Champions 2017/18 vs. Livi

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some great scenes at the end there, can't beat a pitch invasion, just a good thing we weren't GOADED. 

Well done to the Buddies, have deserved it for months now and will have been good for them to wrap it up in front of ~6k home fans.

We'll be delighted with that point too, thought St Mirren wanting to win the league at home against the side in 2nd in style would have meant they'd get a couple goals to do so. Brilliant save by Alexander right at the start, soon as it left Morgan's boot I could only see it hitting the back of the net but he done well to tip it onto the post. 

Like Andy says 4 points should be enough to wrap up 2nd, we should beat Brechin leaving a point from ICT or Dundee Utd, a little bit worried about United's form tbh and the last game of the season at Tannadice could be us both playing for 2nd, could be a cracker. 

Didn't see us finishing anywhere near the play offs at the start of the season so to have our spot confirmed is brilliant. Hopefully we can join St Mirren in the Premiership but overall I'm not too bothered where we finish/how we do in the play offs, I'm just happy we're not in a relegation scrap. 

20 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Didn't see us finishing anywhere near the play offs at the start of the season so to have our spot confirmed is brilliant. Hopefully we can join St Mirren in the Premiership but overall I'm not too bothered where we finish/how we do in the play offs, I'm just happy we're not in a relegation scrap. 

Find this a very odd point.

I said to anyone who would listen after Livi beat us in the leaue cup in August they are 1 of the best teams in the league.

Having spoken with Hibs fans after Livi played them they agreed Livi were for the watching.

Scenes at the end were teriffic I thought we deserved a win but the point was enough to get us over the line. Thought we looked tired second half but that’s only to be expected when you consider  how relentlessly consistent we’ve been all season. 

Im off to get blootered ! We’re on our way :thumsup2

Well deserved from St Mirren. Decent fans as well so I can't grudge them it well done. Everyone was satisfied with that draw and both sets of fans were in good voice. Look forward to our meetings next season.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Can someone please post the Stevie Thompson dancing gif that I filmed on but someone converted into a 'pleasing' gif? 

Just need to see it right about now! :lol:

IMG_1532.GIF.2cd0f7166d33ce50e70665986560f6a5.GIF

:thumsup2

That pitch invasion happened quickly! Looked down at my laptop for something, looked back up and the pitch was half covered! Can't really remember us having a pitch invasion like that at the end of a game (Ayr wasn't quite full-time, wasn't at Inverness). Seemed to go quite well - had half hoped the players or Jack Ross or someone would appear briefly on the dugout roof but alas not.

Wonderful celebrations. Finally can relax in the knowledge we aren't going to Morton 2004 it and f**k things up. Glorious.

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Congrats to the Saints, very well deserved.

That being said, Livi being confirmed in a play-off spot with three games to spare is probably a more impressive achievement.

It really isn’t. :thumsup2

51 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

It really isn’t. :thumsup2

You barely survived in this league last season but absolutely should have been nowhere near the bottom. Jack Ross has done an excellent job but Hopkin taking a smaller team on  a much smaller budget to the play-offs is comfortably a better achievement.

Although, I'm sure I wouldn't care if I was a St Mirren fan tonight.

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

You barely survived in this league last season but absolutely should have been nowhere near the bottom. Jack Ross has done an excellent job but Hopkin taking a smaller team on  a much smaller budget to the play-offs is comfortably a better achievement.

Although, I'm sure I wouldn't care if I was a St Mirren fan tonight.

Finishing second simply isn’t a better achievement than a club who nearly dropped into the third tier actually being fcuking Champions.

I’ve read some shite in my time!

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Finishing second simply isn’t a better achievement than a club who nearly dropped into the third tier actually being fcuking Champions.

I’ve read some shite in my time!

It is when the side finishing second is newly promoted and the side winning the league was always expected to be top four.

Why do you care though? Stop arguing on P&B and go celebrate.

26 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It is when the side finishing second is newly promoted and the side winning the league was always expected to be top four.

Why do you care though? Stop arguing on P&B and go celebrate.

Would love to go out celebrating in the normal manner but not feeling well, so stuck at home with cups of tea and my medicine. :thumbsdown

Nothing serious... just need to be near toilet facilities. :lol:

Archived