Complete SPFL Prize Money List

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, but we've won far more games. In a league that's 3 points for a win that's what's actually important, not scraping a few draws. That's why we are sauntering to the title whilst Falkirk scramble about with the also rans. Your bunch from a few years ago would never have been able to match us, the bottle would have long gone and you'd be looking forward to your inevitable humbling in the playoffs. At least you are spared that humiliation this year, so look on the bright side!

I guess we should expect to see you challenging for European places next season on this basis as Hibs are not far short of that this season and St Mirren are obviously a better side from your description.

3 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

You live in London ? How many games have you attended? Is it not more to do with your team just having a terrible season. Keep reading what a poor league it is mostly from Dunfermilne and Falkirk fans who's teams have under performancd. Dundee United should have walked the league on their budget. 

I go every week mate. Ive followed falkirk for 40 years mostly in this league and the standard this season is very poor. We're crap and yet still have a sniff at the playoffs. That sums it up. Why are saints fans bothered anyway. Idve taken promotion this season nae bother no matter what the standard is.

1 hour ago, Glenconner said:

Always wonder how those part time diddy clubs in the bottom league with a few hundred supporters stayed afloat, now we know.

As opposed to your team who got the largest slice of the pie, regular European money and still died. 

Gutted for you.

1502716626880.jpg.cbaca9977e9c219de764bcdd764e1466.jpg

3 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

This.

Many pundits go on about a divide between the top and championship, and while I'd contend that on the field that waxes and wanes over the seasons, the one constant is that it's totally stacked against promotion and propping up those relegated; from the way the playoff completely favours the team in 11th to the TV deal that ignores the lower leagues and denies them extra revenue and that's before you add in the parachute payments.

Is there even a case for those payments now? Weren't they a throwback to the days of Setanta and the SPL?

As far as I know, there is no extra revenue for being on TV (and anyway, several Championship games have been televised on BT Sport this season).

Just now, craigkillie said:

As far as I know, there is no extra revenue for being on TV (and anyway, several Championship games have been televised on BT Sport this season).

In the sense that a proper deal, a la every other f*cking country, might include the lower leagues and in turn be worth a little more.

I get why BT/Sky only pay what they do, it's because they know the SPL/SPFL were/are a complete soft touch who will give in at the very first round of negotiations. The very fact they were willing to not take up the option of highlights unless both OF clubs were present in the league shows that those who pay for Sky and BT are screwing over their own club, albeit slightly indirectly.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

As opposed to your team who got the largest slice of the pie, regular Eurooean money and still died. 

Gutted for you.

1502716626880.jpg.cbaca9977e9c219de764bcdd764e1466.jpg

That's a bit unfair, brother. I only became a follower of The Rangers after visiting about a 100 Junior away grounds and learned the words to The Penny Aracade which was played in about 96 of the social clubs. 

13 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

What a load of pish. Your sauntering to the title because rangers hibs and hearts are no longer in the league . You couldnae even beat the team scrambling about with the also rans the last time we met. As i  said before youd only have been good enough for 4th  2 seasons ago. We were  a team of bottle merchants that beat sevco twice and only lost to hibs once in 6 games.

No we are sauntering to the title because we are much, much better than everyone else, including Falkirk. I'm sorry if that makes you sad, but league tables don't lie and we are on a different level from everyone else. Don't get me wrong, I wholeheartedly agree that Falkirk are shite, that's why they are languishing in 8th, 29 points behind us and 17 points behind our nearest "challenger".

2 minutes ago, GAD said:

No we are sauntering to the title because we are much, much better than everyone else, including Falkirk. I'm sorry if that makes you sad, but league tables don't lie and we are on a different level from everyone else. Don't get me wrong, I wholeheartedly agree that Falkirk are shite, that's why they are languishing in 8th, 29 points behind us and 17 points behind our nearest "challenger".

That doesnt escape from the fact the the standard is still pish which is what we were debating. Saints are the best side by far but still not a great side. I'll be very surprised if they perform the same as hibs and sevco next season but only time will tell.

20 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Always wonder how those part time diddy clubs in the bottom league with a few hundred supporters stayed afloat, now we know.

It's more than some bigger clubs managed anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

That doesnt escape from the fact the the standard is still pish which is what we were debating. Saints are the best side by far but still not a great side. I'll be very surprised if they perform the same as hibs and sevco next season but only time will tell.

Yeah, but you can't lump Saints in with the dross as we've proven to be considerably better. League should be more competitive next season without us, but the standard will be way lower. We've dragged the average right up.

8 minutes ago, GAD said:

No we are sauntering to the title because we are much, much better than everyone else, including Falkirk. I'm sorry if that makes you sad, but league tables don't lie and we are on a different level from everyone else. Don't get me wrong, I wholeheartedly agree that Falkirk are shite bad, that's why they are languishing in 8th, 29 points behind us and 17 points behind our nearest "challenger".

I have been following Falkirk since 1978 and most of the seasons have been in the equivalent of this league. Its only an opinion but my opinion is that this year the quality has been really poor. St Mirren have done well and deserve to be champions and play goid to watch football, Livingston have done very well albeit are awful to watch and Dunfermline and Morton should be happy if they make the playoffs. The rest have had poor seasons.

As I said its only my opinion that its been really poor but the proof will be next season. St Mirren have won the league by miles similar to Hearts, Sevco and Hibs. Hearts, Sevco and Hibs all acquitted themselves well once promoted and finished top 4 in their first season up. If St Mirren do the same I will happily eat my words. If they dont well its clear this season has been a poorer standard than I have previously seen.

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Its only an opinion but my opinion is that this year the quality has been really poor. St Mirren have done well and deserve to be champions and play goid to watch football, Livingston have done very well albeit are awful to watch and Dunfermline and Morton should be happy if they make the playoffs. The rest have had poor seasons.

Let's expand this, did you expect Brechin to end up anywhere but 10th (listen fair play to you hedge lot but squeaking through via the playoffs and limited finances hampered your Championship desires). So, if we add Brechin in to St Mirren, Livi, Dunfermline and Morton (your choices, btw) and that means that only 50% of the teams have been poor.

I am not sure just 50% of the teams having a poor season somehow equates to the quality being "really poor".

As you say, it's all opinions.

9 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Let's expand this, did you expect Brechin to end up anywhere but 10th (listen fair play to you hedge lot but squeaking through via the playoffs and limited finances hampered your Championship desires). So, if we add Brechin in to St Mirren, Livi, Dunfermline and Morton (your choices, btw) and that means that only 50% of the teams have been poor.

I am not sure just 50% of the teams having a poor season somehow equates to the quality being "really poor".

As you say, it's all opinions.

I think its been poor and would defo not add Brechin to any stat that argues the league has been of a high standard.

27 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think its been poor and would defo not add Brechin to any stat that argues the league has been of a high standard.

Personally I think it's been of average standard compared to other seasons when "the big 3" weren't involved.

Personally I think it's been of average standard compared to other seasons when "the big 3" weren't involved.

Agree with this. Made worse for me by how poor Falkirk have been this season. Brechin, Dumbarton, ICT, Dundee U and ourselves have all underperformed though.
St Mirren have been good but probably not as good as the last three automatically promoted sides. Should be good enough to stay up for a few seasons imo but will be pushing above their weight to be top six.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Agree with this. Made worse for me by how poor Falkirk have been this season. Brechin, Dumbarton, ICT, Dundee U and ourselves have all underperformed though.
St Mirren have been good but probably not as good as the last three automatically promoted sides. Should be good enough to stay up for a few seasons imo but will be pushing above their weight to be top six.

We've been consistent where others haven't been is probably the main trait for this season.

As for when we go up? I have no naivety, we are very much a championship side - certainly physically.

15 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

Is this paid out over a season or a lump sum

The base value is more or less paid out over the season. The positional increments are paid out at the end over the next few months. So the team in 10th in each division doesn't have much more to get at the end of the season and the team at the top has a lot to get. Mostly at the end of May but the balance is paid up in monthly increments over the summer.

Archived