The Super v Stranraer FC

2 hours ago, ThePoohBear said:

He is our only striker. Would rather play with none. He has been like that all season. Gives us nothing. 

Aye, you've been saying that..... over , and over , and over again.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t worry about it , he changed the game at Arbroath ans started this wee run we are on , though to be clear I can’t remember what he did that made the difference , but ad a team we were better with him non the park 

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Just me that thought the Stranraer striker caused us quite a few issues on Saturday in the first half then!

However , time to plant this thread , and move on to the Rovers of Wraith 

Am I right in saying the Linesman (Assistant Referee) will put his flag up and wave it if he sees a foul?  Well, yesterdays linesman did absolutely nothing going by the cameras, so I would think that he either didn't think it was that bad or he just thought the Ref had a better view than him.  I still think the Ref should have spoken to the linesman first before pulling out a red card as he had a clear view from a different angle.
They're miked up so they do speak to each other, the lack of flag waving is immaterial if the ref blew for the foul anyway.

1 hour ago, Parkhouse said:

Wasn't even close to the worse challenge in the game, Hammill's groin-high challenge on Moore was disgraceful.  100% red card, he knew what he was at.

regarding Hamill both players went in with feet up. I noticed your highlights didn't show it.

Just that Hamill's high foot was about a foot or two higher than Moore's, eh?  One player was fairly challenging for the ball, the other deliberately fouling an opponent.

BTW Hamill's challenge isn't the worst we've seen at Somerset this season from a Stranraer player.  That was Turner's absolute shocker on Forrest in the first game, a challenge he somehow got away with.

1 hour ago, Parkhouse said:

Just that Hamill's high foot was about a foot or two higher than Moore's, eh?  One player was fairly challenging for the ball, the other deliberately fouling an opponent.

BTW Hamill's challenge isn't the worst we've seen at Somerset this season from a Stranraer player.  That was Turner's absolute shocker on Forrest in the first game, a challenge he somehow got away with.

Wasnt there on Saturday so can't comment on hamills tackle. Surely wasn't that bad when your highlights never even showed it...

As for turners tackle in the 1st game its a tackle you want your centre midfielder to make after your full back gets turned inside out. Tackles like turners, hamills, adams, and think it was Moffats in the 1st game is something that games between ayr and Stranraer have been missing. Maybe even football as a whole. 

Archived