St Johnstone v Motherwell 7/4/18

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, tree house tam said:

This ageing squad thing is complete pish by the way. We probably use 5 or 6 players over 30, that's in a squad of 20 odd players ffs.

My mistake, this will definitely be the spine of St Johnstone's team for years to come.

Anderson
Mannus
MacLean
Davidson
Craig
Foster
Easton
Millar

6 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

My mistake, this will definitely be the spine of St Johnstone's team for years to come.

Anderson
Mannus
MacLean
Davidson
Craig
Foster
Easton
Millar

Foster and Easton haven't played much this season. Davidson? :lol:  barring serious injury he has 5 more years at this level. 

7 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Anderson
Mannus
MacLean
Davidson
Craig
Foster
Easton
Millar

Only Anderson, Mannus and Davidson are close to being first choice in their position now. And we've got replacements for two of those already. 

Murray Davidson has literally just turned thirty fwiw. 

Based on what we've seen from TW, our core will be Clark, Shaughnessy, Kerr, Scougall, Wotherspoon and Kane. 

We've also seen regular appearances in the squad, and starts for Tanser (23), Gordon (22), McLean (19), Johnstone (23), and Hendry (20). 

That's ignoring George Williams who's on loan and we're trying to sign permanently, he's 22.

We could easily start with a team of Clark, Comrie, Shaughnessy, Kerr, Gordon, Tanser, Davidson, Wotherspoon, Scougall, Williams, Kane next season. That's one over thirty, and only three over 25.

Its to TW credit he's building the next squad considering he gets absolute pennies to do it with.  

Also please don't quote that table one of those thickoid stats pages on twitter posted three months ago, claiming the average age of player weve used this season is 34 or something equally daft. 

48 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Also please don't quote that table one of those thickoid stats pages on twitter posted three months ago, claiming the average age of player weve used this season is 34 or something equally daft. 

In fairness if you believe transfermarkt Saints have the highest average aged squad in the league. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Lest we forget Motherwell are a side who last season had Samson, Hammell, McManus, Pearson, McDonald and Lasley as part of their first team so it'd be pretty brazen on our part to be talking to anyone about ageing sides.

The table below at least puts paid to the daft claim Dundee fans were trying to sell that they have the youngest squad in the world or whatever it was.

5ac882bb85b24_ScreenShot2018-04-07at09_34_35.png.6bf83b0162a76271bfd297c763e0e4ac.png

FWIW: apparently for Saints last 5 league fixtures the average ages of the starting XIs have been 28.2, 28.0, 29.2, 29.1 and 26.6.

Our "average age" will always be heavily influenced by Mannus and MacLean, who are both 35.

I've always found it utterly bemusing this disregard folk have for any player over 27. Dundee fans were getting themselves into a lather because one matchday squad had an average under 25, as if it meant anything. 

Fwiw we've been an "ageing declining squad" for what feels like the best part of a decade. We go through slumps in form and it's because everyone's old and they were shit to start with so it's just evening out, Motherwell go through a slump and it's because they played Celtic a couple of times in a row. It gets boring as f**k to read the same digs at Saints constantly and it no wonder the fans are now ultra defensive about it, been the same for years. 

Might be missing this, how long does it take to change a wheel caliper and abs sensor Random? Either side of the car, just to make things awkward. 

Takes about five minutes actual work but you’ll be charged at least two hours labour, 300% markup on the parts and it’ll sit in the garage most of the day while they dick about in the back.

Just now, Jamie_Beatson said:

Takes about five minutes actual work but you’ll be charged at least two hours labour, 300% markup on the parts and it’ll sit in the garage most of the day while they dick about in the back.

I'm doing it myself :lol:, parts already bought at a discounted rate. I've seen loads of mechanics and if they stupid c***s can do it, so can I. What could possibly go wrong?

12 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Might be missing this, how long does it take to change a wheel caliper and abs sensor Random? Either side of the car, just to make things awkward. 

What type of car is it? Brake caliper takes fifteen odd minutes, abs sensor is just your luck if it comes out the hub easy or not 

10 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Are you the journalist? 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

What type of car is it? Brake caliper takes fifteen odd minutes, abs sensor is just your luck if it comes out the hub easy or not 

BMW. Think I'm just going to do the caliper and make the football. Wheel speed sensor I can drive with and do at a later date.

Fair number of changes. Bigi & Grimshaw in. Barry Maguire starts.

Andy Rose on the bench is a surprise.

Motherwell: Carson, Tait, Grimshaw, Bigirimana, McHugh, Main, Frear, Bowman, Aldred, Kipre, Maguire

Motherwell subs: Griffiths, Hendrie, Cadden, Rose, Petravicius, Newell, MacLean

On 06/04/2018 at 10:32, Kyle said:

I'd be tempted to go;

Mannus

Kerr Shaughnessy Anderson

Foster Davidson Millar/Craig Tanser

Williams

Maclean Kane

Almost spot-on, with the exception of Wotherspoon instead of Millar/Craig. Quite happy overall.

Archived