Complete SPFL Prize Money List

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yet your saltiness always remained apparent.

My saltiness? I've commented before that St Mirren are very worthy title winners, I've no ill to bear against St Mirren so if it's not ourselves, and it's not Falkirk it doesn't really effect me either way.  However it is a pretty dreadful standard of league, outwith yourselves the only team who would say they're happy is probably Livingston. 

I don't see why it would bother St Mirren fans so much, as mentioned previously the Dunfermline team that won this tier weren't particularly great and it was a poor standard that year, did it matter to Pars fans? Not a f**k. 

52 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Not really. You will be looking at ourselves, Alloa, Arbroath or Raith.

With Raith being full time you would expect them to be better but given the way they went down like a led balloon last year there's no guarantee. Alloa or Arbroath are a lottery, they could end up being far worse, potentially slightly better. Obviously if it's ourselves then we could produce a similar standard as the 2nd half of this season.

FWIW I'm not remotely convinced we have a chance unless we get our best players fit and start scoring before the playoffs. Although we did comfortably beat Raith in the cup earlier this season.

I'm going of the presumption that if you do stay up you'll go back to trying to score goals again xox

43 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Just for reference it's been 202 days since Dunfermline last beat us. I only mention that, not for my benefit, but to highlight the level of pain their fans are going through and not to judge their pettiness too harshly.

Reveal hidden contents

Also this..

B5BSVqH.png

Why would not beating St Mirren give any Pars fan any pain? I don't know of a single one who genuinely expected to challenge for the title, not beating St Mirren isn't going to be a concern to anyone in this league bar Morton and Dundee Utd. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

My saltiness? I've commented before that St Mirren are very worthy title winners, I've no ill to bear against St Mirren so if it's not ourselves, and it's not Falkirk it doesn't really effect me either way.  However it is a pretty dreadful standard of league, outwith yourselves the only team who would say they're happy is probably Livingston. 

I haven't actually been keeping track of your relative saltiness, it was just a throwaway comment, TBH.  :P

As for the bit in bold, I think it generally follows that happiness recedes the further down the table you go. 

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Why would not beating St Mirren give any Pars fan any pain?

I honestly don't know, yet here we are with you hurting like a person who has stepped on a lego piece in the middle of the night.

It's also not the first time you've ridden the salty train either.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

I haven't actually been keeping track of your relative saltiness, it was just a throwaway comment, TBH.  :P

Oh, he is. As I say, not sure why. Perhaps it's a natural coping mechanism when he found out he was supporting the wrong black and white stripes.

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

Sarcasm I trust.

Eh? Even the most ardent fan boy such as yourself must concede that at the very least Dunfermline (and possibly Livi) are a better side than St Mirren? 

There has to be a fairer way of determining this as it’s clear the current system is a shambles. 

Eh? Even the most ardent fan boy such as yourself must concede that at the very least Dunfermline (and possibly Livi) are a better side than St Mirren? 
There has to be a fairer way of determining this as it’s clear the current system is a shambles. 

I guess Falkirk are a better side than the Pars.
It’s just not obvious from the table.
Needs a rethink.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

I guess Falkirk are a better side than the Pars.
It’s just not obvious from the table.
Needs a rethink.

Nah. Falkirk are fucking shite but not quite as bad the current system claims.

Below is the teams ranked correctly.

1. Dunfermline

2. Livingston 

3. St Mirren

4. Morton

5. ICT

6. Dundee Utd

7. Falkirk

8. QOTS

9. Dumbarton 

10. Brechin

1 minute ago, Jimmy85 said:

1. Dunfermline

2. Livingston 

3. St Mirren

4. Morton

5. ICT

6. Dundee Utd

7. Falkirk

8. QOTS

9. Dumbarton 

10. Brechin

Livingston are better than Dunfermline, and Dumbarton are better than Falkirk, but apart from that, agreed.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

1. Dunfermline

2. Livingston 

3. St Mirren

4. Morton

5. ICT

6. Dundee Utd

7. Falkirk

8. QOTS

9. Dumbarton 

10. Brechin

gAnWiZU.gif

1 hour ago, GAD said:

Our team right now is much better than those Falkirk teams, they were complete bottle merchants.

Yeah right. We lost less games than u lot have in the entire season in a league containing rangers and hibs. I'd fancy saints wouldve struggled to get through the playoffs this season but fortunately they dont have to bother  about that as theirs no rangers,hearts or hibs. Saints are the best team this season and thoroughly deserve promotion but the standard of league as a whole is piss poor.

7 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

£1m for failure.

Image result for old woman head shake gif

You know what is even more annoying is that they get repeatedly paid for failure with continued parachute payments. If there ever was a symbol of how the league is totally stacked in favour of a few select clubs that is it.

3 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

You know what is even more annoying is that they get repeatedly paid for failure with continued parachute payments. If there ever was a symbol of how the league is totally stacked in favour of a few select clubs that is it.

It is shocking the money they get for being pish. Theyd have been better putting those payments into the pot for top 4 in the champ. Whats even worse its the poor champ teams that fund the team in 11ths para payment if they get relegated through the playoff attendances. Your basically funding their budget for next season.

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yeah right. We lost less games than u lot have in the entire season. A league containing rangers and hibs. I'd fancy saints to struggle to get through the playoffs this season too . You were pretty average at tfs earlier in the season against the worst falkirk side for many a year. Saints are the best team this season and thoroughly deserve promotion but the standard of league as a whole is piss poor.

Yeah, but we've won far more games. In a league that's 3 points for a win that's what's actually important, not scraping a few draws. That's why we are sauntering to the title whilst Falkirk scramble about with the also rans. Your bunch from a few years ago would never have been able to match us, the bottle would have long gone and you'd be looking forward to your inevitable humbling in the playoffs. At least you are spared that humiliation this year, so look on the bright side!

11 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

It is shocking the money they get for being pish. Theyd have been better putting those payments into the pot for top 4 in the champ. Whats even worse its the poor champ teams that fund the team in 11ths para payment if they get relegated through the playoff attendances. Your basically funding their budget for next season.

This.

Many pundits go on about a divide between the top and championship, and while I'd contend that on the field that waxes and wanes over the seasons, the one constant is that it's totally stacked against promotion and propping up those relegated; from the way the playoff completely favours the team in 11th to the TV deal that ignores the lower leagues and denies them extra revenue and that's before you add in the parachute payments.

Is there even a case for those payments now? Weren't they a throwback to the days of Setanta and the SPL?

1 minute ago, GAD said:

Yeah, but we've won far more games. In a league that's 3 points for a win that's what's actually important, not scraping a few draws. That's why we are sauntering to the title whilst Falkirk scramble about with the also rans. Your bunch from a few years ago would never have been able to match us, the bottle would have long gone and you'd be looking forward to your inevitable humbling in the playoffs. At least you are spared that humiliation this year, so look on the bright side!

What a load of pish. Your sauntering to the title because rangers hibs and hearts are no longer in the league . You couldnae even beat the team scrambling about with the also rans the last time we met. As i  said before youd only have been good enough for 4th  2 seasons ago. We were  a team of bottle merchants that beat sevco twice and only lost to hibs once in 6 games.

14 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Surely the standard cant get any worse next season? United must get their act together eventually, the team that comes down cant be as bad as ict and we should be a different prospect altogether. I reckon next season will be a lot tougher.

You live in London ? How many games have you attended? Is it not more to do with your team just having a terrible season. Keep reading what a poor league it is mostly from Dunfermilne and Falkirk fans who's teams have under performancd. Dundee United should have walked the league on their budget. 

Archived