The Super v Stranraer FC

12 minutes ago, tuckersloan said:

If Ayr hadn't had a man sent off think its very debatable whether Stranraer would have won but given what we have been through recently what an achievement to win 4 in a row when it looked like our season would just dwindle away. Some of the play wasn't great but the players worked ever so hard for the cause - well done to Stevie Farroll for keeping them all going and not allowing team spirit to collapse.

I can see Jamie Adams is popular with Ayr fans but seriously his conduct on the park is a joke. Hes a very physical player but hey I have witnessed many players like that over the years. But never have I seen a player who is no stranger to a hard/dirty tackle throw himself about like such a fairy when anyone challenges him or in some cases simply comes within 5 yards of him.  At one point in the game he put a shocking tackle in on Turner (he seems to like a crunching tackle on a youngster) and then minutes later was rolling about when Scott didn't even make any contact (after he had just been booked for a tackle on him). Its one thing trying to get an edge (part and parcel of football) but hes just a blatant cheat and a bully on the park.

Our players and our coaching staff have performed better than I expected after being put in a very difficult situation in January.  Hopefully we can retain some of these youngsters for next season and add a bit of quality within an affordable budget. Games like today prove that you don't need to spend loads to get decent results at this level.  Well done to everyone for providing an exciting day for the hard core fans who continue to follow week in week out - they deserve it.         

I have watched three of the Stranraer games so far this season. Some of your points are valid however I have noticed exactly the same from several Stranraer players during those games. In particular the two games at Somerset you have came to kick us off the park and the first game is one of the worst time wasting efforts seen in years. If you want to criticise Ayr that is not really an area you should have much complaint. 

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Have a word with yourself :lol: Adams was the one who had his head burst open from your players. Hammil and Neil could have both walked for several challenges on our players today, but that’s football. Stranraer fans love to paint Adams as the pantomime villain because of his ties to the, but get a grip woman.

My comments have nothing to do with his connections with Stranraer - couldn't care less about that side of things. He has the right to play for whoever he chooses or whoever wants him. BUT you would need to be incredibly blinkered (looks like you may come into this category) not to recognise that  the way he acts on the pitch is beyond ridiculous and very hypocritical. 

Kicking, coming for crosses, taking things hit straight at him cleanly without dropping them. 

His kicking was absolutely fine.

He doesn’t come for crosses which is fine by me. He dropped one shot, as far as I can remember, for a split second.

I don’t think he’s a great keeper at the moment, and in fact still think Ruddy is marginally better but he was fine today.

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

I have watched three of the Stranraer games so far this season. Some of your points are valid however I have noticed exactly the same from several Stranraer players during those games. In particular the two games at Somerset you have came to kick us off the park and the first game is one of the worst time wasting efforts seen in years. If you want to criticise Ayr that is not really an area you should have much complaint. 

One game in particular when both Adams and Shankland should have walked ,with Adams conning the ref getting Bell sent off, ref got it right today for a change.

Don’t know why any Rovers fan is gloating over Ayr losing it means absolutely zip in the grand scheme of things , Ayr still in the driving seat and can’t see us going to Stranraer next week and winning.
Oh shut up. Why can't we win next week?

11 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Fair enough reply but don't think any of the incidents you may be referring to are anywhere near the same scale. Stand by my original comments - he takes it well too far and should be embarrassed. If I was his manager I would want him to stop it as it doesn't do your team any favours. Obviously am only commenting on what I have witnessed - perhaps hes not so bad against other teams.    

Just now, No_Problemo said:

His kicking was absolutely fine.

He doesn’t come for crosses which is fine by me. He dropped one shot, as far as I can remember, for a split second.

I don’t think he’s a great keeper at the moment, and in fact still think Ruddy is marginally better but he was fine today.

He was not required to do much today,  but he still managed to lump kick-outs to the opposite side from where Moore was and on one occasion managed to miss the pitch entirely. He didn't cost us the game by any stretch today but was by no means competent.

He and Ruddy are up there with the worst goalkeepers we have had, definite top 5. 

7 minutes ago, thomas 62 said:

One game in particular when both Adams and Shankland should have walked ,with Adams conning the ref getting Bell sent off, ref got it right today for a change.

What about Hamills conduct the first game at Ayr? One of the best performances in cheating I’ve seen in a long time. A lot of Ayr fans don’t like him but I think he’s plays to the wire and and his experience is great at this level. Whilst I’m sure you could criticise Ayr for a lot of things kicking and cheating isn’t one coming from Stranraer. 

3 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

What about Hamills conduct the first game at Ayr? One of the best performances in cheating I’ve seen in a long time. A lot of Ayr fans don’t like him but I think he’s plays to the wire and and his experience is great at this level. Whilst I’m sure you could criticise Ayr for a lot of things kicking and cheating isn’t one coming from Stranraer. 

never mind we will be trying our hardest next week to put one over Raith ,you just need to win your games it's your own hands.

That was pretty sickening tbh.

I'm really keen to see the sending off but the ref was right there so I doubt we'll have been hard done by.

After that I thought ayr did OK...considering the situation. We looked reasonably comfortable and actually in the second half I thought we were edging it.

I do agree that Jamie Adams fannies about a bit but he put in a brilliant shift. Ayr motm by a mile I thought.

Folk criticising the manager or tactics today must have ridiculous expectations. I was surprised that moff didn't start but after the sending off it wasn't the game for him.

I'm absolutely gutted.

Missed today's game but listened via Aumedia. It sounded like the ref was out to get us from the commentary the number of 'robust' challenges from Stranraer that went unpunished was in the teens. 

It actually sounded like we played quite well in the 2nd half and were unlucky to lose given we only had 10 men.

Interested to see the highlights.

Gutted to lose and gutted to hear of a season ticket holder being chucked out. We are all adults and we need to muck in. If we are going to win the league the players need to know we are backing them! 

Let's get into Alloa next Sunday and with any luck Raith will have dropped points to Stranraer on the saturday.

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Missed today's game but listened via Aumedia. It sounded like the ref was out to get us from the commentary the number of 'robust' challenges from Stranraer that went unpunished was in the teens. 

It actually sounded like we played quite well in the 2nd half and were unlucky to lose given we only had 10 men.

Interested to see the highlights.

Gutted to lose and gutted to hear of a season ticket holder being chucked out. We are all adults and we need to muck in. If we are going to win the league the players need to know we are backing them! 

Let's get into Alloa next Sunday and with any luck Raith will have dropped points to Stranraer on the saturday.

don't forget you were listening to Aumedia slightly bias I would think.

Just now, thomas 62 said:

don't forget you were listening to Aumedia slightly bias I would think.

Hence why I said 'It sounded like' twice and also said interested to see the highlights. 

Do keep up. :1eye

Folk criticising the manager or tactics today must have ridiculous expectations. I was surprised that moff didn't start but after the sending off it wasn't the game for him.

I thought bringing Moffat on would've been the only way we would create any chances, McGuffie was poor and replacing him with Moffat and shifting Crawford out wide could have given Moore more support up top I feel.

Either way I think McCall took too long to chance it up when bringing McDaid on

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

You would think that at this stage of the season the SPFL would send competent officials to important games.

The ref missed the Stranraer left midfielders stamp on Reid, several fouls by Neil on Shankland, including the one where Shankland got sent off. The flying elbow on McGuffie and Hamill only got a booking for a stamp on Moores groin. One of Neils challenges could have broken Shanklands leg.

Losing Reid and Shankland early on and having that clown back in goals made it a long afternoon. playing one up front (Moore was very poor today) with Forrest and McGuffie contributing very little didn't work and it took until the 86th min for McCall to put Moffat on. 

Stranraer had nothing up front but for some reason we played deep for most of the second half, creating a big gap between Moore and everyone else. We didn't pass the ball well and didn't look like shooting any time we got forward and kept putting ourselves under pressure. 

We go in to an away game next week, without 3 of the usual back 4, Two midfielders at centre half, possibly without Shankland and the equivalent of a short outfield player in goals.  

SPFL and conpetent will never happen.

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

You would think that at this stage of the season the SPFL would send competent officials to important games.

The ref missed the Stranraer left midfielders stamp on Reid, several fouls by Neil on Shankland, including the one where Shankland got sent off. The flying elbow on McGuffie and Hamill only got a booking for a stamp on Moores groin. One of Neils challenges could have broken Shanklands leg.

Losing Reid and Shankland early on and having that clown back in goals made it a long afternoon. playing one up front (Moore was very poor today) with Forrest and McGuffie contributing very little didn't work and it took until the 86th min for McCall to put Moffat on. 

Stranraer had nothing up front but for some reason we played deep for most of the second half, creating a big gap between Moore and everyone else. We didn't pass the ball well and didn't look like shooting any time we got forward and kept putting ourselves under pressure. 

We go in to an away game next week, without 3 of the usual back 4, Two midfielders at centre half, possibly without Shankland and the equivalent of a short outfield player in goals.  

Moore wasn't poor today. He was given the thankless task of playing up front by himself while the rest of the team dug in to prevent Stranraer scoring and serviced him with long balls. The only complaint I'd have is that he missed a good chance in the second half at 1-1 but he's scored more than a few goals this season so it's forgivable. Also didn't think Hart did anything wrong today but didn't have much to do apart from a couple of easy saves.

Moffat should've started the game but it certainly wasn't the sort of game he could've came on and made an impact what with very little time on the ball and tackles flying everywhere. 

At the end of the day Shankland getting sent off cost us as I have absolutely no doubts we'd have beaten Stranraer with 11 men on the park. Just hope this wasn't his last game for us as it'd be a bad way to go but the title is still very much in our hands.

4 points minimum and it's over.

I thought bringing Moffat on would've been the only way we would create any chances, McGuffie was poor and replacing him with Moffat and shifting Crawford out wide could have given Moore more support up top I feel.

Either way I think McCall took too long to chance it up when bringing McDaid on
Aye but moffat in midfield hasn't quite worked this season, and considering our central pairing would've been very slow (moff and Kerr).

We were creating a few openings but at that stage in the game a point would've been a good result (leaving us only need one win).

Stranraer fans love to paint Adams as the pantomime villain because of his ties to the, but get a grip woman.

What connections does Adams have to Stranraer? He’s from kirkcolm.
The best connection would be a Stranraer player booting that metal plate of his to the moon. A horrible human, effective player but a complete thug. Would take a player like that in the Stranraer team. Can’t believe Ayr fans try to deny what he’s about or try and make others out to be worse.
Hard-lines Ayr. I’m sure you still go on to win the league.

10 hours ago, Growl3th said:
12 hours ago, basher brash said:
Don’t know why any Rovers fan is gloating over Ayr losing it means absolutely zip in the grand scheme of things , Ayr still in the driving seat and can’t see us going to Stranraer next week and winning.

Oh shut up. Why can't we win next week?

Because our away form is dreadful, after witnessing the Ayr, Forfar and Arbroath away games it doesn’t fill me with confidence and any how it’s my opinion I’m not asking you to agree with me! 

What connections does Adams have to Stranraer? He’s from kirkcolm.
The best connection would be a Stranraer player booting that metal plate of his to the moon. A horrible human, effective player but a complete thug. Would take a player like that in the Stranraer team. Can’t believe Ayr fans try to deny what he’s about or try and make others out to be worse.
Hard-lines Ayr. I’m sure you still go on to win the league.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] wow

Archived