ICT v FFC: Pump or be pumped

Last installment on Tuesday night.... Dumbartons win yesterday means its not feet up time for us yet unfortunately, and difficult to pick a winner going by the last two games hetween the sides.

I have to be honest though, I dont fancy us, but will reserve judgement till I see the line up, such were the obvious mistakes in Saturdays setup.

No Sean Welsh, no McGhee at RWB and potentially I think no Louis Longridge in midfield.

Midfield three of Blair Taiwo and Sibbald for me with Jak and Louis up top assuming Nelson cant play after being savagely attacked yesterday.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think yesterday showed for me that if there is one thing Hartley needs to add to our team during the summer its a physical presence.

We have been bullied in so many games this year by bigger, stronger teams and I fear Tuesday night could be the same.

I hope I am wrong and we can get the points we need to be safe sooner rather than later as this pish isn't good for the blood pressure.

Hazard

Muirhead Grant McGhee

Kidd                                                                          Robson

Mckee Blair

Sibbald

Jak                 Nelson

Team for me, prefer kidd to tumility at rwb, fed up with longridge having a good 30 mins every 3 games and would push sibbald into the no10

Longridge up front or on the bench. Midfield is no place for him. Cant carry luxury players in midfield

Eta forgetting no Nelson. No brainer then LL and Jak up front.
I think you'll probably be right in that Hartley will play LL with jakubiak up front especially if we play more on the break. I'd play ohara and jakubiak with sibbald in the no10 as he's a far better player there than 'LL.

'LL plays a good game in every 5 or so and next season we need players that play 4 out of 5 good or well never progress. Ll decision making was poor again yesterday and I'm fed up with it. Hartley maybe made up his mind about moving ohara on too though which shows the surreal position we are in. we've moved on Baird McHugh hippo Austin and loy has been a disaster. shepherd is out on loan and Harris been disappointing. maybe he should just play jakubiak up front on his own with sibbald in behind and pack the midfield?

Hazard
Muirhead Grant McGhee
Tumilty Taiwo Welsh Robson
Longridge Sibbald
Jakubiak

Tumilty back into the lineup, unless he’s been injured he should never have been dropped. I think Welsh is a good player but would like to see him next to a runner like Taiwo, it’s worth giving him a run of games to see if he deserves a contract next year. Sibbs and Longridge can run with the ball and would drive us forward, linking well with the wingbacks to supply Jak who can finish. Easy.

Hazard
Muirhead Grant McGhee
Tumilty Taiwo Welsh Robson
Longridge Sibbald
Jakubiak

Tumilty back into the lineup, unless he’s been injured he should never have been dropped. I think Welsh is a good player but would like to see him next to a runner like Taiwo, it’s worth giving him a run of games to see if he deserves a contract next year. Sibbs and Longridge can run with the ball and would drive us forward, linking well with the wingbacks to supply Jak who can finish. Easy.

Would prefer Blair to Welsh but no issies there really. Decent line up. Agree on Tumilty.

I would have Longridge up top though. Sibbald can do the link up himself if Taiwo and Blair are there to prevent him having to come so deep.

What is it that makes us still want to attend these games with little to play for after Saturday and a likliehood of defeat? Tempted to drive up from Lanarkshire after work and back home afterwards.

I’d rather not see Blair or Welsh in the middle of the park tbh, as ICT are a much more physical team. Also needs players who are will to track back and stay with their allocated man.

Thomson

Muirhead Grant McGhee

Tumilty Kidd Sibbald Taiwo Robson

Longridge Jakubiak

What is it that makes us still want to attend these games with little to play for after Saturday and a likliehood of defeat? Tempted to drive up from Lanarkshire after work and back home afterwards.
I’d rather not see Blair or Welsh in the middle of the park tbh, as ICT are a much more physical team. Also needs players who are will to track back and stay with their allocated man.
Thomson
Muirhead Grant McGhee
Longridge Jakubiak

It's because come the summer we will be desperate for any FFC news and be counting the days to the first Diddy Cup tie of the season.
Basically its a life long addiction.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Thomson

Muirhead Grant McGhee

Longridge Jakubiak

Bit of a trek midweek, fair play to you sir. Always good to see a decent away crowd but midweek games north of Perth are just a bit much for a lot of folk.

Id personally like to see summer football and more Friday night games, frozen stiff watching mediocrity has a shelf life imo - but summer football and safe standingis a  whole other debate.  

I know we aren’t safe yet but I’m already mainly thinking about next season already. At least we can have some hope as Hartley seems able spot a player (thinking more the boys from down south (Nelson, Jakubiak & Robson) here than Longridge who can be excellent but tends to be a bit meh).

in terms of Saturday, was gonna say at time but would’ve been put down to saltiness or whatever...thought the Ref was horrendous, he got decisions wrong for both teams but the tackles they got away with seemed to be over the top. Hands all over Jak whole game, if that had been a Celtic striker the cards would’ve been flying out his pocket. 

Archived