Falkirk vs Dunfermline - Sat 7th April

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we didn't deserve to win that poor decision making at key times in the match from longridge giving the ball away for their first to Harris not finding a free man near the end when through. terrible crossing throughout and strikers anonymous. how longridge got motm is beyond me if he gets another contract I'll be amazed especially with all the arguing with Hartley.

thought dunfermline weren't great but edged their win. summed u our season in 1 game.

6 minutes ago, Russ said:

Extremely harsh to put the blame for the goal on him.

Him and Sibbs are the only ones actively looking for the ball and trying to make something happen. Look at the break we had from their corner Louis carried the ball 50/60 yards and neither of the front 2 made a decent run to support.

Definitely not one of his better games for us but he seems to get far too much stick imo.

Nah....this King Louis stuff was embarrassing....he has a few decent games, wiped out the fact what he did today, he has been consistent in doing throughout. He has a talent in there and work rate but when he consistently cost goals for and against by choosing wrong option when we have a soft as shite mid to back that up, questions need to be asked on him and Hartley.

Pars won today's game by being on top of our midfield for a 30 min or so spell. Project Welsh can gtf whilst I'm at it.

Hartley's starting 11 cost us today, no width and the fact we improved when Harris came on shows how shite this league is and how Hartley failed

Will have to see the penalty award again - from the other end it looked like a superb goal saving tackle and I was just waiting for the corner coming in. Folk wanting M'voto sent off are surely having a laugh - I think the ref did fairly well today although both sides could have had another couple of bookings for cynical trips and shirt pulling. We were sitting far, far too deep almost as soon as we went 2 up but still had chances on the break. Agree with the above that it's two poor teams but then it's a poor league this season.

Will have to see the penalty award again - from the other end it looked like a superb goal saving tackle and I was just waiting for the corner coming in. Folk wanting M'voto sent off are surely having a laugh - I think the ref did fairly well today although both sides could have had another couple of bookings for cynical trips and shirt pulling. We were sitting far, far too deep almost as soon as we went 2 up but still had chances on the break. Agree with the above that it's two poor teams but then it's a poor league this season.
Umsure on Penalty myself but Mvoto ped woth an elbow and wasnt trying to get the ball at all. Clear as day from my angle

Falkirk fans are all talk. Their team are awful. However, I must congratulate them on being the first full time team, that Dunfermline have beaten away from home this season - in our second last away game as well!

I thought it was Mvoto's head that caught Nelson but he never looked like winning the ball.

Hartley got his team wrong, McGhee at right back didn't work and Welsh doesn't look fit. How far away is as far as f**k cos that's where Harris needs to be in relation to a Falkirk team.

We didn't start playing until 2 down but thought they were worthy of a 2 goal lead.

Will be interesting to see what our squad looks like next season as I think there will be a mass turnover of players.

Ref was awful but not as awful as us. If dunfermline hadnt had nicky clarke masquerading as a striker  up front we'd have been out the game before we got back in it. Pretty awful game of football all told. Thought mcmanus and the two centrebacks for dunfermline were excellent.  Their 3 rejects from us were all pretty poor and enforced the fact that their no good enough to get a team out this league. Still a lot of work to do in the summer to get us challenging.

As others has said, an outlet on the right that could at least run made a huge difference but Harris was predictably poor.

Welsh faded so badly and as I said before, that midfield was way too light.

Jak was much better in the secomd half and caused real problems.

Special mention to the stand side linesman in terms of brutally poor performance. The two handed shove he ignored in Jaks back as he tried to run away was unreal

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Ref was awful but not as awful as us. If dunfermline hadnt had nicky clarke masquerading as a striker  up front we'd have been out the game before we got back in it. Pretty awful game of football all told. Thought mcmanus and the two centrebacks for dunfermline were excellent.  Their 3 rejects from us were all pretty poor and enforced the fact that their no good enough to get a team out this league. Still a lot of work to do in the summer to get us challenging.

You’re only 8 points ahead of Dumbarton. Just you worry about your end of the table. 

Sibbald was class and I thought Welsh and Longridge did fine as well. Main difference in the teams was the quality at the back. They got in behind us often and we couldn't seem to turn them until very late on.

Got to say our keeper also had a great game, coming for crosses and distributing quickly. Robson and McGhee (who isn't a fullback let alone a wingback) were massive weaknesses in terms of final ball.

Got to say as much as Higginbotham got me foaming at the mouth raging, that was the sort of passion we missed today. Guys like Leahy, Vaulks and even John Baird would've got the crowd roaring for a few of those corners late on.

Better team won, unfortunately.

On 04/04/2018 at 20:40, Back Post Misses said:

Aird and Higginbotham, Falkirk’s sloppy seconds

:lol:

On 05/04/2018 at 13:10, Back Post Misses said:

Twice pre Christmas Dunfermline with their side that was “going great guns” in the media could not beat Houston’s Wage Thieves. They are now not as good as then (including one of the afore mentioned thieves) and they expect to roll into town and win comfortably.

Great logic

We rolled into town and pumped you because we’re a much better side. 

On 05/04/2018 at 15:12, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The Jak to absolutely demolish Dunfermline single handedly 

Who?

On 03/04/2018 at 22:38, roman_bairn said:

Look forward to another table update at 5pm on Saturday...

I’m sure that could be arranged. 

Archived