Queens v Inverness

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just listened to the managers interview .Basically we played better in the second half,(after the shite in the first this isn't a shock )when we went with TWO UP FRONT.The man's a genius.

Players will be judged on what they have done over the season,not the last few games (that's a huge clear out then) .

Is presume  the Dougie he was on about wasn't the dug .

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

End of January against Brechin though that's nothing worth bragging about.

Yes, of course, thank heaven for Brechin and two wins at Palmerston.

Just listened to the managers interview .Basically we played better in the second half,(after the shite in the first this isn't a shock )when we went with TWO UP FRONT.The man's a genius.
Players will be judged on what they have done over the season,not the last few games (that's a huge clear out then) .
Is presume  the Dougie he was on about wasn't the dug .

If I was Dougie (the dug) I would’ve been in there blasting them!

8 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Only highlights  I know but we look really awful in that.

Just thinking that after I watched it. Very poor from us and the body language of the caley players suggest they were at ease and not really under much pressure. Another poor home result. 

7 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

the body language of the caley players suggest they were at ease and not really under much pressure. 

This is pretty accurate, tbh. I was surprised by how little Queens offered. They had some decent possession in the second half, but a couple of Dobbie shots from 20 yards were about all I can remember them offering as an attacking threat. We look half-decent against teams that allow us to pass the ball around in midfield, as Queens did yesterday, but we're likely to struggle against teams who have quick attacking players, or who press us hard, as none of Chalmers, Vigurs or Trafford has any real pace, and Trafford in particular doesn't have much composure in possession. We were very solid at the back yesterday, though, with Donaldson absolutely strolling it; Polworth was, as usual, our most dynamic and creative player going forward; Austin took his goal well and looked useful, although he's a bit bigger and a bit slower than I remember him seeming when he was at Falkirk; and Doran looked a class above when he came on, and if he's fully fit now, he should be getting more game time. 

Decent day out in Dumfries as always.      

Naysmith again saying in the press reports that we were slow to get into the game and much better in the second half.  Could it just be coincidence that we took off an ineffectual midfield player at the break,  replaced him with someone with a bit of pace and ariel threat playing further forward,  pushed players further up the park to close down the Inverness back line,  and put on another striker in the second half also.  Not for the first time this season we have looked better in the second half of games because we adopt a more attacking attitude,  usually because we are trying to get back into a game that we are well out of.  It's a pity we have to be chasing games before the Manager decides to be more positive.  

Guest Flash
12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

End of January against Brechin though that's nothing worth bragging about.

That is our only home win in the last 12 league games. 9 points out of 36.

The performance yesterday, particularly in the first half and particularly in defence, was embarrassing.

Just watched the manager's interview on the official site and I actually feel sorry for him. So there's 2 things at least he needs to sort out for next season,  are the existing players in defence good enough for Championship level OR have the existing players lost all interest in playing for him? 

12 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Just watched the manager's interview on the official site and I actually feel sorry for him. So there's 2 things at least he needs to sort out for next season,  are the existing players in defence good enough for Championship level OR have the existing players lost all interest in playing for him? 

The defence isn’t good enough.

2 hours ago, alternative maryhill said:

This is pretty accurate, tbh. I was surprised by how little Queens offered. They had some decent possession in the second half, but a couple of Dobbie shots from 20 yards were about all I can remember them offering as an attacking threat. We look half-decent against teams that allow us to pass the ball around in midfield, as Queens did yesterday, but we're likely to struggle against teams who have quick attacking players, or who press us hard, as none of Chalmers, Vigurs or Trafford has any real pace, and Trafford in particular doesn't have much composure in possession. We were very solid at the back yesterday, though, with Donaldson absolutely strolling it; Polworth was, as usual, our most dynamic and creative player going forward; Austin took his goal well and looked useful, although he's a bit bigger and a bit slower than I remember him seeming when he was at Falkirk; and Doran looked a class above when he came on, and if he's fully fit now, he should be getting more game time. 

Decent day out in Dumfries as always.      

He was good.  You should probably come up with a song in his honour...

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Naysmith again saying in the press reports that we were slow to get into the game and much better in the second half.  Could it just be coincidence that we took off an ineffectual midfield player at the break,  replaced him with someone with a bit of pace and ariel threat playing further forward,  pushed players further up the park to close down the Inverness back line,  and put on another striker in the second half also.  Not for the first time this season we have looked better in the second half of games because we adopt a more attacking attitude,  usually because we are trying to get back into a game that we are well out of.  It's a pity we have to be chasing games before the Manager decides to be more positive.  

Wasn't there yesterday but that is spot on for all the games I have been at and indeed for most of the season.

14 hours ago, Hawk said:

And so another season ends. WTF was that first half performance all about Naysmith and will any supporters turn up for the final home league game against Utd?

Absolutely nothing to play for but I hope all supporters will recognise the significance of 21st April game.

The opportunity to pay tribute to the legend that is Derek Lyle  and what will be his last appearance for us at Palmerston.

It's a real shame that his finale is taking place amidst a dreadful home run - and season -  but I hope many can put that to the side and come along and create a bit of atmosphere for his farewell.

Of course this is dependent on him being selected but as there is no other purpose or meaning to this game whoever is in charge - if they can't work it out for themselves - should be instructed to start  Del and take him off with about 5/10 mins to go to receive the applause he so richly deserves for his outstanding contribution to Queen of the South Football Club over many years.

I am sure every fan would want this to happen and boy, do we deserve something to stir some positive emotion within us at this difficult time

So, 4-4-2 with Dobbie and Lyle up front and hopefully a goal or two for the man himself.

27 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Absolutely nothing to play for but I hope all supporters will recognise the significance of 21st April game.

The opportunity to pay tribute to the legend that is Derek Lyle  and what will be his last appearance for us at Palmerston.

So, 4-4-2 with Dobbie and Lyle up front and hopefully a goal or two for the man himself.

Its a home game so one up front , and who can hit a seagull first .

8 minutes ago, weeredbook said:

Its a home game so one up front , and who can hit a seagull first .

If I was interviewing a new manager the first question would be what is your preferred formation. Anything ending in one would get the reply “thank you, next.”

The defence isn’t good enough.

The defence isn't up to it if they are unable to improve even slightly at crosses. For this reason I have a tiny bit of sympathy towards Naysmith. But then he brought in the majority of our defence so he rightly takes the flack for it. He is also the one who continues to line us up with a system that quite clearly doesn't work for us.

And if you're reading Gary. No not half of our 52 goals conceded were from set plays:-

18 crosses

5 corners

3 crosses from a FK

3 direct FK

3 PK

So if we include PK we've conceded 14 from set plays.

26 from crosses though. It's pretty clear what the problem is.

It's a real shame that his finale is taking place amidst a dreadful home run - and season -  but I hope many can put that to the side and come along and create a bit of atmosphere for his farewell.
Of course this is dependent on him being selected but as there is no other purpose or meaning to this game whoever is in charge - if they can't work it out for themselves - should be instructed to start  Del and take him off with about 5/10 mins to go to receive the applause he so richly deserves for his outstanding contribution to Queen of the South Football Club over many years.
I am sure every fan would want this to happen and boy, do we deserve something to stir some positive emotion within us at this difficult time

Completely agree. I expect Lyle will feature at some point. I wouldn't mind if he even started on the bench as he could get his ovation when coming onto the park. That and the fact we might be able to do some damage ([emoji38]) to Utd's play-off hopes means I'll definitely be attending.

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

And if you're reading Gary. No not half of our 52 goals conceded were from set plays:-

26 from crosses though. It's pretty clear what the problem is.

So half from crosses. He must have read your stats before, got mixed up, then regurgitated them like they were his own.

Archived