• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
EdTheDuck

Champions?

With Cove 3-0 up and The Broch 3-0 down I think that's that. Is that right, they've won the title?

Edited by EdTheDuck

26 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

With Cove 3-0 up and The Broch 3-0 down I think that's that. Is that right, they've won the title?

Aye, I'm on holiday but they scored 3 in half an hour, sounds like Clach did well to keep it to 5-0 at FT. It will be interesting to see their team sheets leading up to the play offs, I doubt the teams they're due to play will be willing to cancel their holidays to  accommodate postponements to give them a wee rest before.

Edited by welshbairn

So, all the angst about getting the play off dates changed was for nought!

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

So, all the angst about getting the play off dates changed was for nought!

They still have to fulfil their HL commitments, Not sure how much cooperation they'll get from the other teams as per my edit above.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They still have to fulfil their HL commitments, Not sure how much cooperation they'll get from the other teams as per my edit above.

They may not need to play all their fixtures if the title is won. Although I suppose that there is a rule saying all fixtures must be played.

6 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

Yes and congratulations

Well done to Cove, presumably with them moving into their new home next season this will be the time to push on & try & get through the play offs & into League 2. Will be difficult to win through but would be good to see Cove give it a proper shot. Would imagine they will still have to fulfil their remaining HFL fixtures to be fair to the other teams in the league.

9 hours ago, peternapper said:

Well done to Cove, presumably with them moving into their new home next season this will be the time to push on & try & get through the play offs & into League 2. Will be difficult to win through but would be good to see Cove give it a proper shot. Would imagine they will still have to fulfil their remaining HFL fixtures to be fair to the other teams in the league.

It would make the end of season positions of every other team in the League meaningless if they didn't. Mind you, they've got away without a ground for 3 years, and borrowing other team's pitches from fixture to fixture, so I guess they could get away with anything. 

Their manager was on the news tonight, said he was glad that the title was tied up now as it would allow players to be rested ahead of the play-off games.

I wouldn't blame them fielding the youngsters in the circumstances.

I wouldn't blame them fielding the youngsters in the circumstances.

It would be sensible. Cove have to finish the season, in theory they could commit some form of offence and get docked multiple points in the next couple of games...

We don't dock anyone points in this league any more.

Anyway, they've a big enough squad to shuffle players about. Last Wednesday their starting line-up was six players different from the one two nights previously.