The Super v Stranraer FC

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might be wrong but someone next to me on Saturday said that there is a hearing on the Wednesday where the verdict will be revealed.

I’d never heard of that so he might be wrong but I was sure Alloa appealed against a red card and the player managed to play another game before being suspended.

Had a look - that Alloa game was on a Tuesday.

Also googled generic appeals and quite a few seem to be on the Thursday of the following week (if the game was on a Saturday) So, probably no luck there.

Had a look - that Alloa game was on a Tuesday.

Also googled generic appeals and quite a few seem to be on the Thursday of the following week (if the game was on a Saturday) So, probably no luck there.

Yeah it was always a long shot but there’s a fair chance that it will get over turned.

It’s not just a case of a panel watching the footage and then deciding. Shankland will get to make his case so that’ll also be taken into consideration.

It’s not the end of the world if he is banned as Moore and Moffat still have a good partnership. It’s the fact that that could’ve been his last game for us yesterday and it wasn’t the send off he deserved.

Hmmm... 

I think McCall put it well in his post match interview.  Shankland hasn't led with his elbow to injure McGowan. He's also checked where they are as there are two of them. Having watched it back a few times and slow mo I don't know how anyone can say it is deliberate or with malice. Confident we have a chance of it being rescinded. However, it's the SFA.

If it doesn't get rescinded, I look forward to witnessing 2 red cards a game. It's the equivalent of when they cracked down on shirt pulling in the box and then walked that back.  

Disappointed not to see more of the fouls the hammer throwers got away with without going in the book. Especially the one on Moore that was talked about in the interview as well.

Hmmm... 
I think McCall put it well in his post match interview.  Shankland hasn't led with his elbow to injure McGowan. He's also checked where they are as there are two of them. Having watched it back a few times and slow mo I don't know how anyone can say it is deliberate or with malice. Confident we have a chance of it being rescinded. However, it's the SFA.
If it doesn't get rescinded, I look forward to witnessing 2 red cards a game. It's the equivalent of when they cracked down on shirt pulling in the box and then walked that back.  
Disappointed not to see more of the fouls the hammer throwers got away with without going in the book. Especially the one on Moore that was talked about in the interview as well.

If it isn’t rescinded then I imagine we’ll all be shouting for a few red cards on Sunday! Adds an extra little edge.

1 hour ago, thomas 62 said:

Remember Stranraer had 6 young players from development league in play yesterday 5 of them with only 3 months experience in league football never mind 1st division.

Please change the record...

You've done well as you looked dead when we beat you 5-1 at your place and then you sold Bell to us. (Thanks for that btw) 

Now that you have been given plaudits kindly go back to your hovel. 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Please change the record...

You've done well as you looked dead when we beat you 5-1 at your place and then you sold Bell to us. (Thanks for that btw) 

Now that you have been given plaudits kindly go back to your hovel. 

1-2

6 minutes ago, Iain said:

Never a red. The player he looks round at isn't even the one who gets contacted. Laughable.

He got the man he was looking to get, the big man had got away with going through the back of him all day.

Don't know how close Somerset lad was to the supporter but I am within touching distance and mr petiggrew instigated the fan be ejected he did not ask the guy to leave he went straight to the steward insisting the guy be ejected without asking what happened.

the fan had a differing opinion of mr mcalls tactics to which Boyle jumped up shouting and docherty following with his tuppence worth at the end the guy lost it but no doubt for me Boyle and docherty caused this by not being able to sit in the box and let the fan voice his opinion whether they liked it or not the guy pays his money and they should know better if they can't handle don't sit in that area.

Don't know how close Somerset lad was to the supporter but I am within touching distance and mr petiggrew instigated the fan be ejected he did not ask the guy to leave he went straight to the steward insisting the guy be ejected without asking what happened.
the fan had a differing opinion of mr mcalls tactics to which Boyle jumped up shouting and docherty following with his tuppence worth at the end the guy lost it but no doubt for me Boyle and docherty caused this by not being able to sit in the box and let the fan voice his opinion whether they liked it or not the guy pays his money and they should know better if they can't handle don't sit in that area.

So if a fan pays his money he can run his mouth constantly criticising the team?
No wonder the players jumped to the defence of their teammates and manager. If the guy is able to dish it out then he can’t be shocked when a couple of players who are sitting right in front of him call him out for it.

Not saying we should chuck fans out every week but there are folk at Somerset every week who are never happy with the team and regardless of whether or not they have paid money the atmosphere would be a lot better without them.

Ferry boys beating ayr on the park and making there players argue with the fans. This just gets better. 

Must be shit tho. Get Shankland suspended but still have moore and Moffat as strikers. We have stephen okoh quite possibly the worst striker to ever play football. Hard times indeed at Somerset. 

Still do think ayr will win the league but so happy ee managed to beat them finnaly this season. Didn'texpect we would.

Ferry boys beating ayr on the park and making there players argue with the fans. This just gets better. 
Must be shit tho. Get Shankland suspended but still have moore and Moffat as strikers. We have stephen okoh quite possibly the worst striker to ever play football. Hard times indeed at Somerset. 
Still do think ayr will win the league but so happy ee managed to beat them finnaly this season. Didn'texpect we would.

I though Okoh was awful but looked world class compared to the boy he was subbed off for.

Obviously hope we go up but don’t like leaving Stranraer with them having won the last game. Hopefully we draw each other in the league cup group and put them back in their place.

5 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

So if a fan pays his money he can run his mouth constantly criticising the team?
No wonder the players jumped to the defence of their teammates and manager. If the guy is able to dish it out then he can’t be shocked when a couple of players who are sitting right in front of him call him out for it.

Not saying we should chuck fans out every week but there are folk at Somerset every week who are never happy with the team and regardless of whether or not they have paid money the atmosphere would be a lot better without them.

The players are meant to be professionals and act like professionals. Not like wee eedjits!

Archived