Pars vs Brechin

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was the one that hit the post a save from Robinson? Outstanding, if so.

Clark missed another sitter in the first half. Don't think it should have been a penalty but Ryan was denied a blatant one just before his goal.

Martin, Ashcroft and Aird would be the MoTM contenders for me. McManus badly needs a goal. Quite happy with Craigen and Vincent in the middle.

Brechin looked even poorer than a League One side there, benefit of the doubt to them since they’re already down and the players won’t have given much of a f**k. Serious lack of cohesion and any sign of quality in that squad.

Happy with the convincing win to keep our run going though, Inverness away is still a big game.

8 hours ago, smpar said:

Brechin looked even poorer than a League One side there, benefit of the doubt to them since they’re already down and the players won’t have given much of a f**k. Serious lack of cohesion and any sign of quality in that squad.

Happy with the convincing win to keep our run going though, Inverness away is still a big game.

A fair summary of our performance. 

I just seriously worry how we will perform next season if Dods is still there.  

:(

I didn't think Brechin had looked as bad as previous results (ok, defensively in the last 3-0 at the Glebe they were poor) against us and their league record suggested in the three games we'd played before yesterday.

But they did look every bit of the team where they are - whether, as has been alluded to above, that's maybe because they're down already - but the Pars played well within themselves and it was as good as over when Ashcroft scored. They did have a couple of efforts and were unlucky when they hit the post but, otherwise, it was a professional performance from us.

Four goals, a clean sheet and another three points before the big one next week in terms of the play-offs. More than happy with that.

I honestly felt quite sorry for the Brechin fans yesterday. Despite their position, they still brought a fairly good number of fans through. The majority of their players then looked like they couldn’t care less.

I thought Finn Graham was one of the very few players that was fighting for everything, yet he was the first player to be taken off. I found that quite bizarre. Although, that’s not as bizarre as Brechin’s assistant shouting for players to “sit deeper” at 1-0 down, just 10 mins into the game. I honestly thought, now that relegation has been confirmed, they might play a little bit better, as there’s not as much pressure. Sadly, I was wrong and yesterday felt like a friendly match.

Thought the referee was terrible yesterday, and also treated the game like a friendly match, but that didn’t influence the result at all.

Hopefully Brechin can get a new manager in for next season, and build a better squad, that can fight for promotion and show us what the club is really capable of. Always liked Brechin, like the trips up there and find their fans very friendly.

13 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I honestly felt quite sorry for the Brechin fans yesterday. Despite their position, they still brought a fairly good number of fans through. The majority of their players then looked like they couldn’t care less.

I thought Finn Graham was one of the very few players that was fighting for everything, yet he was the first player to be taken off. I found that quite bizarre. Although, that’s not as bizarre as Brechin’s assistant shouting for players to “sit deeper” at 1-0 down, just 10 mins into the game. I honestly thought, now that relegation has been confirmed, they might play a little bit better, as there’s not as much pressure. Sadly, I was wrong and yesterday felt like a friendly match.

Thought the referee was terrible yesterday, and also treated the game like a friendly match, but that didn’t influence the result at all.

Hopefully Brechin can get a new manager in for next season, and build a better squad, that can fight for promotion and show us what the club is really capable of. Always liked Brechin, like the trips up there and find their fans very friendly.

This is what we have had to deal with despite the manager's bold statement after our last game in Paisley that they had nothing to lose and were just going to go for it till the end of the season....................The very next match he played SIX at the back against Dumbarton !!!  

That statement from Baillie surprises none of us. 

40 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

You really have to take you hat of to them, time for DD to do the honourable thing and fall on his sword and give us all some hope for next year. We are laughing stock in the world of football  and yet committee think he has done a good job :lol: 

Season ticket holders make your feelings known to them its YOUR club

Most that were there actually travelled in the vain hope that we might actually attack. 

Steve Campbell was in the stand writing stuff down. I shouted that the only thing he needed to write was  4-4-2.    

Sadly we were let down on both counts.   The coaching staff  have given the fans absolutely nothing for their loyalty. 

After we were officially relegated DD said we d start being more attacking we ve have nt scored a goal since that statement was made . Mackin and Layne are the answer .St Mirren struggled a wee bit against them last 25 minutes . Isaac gets a lot of stick but chasing lost causes every week on his own s a big big ask . 

I d give DD the league cup section where we ll play teams of all levels and by then it should be obvious what our season holds .. 

The players heads are down and no wonder.I’ve said before it’s the tactics and wrong players on the park which is Dods n co’s responsibility.For me now there is no credibility. No where else in world football amateur to professional would a manager with these stats be in a job

1 minute ago, Brechin1974 said:

After we were officially relegated DD said we d start being more attacking we ve have nt scored a goal since that statement was made . Mackin and Layne are the answer .St Mirren struggled a wee bit against them last 25 minutes . Isaac gets a lot of stick but chasing lost causes every week on his own s a big big ask . 

I d give DD the league cup section where we ll play teams of all levels and by then it should be obvious what our season holds .. 

Nope he has to go now. 

That was as boring 4-0 win as you can get. 2 mins in and it was game over, there was no tempo to the game.

Brechin probably lucky they aren't going to face a side needing a boost to their goal difference, there was big score line available if we chased it. Did the professional thing tho and conserved energy and avoid any bookings/injuries.

2 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Nope he has to go now. 

I never made yesterday but was working in Brora the week of Inverness match so travelled down . From 10 minutes in it was blatantly obvious we had no desire to attack that game .High balls to Isaac with no support. Sounds exactly what's went on yesterday . Buzz was fantastic that night and kept score very respectful DD stood arms folded the whole night . 

There were 7 other fans that night . Genuinely felt sorry for them. 

1 hour ago, the west curve said:

Do the Pars count empty seats as being occupied? I have seen clips of their matches and the crowds being stated seem to be way higher than the actual attendance? 

Season ticket holders are included whether they attend or not. There's over 3000 season ticket holders.

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Most that were there actually travelled in the vain hope that we might actually attack. 

Steve Campbell was in the stand writing stuff down. I shouted that the only thing he needed to write was  4-4-2.    

Sadly we were let down on both counts.   The coaching staff  have given the fans absolutely nothing for their loyalty. 

You were so easy to defend against, especially with M’Voto against your striker. We had twenty yards between our defence and any attacker so could even have played three at the back. I thought Finn was arguably your best threat coming forward and got taken off.

What happened to the guy on loan from Aberdeen?

Archived