Hoppy vrs Duffy - Sat 7th April

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute must win IMO. The sooner we can get second sewn up, the better. I’m expecting a reaction from Morton, though, and the last game was certainly not a classic - any improvement on that, both in performance and result, would do me.

Think we need to be careful here and not get ahead of ourselves, we’ve got some tough games coming up, Morton, St mirren, Inverness and Dundee Utd 4 of our last 5. 

2nd place would be fantastic but I think we’d need 9 points from those games, this one, Brechin and maybe Inverness ? 

This is much more of a must win game for our opponents, having been in a great position just a few weeks ago they now find themselves outside the playoffs and similarly may need 9 points from their remaining games to secure a playoff place.

I didn’t think we played too bad last night, just one of those games nothing fell for us infront of goal, we’ve played worse this season and won so no need to panic imo. 

Think Miller will start having been rested last night, I wouldn’t mind seeing a bit more of Frizzell, he had some really nice touches last night and looks to take on his man whenever he had the ball but can see him starting on the bench again. 

Think Rafa will probably come back into the side as well after not playing last night. 

Alexander, Longridge, Lithgow, Gallagher, Halkett, De Vita, Byrne, Pittman, Keaghan, Miller, Hardie. 

I don't think anyone is getting ahead of themselves, Andy. More cautious that we have to pick up points if we want 2nd. 

Sure, we have a tough run of games but given we are in 2nd place and have 3 games at home, we have to have confidence in the team being able to pick up the required points. I agree that 9 will be enough, possibly less if Dundee United slip up.  3rd or 4th would not do the team justice, at this point.

I'd drop Longridge for this one and slot Frizzell in, also feel that if we don't start with Miller we won't win this.

Alexander
Lithgow Halkett Gallagher
Frizzell Jacobs Pittman Byrne De Vita
Hardie Miller

We need to look out for the wingers Morton have, caused us a lot of trouble in the last game and Harkins absolutely bossed it. Someone will need to get a hold of Harkins this game and bully him a bit.

To be honest, avoiding defeat here should be the biggest thing. As long as we delay those catching us we can probably grab second by grinding it out

7 minutes ago, Gert.T.Fock said:

It must be a lovely feeling for our Greenock chums to know that them winning will help us seal the title with 5 games to go.

Think we’re more concerned about what our own team is doing just now :) 

Just now, IainMorton said:

Think we’re more concerned about what our own team is doing just now :) 

I hope so! I've  stated previously I'd like Morton up with us via the play offs but I'll still enjoy our guard of honour on the 21st:thumsup2

26 minutes ago, Gert.T.Fock said:

It must be a lovely feeling for our Greenock chums to know that them winning will help us seal the title with 5 games to go.

Don't think that's going to be part of the team talk this Saturday.

With Livi giving it away at Dunfermline, we need a result.

I fear a win will be required to get us into the play-offs if Dunfermline get a result at Fawkirk.

Good to see Livi need a result as that's a tough finish.

16 hours ago, Gert.T.Fock said:

Don't think many bar a few daft boys are overly bothered by that, tbh.

I hope so! I've  stated previously I'd like Morton up with us via the play offs but I'll still enjoy our guard of honour on the 21st:thumsup2

Equally, nobody sensible gives much of a monkeys about a so-called "guard of honour". Its fifteen seconds or so before the game, then we get intae yis and retain our unbeaten record over you this season.

Or drawing! Dream scenario is we pump Brechin while Morton go into stoppage time leading 2-0, only to lose two late goals. Maximum agony all round. But not for us.

Any Championship team that has a game called off for an unplayable pitch should have points deducted, a punishment to be enforced retroactively as well. With the penalty doubled for having call-offs in spring like a Central League junior outfit. 

15 minutes ago, Afro said:

Yeah, some pretty heavy snowfall last night and was tipping down on Tuesday. Would be surprised if this is on, which would be a pain.

The Maureens will lose the plot if this game is off. At least 7 pages.

Archived