Cambuslang 15v0 Newmains Clc 2nd round 7.4.18

lokforever

2 hours ago, eaglelok said:

Could the ref not just have stopped it at 10 like we did in the BB lol

Once lost 18 goals in a game ... incl a Stewart Kennedy effort where i wrapped myself round the goalpost ... wasnt the end of my keeping career but it shouldve been 

Patronising shows far less respect, in my opinion, than doing your best against what's put in front of you.  No villains in this, it's just the way things turned out. Personally, I'd say those of us who love our junior football could have done without it, with the back row snigger merchants eager to pounce, but I'd take this over a team not raising a side any day.

41 minutes ago, superbigal said:

They had 2 keepers in the goal at once and still conceded 15 !!!

That might have helped. Newmains No5 Craig Gupwell went off injured in the 34th minute so the goalie coach went into goal and the keeper went to left back and the left back went to centre half. Newmains only had 1 sub.

Sad to read about such a drubbing for a side I have a big soft spot for, Wishy's proper local rivals as far as I'm concerned. When I saw them play in the Sectional League Cup in August (they held Wishy at 1-1 until about the last 5 minutes) I had expected better things this season but I hope it's a case of being darkest before the dawn, I well remember the days in the late 1990s and early millennium when Wishaw were on the end of quite a few tankings (albeit I don't remember any in double figures). Things were turned around by the folks there who cared about the club and put in a lot of hard work so I'm hoping the same happens at Newmains, from what I've seen and heard the people involved with them are trying to do something similar.

I've always liked Victoria Park (even the wilderness days when Wishaw were exiled there), memories of sitting in the pavilion  (sadly long since destroyed) in my early days of following the juniors for a Scottish Cup replay which the then Coltness United won 2-1 (although Wishy were on top after they equalised and threw it away, not that I'm bitter 36 years on). In those days they were the really progressive local club, I remember one or two promotions and a few good cup runs so I'm hoping like Wishy they can rise again. I noticed that they were recently canvassing their fans and the community about possibly changing the name back to Coltness, as a traditonalist (and partly because I grew up in that housing estate in Wishy), I'd say that might be a good idea but obviously it's more important to get the right people in to turn things around. Good luck to all concerned anyway.

Absolutely gutted to see thus result and i feel for Bill Carrigan who loves the club, i know he will be hurting. Until the people of Newmains get out and back the club then they are going to struggle, when i was there i used the local boys club to bring in extra players and show them theres a route into junior football locally and i know Guppy has continued this, yesterday they had a 16 year old playing from the BC. Hopefully this will start to encourage local players and in turn local people to become involved and support the club. 

Keep your head up Bill still some fine stuff going on up at Vicky Park, only a month ago they donated £1600 to Neonatal Intensive Care, through their charity work. Hopefully this kudos brings new fortunes. 

On 08/04/2018 at 09:16, ForzaWishy said:

Sad to read about such a drubbing for a side I have a big soft spot for, Wishy's proper local rivals as far as I'm concerned. When I saw them play in the Sectional League Cup in August (they held Wishy at 1-1 until about the last 5 minutes) I had expected better things this season but I hope it's a case of being darkest before the dawn, I well remember the days in the late 1990s and early millennium when Wishaw were on the end of quite a few tankings (albeit I don't remember any in double figures). Things were turned around by the folks there who cared about the club and put in a lot of hard work so I'm hoping the same happens at Newmains, from what I've seen and heard the people involved with them are trying to do something similar.

I've always liked Victoria Park (even the wilderness days when Wishaw were exiled there), memories of sitting in the pavilion  (sadly long since destroyed) in my early days of following the juniors for a Scottish Cup replay which the then Coltness United won 2-1 (although Wishy were on top after they equalised and threw it away, not that I'm bitter 36 years on). In those days they were the really progressive local club, I remember one or two promotions and a few good cup runs so I'm hoping like Wishy they can rise again. I noticed that they were recently canvassing their fans and the community about possibly changing the name back to Coltness, as a traditonalist (and partly because I grew up in that housing estate in Wishy), I'd say that might be a good idea but obviously it's more important to get the right people in to turn things around. Good luck to all concerned anyway.

I agree. I love the effort put in by the club. It is hoped they will benefit in the coming season with their tie up with Carluke Hearts.

We beat them 12-0 earlier in the season and it is not a scoreline that one likes to see. There but for the grace of god!

Archived