St Johnstone v Motherwell 7/4/18

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

FWIW I think thats both clubs officially safe from automatic relegation. 12/13 clear of County/Thistle with only 15 left to play for, due to them having a game against each other, its impossible for both to finish above us.

One could get 15 and one could get 12 so another 0-0 between us would keep us safe

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ropy said:

One could get 15 and one could get 12 so another 0-0 between us would keep us safe

Nah we're officially safe. #RandomGuarantee

1 minute ago, ropy said:

Ok the next game should be pressure free, a 6-6 goal fest surely.

Another 0-0 midfield slugfest, hopefully.

Performance of Tanser, Williams and Wotherspoon in a deeper role were the bright spots for me today. Tanser has become a really decent attacking wing back in recent times and has improved massively over the course of the season. Spoony worked hard, linked play well, played some nice passes and competed in the Millar role. Certainly worth more game time there. Williams was quieter than he’s been but he has a lot of potential sitting in behind the strikers. This fabled pace hasn’t really materialised as yet but he is tricky and he sees passes that no one other than an in form Wotherspoon sees. 

Carson pulled out an excellent save at the beginning of the second half but neither side really created much aside from that. I don’t think the game itself was as bad as the St Johnstone banter page would have you believe - certainly more watchable from a Saints perspective than plenty of other games earlier in the season - but equally it won’t live long in the memory. Draw was the right result really and sees both teams safe now you’d imagine. Job done. 

56 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I’ve only just watched the “highlights” and I don’t think Kipre does a whole lot wrong at our disallowed goal. It only had one angle and no replay but it looked a harsh decision.

Goalkeepers are ridiculously over-protected, you can't challenge them in the air from a cross and you can't stand anywhere near them when they have 'control of the ball'...plus Willie Collum is a muppet.

I didn't go yesterday and those 'highlights' vindicate that as it looked like a bit of a shitfest. Main yet again the closest we get to a goal threat, was unlucky with his curling effort in the second half.

The goals for are a concern but at the same time we are capable of making ourselves difficult to beat, that may be our best chance next week.

I’ve only just watched the “highlights” and I don’t think Kipre does a whole lot wrong at our disallowed goal. It only had one angle and no replay but it looked a harsh decision.

There seemed absolutely zero controversy about the decision at the time. From my viewpoint he deliberately ran across Mannus to block him taking a kick out which is something specifically outlawed...

Archived