Berwick vs Stenny

Hard earned point but should have been all three if the penalty had gone in. Brennan was excellent in goal with Todd again dominant ahead of him. Notman lead a team lacking in confidence very well.

Stenny are utter gash, without Paton they'd be struggling. Ferry should have got a straight red for a shocking tackle on Notman. They will fail miserably in the playoffs and be involved at the wrong end of the table next season.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my days. How difficult is it to actually score a goal? Story of the season. Just not ruthless enough. In fact, not ruthless at all.

Berwick easily the worst side we’ve played this season. Penalty aside, they never threatened the goal, which makes the result even more galling.

Would be some bottle job if we didn't make the play offs but I am pretty sure we will. One draw against this fodder you can handle but not to win next week would be unforgivable.

Not wishing to be over critical but commentary precedes the action on too many occasions. "Saved by the goalkeeper" before Murrell has even struck the ball!
It seemed fine for some of it I noticed. Will look at fixing later

On 17/04/2018 at 23:24, beaver1 said:

Oh my days. How difficult is it to actually score a goal? Story of the season. Just not ruthless enough. In fact, not ruthless at all.

Berwick easily the worst side we’ve played this season. Penalty aside, they never threatened the goal, which makes the result even more galling.

Anybody any views about tomorrows game ?

Stenny win guarantees play-offs

We should be winning this. We were missing a striker last week who would 'throw' himself at the ball. With Colin McMenamin, hopefully, being available we should score some goals.

30 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:

We should be winning this. We were missing a striker last week who would 'throw' himself at the ball. With Colin McMenamin, hopefully, being available we should score some goals.

How did McMenamin do on Saturday, he was available and we scored how many?  He is not the answer to our problems Ferguson has to treat this game as do or die.  Go all out for the victory and forget about this coming Saturday - how many times have we had glorious failure.  We should have went for broke against Berwick last week and gave ourselves some breathing space but failed to do so.  If we do  not beat Berwick then I fear the worst against Stirling.  I have no doubt that Clyde will easily score 5 or 6 against Berwick if they still have a chnce of the play-offs.

The team needs a shake up but we have little left to make decent change.  One of Saturday's subs will not make the game so we will probably have 5 on the bench unless there are miracle recoveries.  From that 5 McMinn and Halleron will be bench warmers so we will only have  3 viable subs.  Forget about subbing a forward for a forward either if we need the win with 15 minutes to go top load the front line and go for it.

If you happen to do an interview with him ask what has happened to Sandy Cunningham and why he was signed in the first place?

Failure to reach the play-offs this season will be totally unacceptable

27 minutes ago, Moonglum25 said:

How did McMenamin do on Saturday, he was available and we scored how many?  He is not the answer to our problems Ferguson has to treat this game as do or die.  Go all out for the victory and forget about this coming Saturday - how many times have we had glorious failure.  We should have went for broke against Berwick last week and gave ourselves some breathing space but failed to do so.  If we do  not beat Berwick then I fear the worst against Stirling.  I have no doubt that Clyde will easily score 5 or 6 against Berwick if they still have a chnce of the play-offs.

I'm not too sure if you were at the game last week or watched the highlights but we had plenty of chances to score from crosses/ through balls but Longworth didn't chase. Colin would have scored them. 

2 hours ago, CEMSFC said:

I'm not too sure if you were at the game last week or watched the highlights but we had plenty of chances to score from crosses/ through balls but Longworth didn't chase. Colin would have scored them. 

Didn't realise you were talking about last weeks Berwick game.   Still not the answer - league appearances this season 10 starts and 19 appearances from the bench for the grand total of 4 league goals.  Last season 45 appearances for 11 goals which included 3 against Forres and 1 against Rangers under 20's  Longworth is virtually identical 15 starts and 15 appearances from the bench for the grand sum of 4 league goals.  Neither of them can be classed as prolific.  Either they are poor finishers or our style of play is wrong.

Archived