Champions?

EdTheDuck

26 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

With Cove 3-0 up and The Broch 3-0 down I think that's that. Is that right, they've won the title?

Aye, I'm on holiday but they scored 3 in half an hour, sounds like Clach did well to keep it to 5-0 at FT. It will be interesting to see their team sheets leading up to the play offs, I doubt the teams they're due to play will be willing to cancel their holidays to  accommodate postponements to give them a wee rest before.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

So, all the angst about getting the play off dates changed was for nought!

They still have to fulfil their HL commitments, Not sure how much cooperation they'll get from the other teams as per my edit above.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They still have to fulfil their HL commitments, Not sure how much cooperation they'll get from the other teams as per my edit above.

They may not need to play all their fixtures if the title is won. Although I suppose that there is a rule saying all fixtures must be played.

Well done to Cove, presumably with them moving into their new home next season this will be the time to push on & try & get through the play offs & into League 2. Will be difficult to win through but would be good to see Cove give it a proper shot. Would imagine they will still have to fulfil their remaining HFL fixtures to be fair to the other teams in the league.

9 hours ago, peternapper said:

Well done to Cove, presumably with them moving into their new home next season this will be the time to push on & try & get through the play offs & into League 2. Will be difficult to win through but would be good to see Cove give it a proper shot. Would imagine they will still have to fulfil their remaining HFL fixtures to be fair to the other teams in the league.

It would make the end of season positions of every other team in the League meaningless if they didn't. Mind you, they've got away without a ground for 3 years, and borrowing other team's pitches from fixture to fixture, so I guess they could get away with anything. 

I wouldn't blame them fielding the youngsters in the circumstances.

It would be sensible. Cove have to finish the season, in theory they could commit some form of offence and get docked multiple points in the next couple of games...

Archived