Albion v Loons

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would think/hope those are the three points that keep us safe (and clear of the playoffs too) now. Will hold back on my congratulations until officially safe though.
Great result and one of the few "crunch" games we've managed to win in recent years.

So wishing I could've made it down there today. Great result, very important three points etc etc but more importantly the last time we were relegated it was because we failed to win away to Albion Rovers at the same point in the season and we have been victims of last minute winners far too many times this season it's satisfying to be on the correct end.

Three games to go, currently three points required for safety. One win or three draws, preferably via a win next week or the week after as I'd hate to be chasing a point on the last day away to Airdrie.

Well done Forfar that should be enough to see you to safety- in all honesty it was a poor game but one that Rovers never looked like winning.

I'm afraid the managers gamble of playing has beens and weans has failed. 

Great 3 points, certainly not the best game I have ever watched! The result was the most important thing, fair play to Josh took his goal well

35 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

Well done Forfar that should be enough to see you to safety- in all honesty it was a poor game but one that Rovers never looked like winning.

I'm afraid the managers gamble of playing has beens and weans has failed. 

Good luck in the run in, it's not finished in the bottom though we have a cushion that should prove enough. You have a decent manager in Kerr and your assistant is well known to us and much loved (every chance he's a future Loons manager). Avoiding automatic relegation is still in your hands.

9 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Good luck in the run in, it's not finished in the bottom though we have a cushion that should prove enough. You have a decent manager in Kerr and your assistant is well known to us and much loved (every chance he's a future Loons manager). Avoiding automatic relegation is still in your hands.

To be honest I think we are destined for automatic relegation - definitely wouldn't fancy us in the play offs.

As for the management team I'm not so sure . The club wrongly in my opinion agreed to a fly on the wall film with the Daily Record which turned into a minor PR disaster with cliches like "Crumbling Cliftonhill" and admitting to not being able to wear our home kit due to no numbers on the back. It showed the half time rant by Kerr and Malcolm where one player was singled out which damaged their credibility. Of course factors outwith this have attributed to our current position.

As Vic says. I think today was my tenth attendance of this miserable campaign, in each match I've seen, we've had at least 4 players who, quite simply, haven't been up to the standard required. So relegation seems inevitable. Well done to those who've kept us in the higher division.

So wishing I could've made it down there today. Great result, very important three points etc etc but more importantly the last time we were relegated it was because we failed to win away to Albion Rovers at the same point in the season and we have been victims of last minute winners far too many times this season it's satisfying to be on the correct end.
Three games to go, currently three points required for safety. One win or three draws, preferably via a win next week or the week after as I'd hate to be chasing a point on the last day away to Airdrie.

With QP at Raith next Sat and Rovers finishing away at Ayr doubt we will need anything. Still like to get something home to Alloa which i think bar mathematics would be enough.

As Vic says. I think today was my tenth attendance of this miserable campaign, in each match I've seen, we've had at least 4 players who, quite simply, haven't been up to the standard required. So relegation seems inevitable. Well done to those who've kept us in the higher division.

12 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

All congratulations to the Loons on staying up. Awful game, but we got what we deserved.

No, you deserved a draw. Both teams were poor, hardly any shots on goal and no save worth mentioning from either keeper. Pleased of course that we won, but a lot of work to do over the summer.

1 hour ago, terracingtam said:

No, you deserved a draw. Both teams were poor, hardly any shots on goal and no save worth mentioning from either keeper. Pleased of course that we won, but a lot of work to do over the summer.

I would have said a scraped win was about right.  Far more threatening going forward.

We seemed to lose a fair bit of impetus when Matty went off.  Was he originally going to get subbed or did his silly booking get him pulled?  Munro was not too happy with him about that booking either.

Back 4 looked comfortable today, they never really got the collywobbles as the 0-0 game progressed to its conclusion, too frequently we've started to fall apart at that stage.

Dingwall was excellent again and Hilson rejoining the Loons has probably saved us from the drop to be honest.  He's been involved in a fair few goals these last few weeks.

Well done Forfar, almost over the line.

50 minutes ago, loon74 said:

He’s at cowden now

I'm guessing you're talking about Cox. But Hilton fills his shoes nicely. Gave our centre backs hell today.

in other news: someone please tell me that Stenhousemuir's scorer of two, today, isn't our former striker, Chris Dallas?

Just now, Bold Rover said:

I'm guessing you're talking about Cox. But Hilton fills his shoes nicely. Gave our centre backs hell today.

in other news: someone please tell me that Stenhousemuir's scorer of two, today, isn't our former striker, Chris Dallas?

Nah, he's talking about Bollan and his penchant for karaoke.  Re Cox, I really liked him but Hilson is way better.

I'm pretty certain he is referring to our former manager rather than the fans' favourite!

" fills his shoes" always reminds me of some unsavoury incident i can't recall at another club ?

Archived