Dumbarton v Dundee United

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Horrendous. What needs to happen to Tam Scobbie and Harry Lewis...

tumblr_inline_ovogsfA5mT1rw9f9h_500.gif.d5b32fbcaea323f066a2addd12f59abc.gif

They'd probably miss the acid bath when they fell. What an embarrassing goal. Also, on top if that for the first goal, wtf is Smith doing? Lets the Dumbarton player have so much space and time to cross it. Not the biggest culprit but fucking hell, try and make it difficult at least.

Our defence is awful. Disorganised and do not know how to play as a unit. With a shite, purely right footed centre midfielder whos "now a right back" but playing at left back that cant jump. Im no Robson fan either btw but Laszlo has had time to find a scarecrow somewhere that could have done a better job. Tam Scobie, who has forgotten how to play football, is painful to watch, I thought hed be a great signing for us. And good old Harry Lewis. A goalkeeper who can be so poor at almost everything at times its amazing. 

If Mohsni is daft enough to stay next season, and i hope so, id get another big b*****d to play next to him that can do nothing but defend. A machine. Like Darren Dods was for us. We need more physical strength and organisation. Two fullbacks that can stop crosses and make a tackle on occasion would be nice too. 

But mostly, a new manager would make the biggest difference.

18 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Big shout out to our maligned players today - all of whom stepped up, and most of whom had their best games in a Sons shirt. Scott Gallacher, Liam Dick, Calum Gallagher and, probably above all else, David Wilson.

Scott Gallacher made two really important saves just before half-time. Concede there and the momentum would've all been with United. Sure he has the odd howler, but he's a solid 'keeper imo. More Stephen Grindlay than Alan Martin in terms of technique and attributes, but effective and probably better than he's given credit for.

Liam Dick (weirdly) looked a million times better at RB than he did at left-back. He put in a few belting inswinging crosses, and chucked himself in front of everything. Sure his positioning was a bit suspect at times, but that shouldn't detract from a really brave, solid performance. 

Calum Gallagher lead the line well - especially given a lot of the service was very direct. His goal was scrappy, but it was about time we had someone in those sort of areas to squeeze the ball home. He worked himself into the ground, must've covered more of the pitch than anyone else and showed a surprisingly good first touch. I didn't know he had that in him!

The real surprise star of today for me though was David Wilson. Even taking his two sumptuous crosses for Mango's goals out of the equation I thought he had a great game. His passing was quick, sharp and accurate. He looked good driving from deep, and in the second half sent Tom Walsh through on goal with one of the best passes I've seen from a Sons player this season. Even from up in the stand I have no idea how he found that gap!

He's a weird player. His game is really unbalanced; we know he has a great eye for a pass (see the ridiculous ball for Ally Roy's goal at Falkirk in August), and we know (now) that he delivers a mean corner, but his weaknesses have really prevented him playing almost all season. After that today I've kind of forgotten what those weaknesses are though. The biggest credit I can pay him is that he reminded me of Sam Stanton a few times - and everyone knows how highly I rated him.

Credit to Stevie too for a pretty bold change when it was 2-2. Normally he'd have brought Dill on for the injured Boomer - but he went for Burt, and it paid off. 

More of this exciting new attacking stuff on Tuesday night plz. I'm hooked on it now.

Can only agree with this and watched the highlights after reading your post. I hadn't fully appreciated the extent of Wilson's contribution. I'm pleased to see the opinion is changing on Scott Gallagher. His improvement, in no small way is a tribute to Jamie Ewings. No mention for Handling which is about right. He should have buried that early chance.

1 hour ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Why? Good grace and empathy. They are qualities severely lacking in football and they cost nothing.

33 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Can't be doing with that shite. f**k the DAB's. Thank you.

Q.E.D.

Some glowing reports about our Tam here. He was a perfectly capable top 6 level defender for years for us - less than a year at United and he's got Dumbarton fans laughing at him. The United effect I suppose.

Archived