ICT v FFC: Pump or be pumped

As a modest Caley fan if the midfield is given the time to set the pace of the game with Vigurs and Polworth I fancy our chances, one of the reasons Falkirk battered us back 3-1 back on Jan 27th was becasue of both of their absences that day (and Mulraney's red)  I can mind Sibbald having an excellent game that day though really getting at our makeshift centre mids especially Trafford who looked v poor without his aforementioned two amigos for the safe pass which is where our weakness lies, - getting at our slow centre even Sergio Donaldson isn't rapid. We've also only gained 1 point from a losing position all season and have roughly 20,000 red cards so mentality and discipline are clear weaknesses though the feeling around the club until we drop a singular point is very very very optimistic of 4th, it's the hope that kills you.  Do Falkirk fans have the same grand delusion as us? or did Saturday kill it? Sorry ken this is a Falkirk post just very bored in work. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sean ICTFC said:

As a modest Caley fan if the midfield is given the time to set the pace of the game with Vigurs and Polworth I fancy our chances, one of the reasons Falkirk battered us back 3-1 back on Jan 27th was becasue of both of their absences that day (and Mulraney's red)  I can mind Sibbald having an excellent game that day though really getting at our makeshift centre mids especially Trafford who looked v poor without his aforementioned two amigos for the safe pass which is where our weakness lies, - getting at our slow centre even Sergio Donaldson isn't rapid. We've also only gained 1 point from a losing position all season and have roughly 20,000 red cards so mentality and discipline are clear weaknesses though the feeling around the club until we drop a singular point is very very very optimistic of 4th, it's the hope that kills you.  Do Falkirk fans have the same grand delusion as us? or did Saturday kill it? Sorry ken this is a Falkirk post just very bored in work. 

Some folk kept banging on about sneaking fourth despite the evidence that we are generally toilet. Thankfully that nonsense has been wrapped after Sat.

Home win.

Nagging desire to go to this but common sense will most likely prevail.

Nathan Austin scores a hat-trick in the first ten minutes then gets subbed off injured.  Game abandoned after the entire Falkirk team are sent off for taunting him for being injured.

ICT a physical team :lol:  Have you seen the wet blankets we have playing for us these days?

And yet in the same forum one of your fellow posters is talking about the number of red cards you have had.
Indeed it was the main reason we beat you at TFS last time out.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

And yet in the same forum one of your fellow posters is talking about the number of red cards you have had.
Indeed it was the main reason we beat you at TFS last time out.

Most of our red cards have been for our players been gobby shites (Vigurs) or immensely stupid (Mulraney) rather than going round kicking folk up in the air like we did back in the good old days (Tokely).

Most of our red cards have been for our players been gobby shites (Vigurs) or immensely stupid (Mulraney) rather than going round kicking folk up in the air like we did back in the good old days (Tokely).

Ross Tokely [emoji16]

8 hours ago, Sean ICTFC said:

Those simpletons who were spouting on about a play off place are probably the same ones who lose the plot and insist that we are relegation candidates any time we lose a game.

Those simpletons who were spouting on about a play off place are probably the same ones who lose the plot and insist that we are relegation candidates any time we lose a game.

I rather suspect I might fall into that ‘simpletons’ category (cue the obvious posters[emoji16]).
The point is you support your team and want them to do well. So you hope your team will perform above expectations and grab a play off spot. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. Indeed, what’s the point of playing or supporting the team if there’s nothing to aim for?
Now that it’s almost mathematically impossible to achieve the promotion play off spot, you start to look below you and focus now on getting clear of the relegation playoffs, which is where my head is now.

7 hours ago, RiG said:

Oh come on!

i can hardly recall an instance whereby R Tokely received a sanction for any action outwith those that formula one aficionados might refer to "racing incidents".

Admittedly, his enthusiasm and naivete have allowed unscrupulous opponents to take advantage and that in and of itself is a shameful thing. To win anything in such circumstances is hollow indeed.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I rather suspect I might fall into that ‘simpletons’ category (cue the obvious postersemoji16.png).
The point is you support your team and want them to do well. So you hope your team will perform above expectations and grab a play off spot. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. Indeed, what’s the point of playing or supporting the team if there’s nothing to aim for?
Now that it’s almost mathematically impossible to achieve the promotion play off spot, you start to look below you and focus now on getting clear of the relegation playoffs, which is where my head is now.

Completely agree every team sets out to win every game and I am guilty as charged, I fancy us to get 9 points from our next 3 games being truthful, taking us to 50 points with 3 games left against Dunfermline, Livingston and Morton but IF we do beat Dunfermline at home (which is where my head is telling me the penny and points will drop) even a points tally of 56 seems like it might not be quite enough. The prospect of Cappielow on the 28th with something to play for in the sun is too much for me to not even get a little excited by. 

I'm afflicted by a certain lethargy and i can't quite bring myself to search through the recent cup final thread to find who posted the cute comments that betrayed a certain reluctance to lay down the chains of disappointment 

I rather suspect I might fall into that ‘simpletons’ category (cue the obvious posters[emoji16]).
absolutely this

1 hour ago, sophia said:

Oh come on!

i can hardly recall an instance whereby R Tokely received a sanction for any action outwith those that formula one aficionados might refer to "racing incidents".

Admittedly, his enthusiasm and naivete have allowed unscrupulous opponents to take advantage and that in and of itself is a shameful thing. To win anything in such circumstances is hollow indeed.

He chased after Steven McGarry in a game against Motherwell and punched him in the back of the head.

17 minutes ago, RiG said:

He chased after Steven McGarry in a game against Motherwell and punched him in the back of the head.

You've included the words Steven and McGarry.

ergo ... racing incident

Archived