Morton v Dumbarton - Tuesday night

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Must win game if we want to revive our slim hopes of making the playoffs. Dumbarton will be on a high after today’s result.

1-0 Morton.

If you are able to defend corners you will be fine.

If your defence are a shower of half blind panic merchant cockwombles, who couldn't defend a corner if their granny's life depended on it... chances are you'll lose 3-2.....

If you are able to defend corners you will be fine.
If your defence are a shower of half blind panic merchant cockwombles, who couldn't defend a corner if their granny's life depended on it... chances are you'll lose 3-2.....

We lost 2 from corners and 1 from a long throw in today!

1 minute ago, Millions said:

We lost 2 from corners and 1 from a long throw in today!

Did you? f**k, apologies; wasn't taking the piss.

You might be fucked then......

Don't care; not going. Duffy was happy to end our season in February as usual. Not sure I can stomach any more until he's replaced by a manager with more ambition.

We're going to start to run out of games to catch Dunfermline. So it's an absolute must we win on Tuesday. That would take us within 2 points of them.

Dunfermline, Dun Utd or ourselves will drop points from now until the end of the season so there will be an opportunity to make the playoff's if we take it.

Out of the 3 of us Dunfermline look like the form team at the moment. It's in their hands to be in the playoff's right now. But we must keep the pressure up.

Dumbarton always give us a hard game, but if we're serious about making the playoff's we need the win 

7 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Shame game written all over it.

Changes are clearly needed, so Duffy will inevitably make the wrong ones by persisting with 4-3-fucking-3 and bringing John fucking Baird into the team.

Seems like you're still sore after yesterday. Colkitto gave above the sort of calm and logical analysis of the situation that you sometimes do, might do you good to take another look.

Then again, maybe not.

There's a time for calm, rational analysis and there's a time for being a seethe merchant.

After falling out of the top four with one win in seven games - against Brechin - a run of form which is largely the consequence of a manager with a penchant for needless tinkering deviating from the starting XI which had put us in a commanding position for the playoffs in the first place then steadfastly refusing to revert to it, I'm happy to conclude that this is the time for turning into a seething mess and calling for that manager's head.

^^^seething

I agree with Dunning. Duffy has had 32 previous league games to work out what his best starting XI is, and if he still doesn’t know at this stage of the season then what chance do we have? As I said on the Livi match thread, we went on a run and won 7 out of 8 games and played almost the same team in every one of those, but Duffy started to mess about with it for a cup game we were never going to win, and have won one game since then against the worst team in the league.

29 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Morton will be fine for a play off place because Dundee United as absolutely stinking bad.

Morton won’t be fine at all. They have limited offensive capability,  beacause of Duffys failure to build a balance squad from day one,  are poor at breaking teams down at home and hardly ever win games they deserve to lose but do frequently fail to win games they should. 

Still our vastly experienced accountant will be happy that we haven’t exceeded the tea bag budget.

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

There's a time for calm, rational analysis and there's a time for being a seethe merchant.

After falling out of the top four with one win in seven games - against Brechin - a run of form which is largely the consequence of a manager with a penchant for needless tinkering deviating from the starting XI which had put us in a commanding position for the playoffs in the first place then steadfastly refusing to revert to it, I'm happy to conclude that this is the time for turning into a seething mess and calling for that manager's head.

^^^seething

2 hours ago, IainMorton said:

I agree with Dunning. Duffy has had 32 previous league games to work out what his best starting XI is, and if he still doesn’t know at this stage of the season then what chance do we have? As I said on the Livi match thread, we went on a run and won 7 out of 8 games and played almost the same team in every one of those, but Duffy started to mess about with it for a cup game we were never going to win, and have won one game since then against the worst team in the league.

Swap for Stevie Aitken?

Archived