Queens v Inverness

Pretty straightforward win for us yesterday. Well taken goals by Austin and Oakley (another Polworth assist - GIUY haters) really killed the game off by the half time. A couple of Dobbie efforts in the second half were about as close as QotS came to getting a goal. We still had good chances from Doran and Mackay to extend our lead. Small but vocal away support. It was a slog getting there from Edinburgh so fair play to those coming down from Inverness.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Caley support was the loudest I can recall this season. It probably didn't travel too well around the ground but sitting close by it was loud for the majority of the game. With any luck, Coll Donaldson will have left by the time you next visit!

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

The Caley support was the loudest I can recall this season. It probably didn't travel too well around the ground but sitting close by it was loud for the majority of the game. With any luck, Coll Donaldson will have left by the time you next visit!

Maybe the St Mirren fans in January. I was in the old stand then and they were singing and chanting start to finish.Caley fans did sound very loud however on highlights.

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

I was there. 8) Does the ground usually have a seagull problem?

The Chairman probably thinks they add atmosphere as the board,  and to be fair every Board before this,  seem to do little to solve the problem.  We even supply an ideal nesting position on the moss covered main stand roof.  We are trying to make their presence more positive however as the Manager  is hoping to train the gulls to intercept crosses into our penalty area. 

The Council boast they have halved the gull population in the town centre but they also concede that the gull population has increased in surrounding areas,  to places like Palmerston and the Ice Bowl. Shooting/poisoning the fuckers is unfortunately not allowed.  I'd be surprised if Inverness doesn't have a similar problem with these flying rats. 

Stewards at Queens were brand new. Helping older ICT fans to their seats, not being dickish about fans standing, having a good laugh with the away supporters just as it should be.

Shame there were no steak pies though.

19 hours ago, alternative maryhill said:

This is pretty accurate, tbh. I was surprised by how little Queens offered. They had some decent possession in the second half, but a couple of Dobbie shots from 20 yards were about all I can remember them offering as an attacking threat. We look half-decent against teams that allow us to pass the ball around in midfield, as Queens did yesterday, but we're likely to struggle against teams who have quick attacking players, or who press us hard, as none of Chalmers, Vigurs or Trafford has any real pace, and Trafford in particular doesn't have much composure in possession. We were very solid at the back yesterday, though, with Donaldson absolutely strolling it; Polworth was, as usual, our most dynamic and creative player going forward; Austin took his goal well and looked useful, although he's a bit bigger and a bit slower than I remember him seeming when he was at Falkirk; and Doran looked a class above when he came on, and if he's fully fit now, he should be getting more game time. 

Decent day out in Dumfries as always.      

Speaking of our complete lack of pace, any idea why Robertson has started Chalmers at left mid basically on the wing for two games in a row since Trafford had his best game at home to St Mirren. 

12 hours ago, RiG said:

Pretty straightforward win for us yesterday. Well taken goals by Austin and Oakley (another Polworth assist - GIUY haters) really killed the game off by the half time. A couple of Dobbie efforts in the second half were about as close as QotS came to getting a goal. We still had good chances from Doran and Mackay to extend our lead. Small but vocal away support. It was a slog getting there from Edinburgh so fair play to those coming down from Inverness.

The brief chanting of Liam Polworth he's one of our own brought a tear to my eye, considering the flak he takes. 

Archived