St Johnstone v Motherwell 7/4/18

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Draw a fair result, neither team near enough quality to win it. Grimshaw is one of the worst players I can remember seeing at this level. 

Feel like this is the beginning of our season just petering out. 

Ridiculous booking for Davidson aside, not sure Collum did that badly tbh. From a saints perspective could have done with him handing out a few cards but can't be too critical of that.

Marginally better second half but pretty uninspiring going forward from saints. Tanser was probably our best player in an attacking sense which is a little depressing. Didn't really look like they wanted to take a risk a try and win the game and no real change made at any point. That said, when Denny Johnstone is the only other option that's maybe a little understandable.

Frustrating that Millar's not starting again. Could have done with him again.

1 hour ago, Casagolda said:

Imagine Robinson would quite happily take the 0-0 and move on.

Yup.

No injuries, a few fringe players got a run out, yet another clean sheet and we didn’t lose.

I mean it sounded horrific for those that were there but job done I suppose.

Just now, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Is that one open play goal in five games?I 

Easy to see why, tbf. Bowman looks like the kind of diddy striker hipsters cream about because he "works hard", before the talented striker beside him leaves and you realise hes an absolute carthorse who barely completes a pass. Kerr dominated Main aswell.

Motherwell are just us from a few years back, style of play is effective but long term its unsustainable, thats a lesson we're learning this year.

30 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Is that one open play goal in five games?I 

I'm only half joking but that it's worth pointing out that record coincides with Ciftci having been out the starting line-up.

Edit: I suppose Tanner was ruled out for the season after the Accies game too.

29 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Yup.

No injuries, a few fringe players got a run out, yet another clean sheet and we didn’t lose.

I mean it sounded horrific for those that were there but job done I suppose.

That's pretty much my take tbqh.

16th clean sheet and we were able to give Barry Maguire a debut, not to mention a result that leave us 8 points clear of 9th. I've no doubt Robinson would have taken that beforehand, especially after the Aberdeen result through the week..

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Foster booked for his first tackle :lol:

Kipre and Bigiramama have eight free kick against them for a variety of fouls and not had one

Grimshaw miscontrols, lunges in, free kick no yellow. 

The St Johnstone bookings were both for tugging their player back which is a yellow card every time regardless of other challenges or fouls.  Persistent fouling yellows appear to be more arbitrary and depend on the referees take on things.

19 minutes ago, ropy said:

The St Johnstone bookings were both for tugging their player back which is a yellow card every time regardless of other challenges or fouls.  Persistent fouling yellows appear to be more arbitrary and depend on the referees take on things.

Nice to see he enforced the rules right on us. Williams plays a quick ball and gets crunched from both sides, and all that warrants is a quick talk. Collums an inconsistent f**k who just flat out ignores bookings if he can't be arsed getting the card out his pocket. 

17 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

How did Maguire and Bigi get on?

Maguire did well, he didn’t command every situation but didn’t look out of place.  He had one spell as a rampaging winger.

Bigi was on set pieces, the quality of which were 50/50, he had a few good passes but got caught out a few times also.

Grimshaw showed lots of energy but no end product, he seemed to suffer most with the bobbly pitch.

On balance I would see Bigi in the team next week but perhaps Rose will make a late bid.

Foster booked for his first tackle :lol:
Kipre and Bigiramama have eight free kick against them for a variety of fouls and not had one

Kipré was booked about 15 mins ago...

Bennettguy.

1 minute ago, mjw said:

Bennettguy.

I'm sure his booking was after Williams had been smashed, as Id spent the time venting at the linesman while things were happening downfield.

FWIW I think thats both clubs officially safe from automatic relegation. 12/13 clear of County/Thistle with only 15 left to play for, due to them having a game against each other, its impossible for both to finish above us.

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm sure his booking was after Williams had been smashed, as Id spent the time venting at the linesman while things were happening downfield.

Yes, ref played advantage as St Johnstone were on the attack then Kipre took his man down outside the box, yellow card.

Just now, ropy said:

Yes, ref played advantage as St Johnstone were on the attack then Kipre took his man down outside the box, yellow card.

Aye I was seething in the opposite direction at that point then.

Archived