Hoppy vrs Duffy - Sat 7th April

Hmmm, I see vt has rid-dotted my earlier post - obviously he's one of the less sensible daft boys I was referring to.

I notice, vt, that you haven't responded to my invitation on the last Morton-Livi match thread to acknowledge how good a job Hopkin is doing as a manager thus far. An oversight that you'll no doubt be happy to put right now.......

.......Won't you? 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Hmmm, I see vt has rid-dotted my earlier post - obviously he's one of the less sensible daft boys I was referring to.

I notice, vt, that you haven't responded to my invitation on the last Morton-Livi match thread to acknowledge how good a job Hopkin is doing as a manager thus far. An oversight that you'll no doubt be happy to put right now.......

.......Won't you? 

Tl;dr

Red dotted your post anyway though.

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Loving the St Mirren v Morton thread.. wait a minute

Yeah nobody cares about your club tbh, jog on. 

After results went against us in midweek we need to at least gain ground on Dunfermline tomorrow; lose any further ground and it's probably curtains for our playoff chances. You'd assume Livingston will be better than their mediocre display in the first meeting there but I reckon we'll still grab the win tomorrow. At least without another ridiculous 92nd minute substitute from the slaphead.

Morton club site indicates all in the main stand.

While just ok for the midweek game surely Livi can muster +1,000 and give the away support a better view from the east stand, Ton section is not that big but I dare say we will have similar numbers to the last visit.

37 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

While just ok for the midweek game surely Livi can muster +1,000 and give the away support a better view from the east stand

Surprised no ones picked up on your weird assumption that we'll get +1,000 tbh. I don't think the view you'll get from the main stand will be much worse than usual, just in the opposite corner of the stadium, and (if I'm remembering right) 1 section over.

Quite surprised if away fans are in the main stand, understandable for Dumbarton/Bechin/ICT, but thought we'd be expecting a slightly bigger crowd than normal with how our season is going and Morton chasing the play offs too.

17 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Northbank aggro? Nobody in that picture could fight their way out of a wet paper bag :lol: 

What a stupid post. Our fans have got a reputation for good behaviour and being friendly. Can only imagine your are young immature with a lot of growing up to do.  Hope you come a long to our game to support your team play us and watch Morton players clap St Mirren football team on to the park. You will also get to experience first hand what its like to see a team lift a league title trophy with its fans celebrating. Don't forget any damage your fans do to our stadium will be charged back to Morton football club  just like it always is. Have never understood that side of a small section of your support the poor old woman in her 80's had a brick thrown through her window disgusting.  

8 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Surprised no ones picked up on your weird assumption that we'll get +1,000 tbh. I don't think the view you'll get from the main stand will be much worse than usual, just in the opposite corner of the stadium, and (if I'm remembering right) 1 section over.

Quite surprised if away fans are in the main stand, understandable for Dumbarton/Bechin/ICT, but thought we'd be expecting a slightly bigger crowd than normal with how our season is going and Morton chasing the play offs too.

I'd be very surprised if Morton fans were in the main stand; I haven't checked back but assume that at this stage of the season their travelling support would be in the region of 600. That's more than enough to justify opening the East stand and it always makes for a better atmosphere.

I know these things are usually based on input from the visiting club so maybe previous travelling support is less than I'd thought; I know last time these teams met the away support was tiny but it was a midweek game with sub zero temperature and the game was in doubt up until a couple of hours before kick-off; you cant base anything on that.

Being able to see the away support is the only way to go.

Archived