The Super v Stranraer FC

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AuAl said:

Fair play to Stranraer though, with a squad made basically of youth players they got a win at the league leaders. 

I thought jamie Adams was very good yesterday altho I don't like him diving when a tiny 17 year old grazes past him. 

Yes agree with all of that. I also thought Adams had an effective game but the other stuff does him no favours. He should take note that even his own fans, who clearly rate him are conceding that he is taking that side of things too far.   Hes like a man mountain when hes the one tackling BUT like a ballerina that has blown over in the wind when anyone goes near him. :lol: 

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

As a lone striker, Moore was dropping deep to try and link play. I don’t really see what the issue is with that? It worked fine in the second half.

We needed Moffat to link up play, McCall was too late bringing Moff on.

We needed Moffat to link up play, McCall was too late bringing Moff on.

I don’t particularly disagree, but Moore was doing an alright job of it until he tired.

In terms of counter attacking quickly Moore is probably the better option though so I understand why it wasn’t changed.

Imo we would’ve won with ten men yesterday had Geggan and Docherty been fit.

In those conditions yesterday McDaid, Forrest and McGuffie were all passengers. We needed the likes of Adams in midfield and had Reid not got injured we could’ve done so but unfortunately it was one of those days where everything bad that could’ve happened actually happened.

I still think we’ll win the league but the Alloa game will be a lot more nervy now that we will probably have to win.

1 hour ago, thomas 62 said:

remember last game at Somerset when two of our players were red carded due to Adams antics, we would have won that game if they had not been red carded.

Nice try at reinventing history. The first tackle which saw red was a pretty bad one , although not as bad as the one Kyle Turner somehow got away with.

Jamie Adams is one of the few guys from your way to have some success, and you lot hate him for it. Don't let jealousy consume you. It isn't healthy.

I thought the Ref was absolutely horrific, I was right beside Shanklands challenge and it looked nothing in real time, however the big Girly scream from Neill was what caused the Ref to produce Red imho, apart from that he was letting Staranraer's animals away with assault after assault on our players without any penalty. Let's face it, if Shankland has seriously "done" neill, he wouldn't have made the miraculous recovery and sprinted up the pitch for the resulting set piece. Moore also received a karate kick to his chest but apparently that's fine in the world of yesterday's cretinous Ref .

Apart from the above, I thought we were still the better side even with 10 men and just wish McDaid had been on a little earlier and possibly Moffat should have replaced Moore as he looked absolutely shattered by the 70 min mark.

Anyway, hopefully we win the Shankland appeal and can do what's needed over the next fortnight.

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I thought the Ref was absolutely horrific, I was right beside Shanklands challenge and it looked nothing in real time, however the big Girly scream from Neill was what caused the Ref to produce Red imho, apart from that he was letting Staranraer's animals away with assault after assault on our players without any penalty. Let's face it, if Shankland has seriously "done" neill, he wouldn't have made the miraculous recovery and sprinted up the pitch for the resulting set piece. Moore also received a karate kick to his chest but apparently that's fine in the world of yesterday's cretinous Ref .

Apart from the above, I thought we were still the better side even with 10 men and just wish McDaid had been on a little earlier and possibly Moffat should have replaced Moore as he looked absolutely shattered by the 70 min mark.

Anyway, hopefully we win the Shankland appeal and can do what's needed over the next fortnight.

what a load of S..t

Season ticket holder put out today next to me by stewards because he was skating McCall tactics (totally justified in my opinion) Boyle and docherty mouthing off I'll not repeat what they told the guy but it was strong words at the guy defending McCall. Mr Pettigrew our supposed fans spokesperson got involved getting the stewards to put the guy out without seeing  or hearing what happened just saw the guy and the players arguing, think you should be trying to listen to the supporter before asking for the guy to be put out mr fans spokesperson.

The arsehole in question was talking shite as do the majority of the folk sitting in the stand.

Just because Mark Pettigrew is our spokesmen doesn’t mean he is there to defend us.

Deserved to get chucked out and hopefully he isn’t the last.

43 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Sore loser,YOU WERE PUMPED,That means you are our Bitches until we next play each other

Sore loser,YOU WERE PUMPED,That means you are our Bitches until we next play each other

Fake news

Stranraer are actually forever our bitches after we ended your pitiful promotion push two years ago.

50 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

The arsehole in question was talking shite as do the majority of the folk sitting in the stand.

Just because Mark Pettigrew is our spokesmen doesn’t mean he is there to defend us.

Deserved to get chucked out and hopefully he isn’t the last.

I guess it depends what the guy was saying/doing. If he was doing a Gordon Sawers then he should have been chucked out.

I'm confident if Mark had him chucked out he must have been out of order.

That said, celebrating fans being chucked out and wanting more gone probably isn't the best strategy. We need more fans through the gate not less, also I would argue dialogue with these guys is probably a better course to find out why they are constantly negative. 

Archived