82nd Masters Tournament

Davis Love III

Who will win the 82nd Masters Tournament?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 82nd Masters Tournament?

• Rory McIlroy
    • Dustin Johnson
    • Jordan Spieth
    • Tiger Woods
    • Justin Thomas
    • Bubba Watson
    • Justin Rose
    • Jason Day
    • Phil Mickelson
    • Rickie Fowler
    • Jon Rahm
    • Sergio Garcia
    • Paul Casey
    • Alex Noren
    • OTHER PLAYER
  2. 2. Which former Masters champions will make the cut? (1/2)

• Sergio Garcia (2017)
    • Danny Willett (2016)
    • Jordan Spieth (2015)
    • Bubba Watson (2012/2014)
    • Adam Scott (2013)
    • Charl Schwartzel (2011)
    • Phil Mickelson (2004/2006/2010)
    • Angel Cabrera (2009)
    • Trevor Immelman (2008)
    • Zach Johnson (2007)
    • Tiger Woods (1997/2001/2002/2005)
    • Mike Weir (2003)
    • Vijay Singh (2000)
    • Jose Maria Olazabal (1994/1999)
    • Mark O'Meara (1998)
  3. 3. Which former Masters champions will make the cut? (2/2)

• Bernhard Langer (1985/1993)
    • Fred Couples (1992)
    • Ian Woosnam (1991)
    • Sandy Lyle (1988)
    • Larry Mize (1987)
    • Langer/Couples/Woosnam/Lyle/Mize to all Miss Cut

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/18 at 12:00

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

. I wonder if this extra level of fame will bring out more stories about why he got flung out of college and obviously the cheating during matches  and stealing stuff out the locker room stories will be brought up again.

It`s an absolute given if there is an element of truth in these things then the press will revisit that stuff.

Ok , there’s something seriously wrong when not a single top golfer now hasn’t been to a US golf school. Not one!
And you’re not worried?

Yeah it’s a bit worrying. The days of young guys selling juice and tees in the pro shop before working their way up seem to be gone.

On the other hand, all the majors are now held by guys of 27 and under (albeit all of them are American college boys). It’s just becoming a young mans game. Of the top 12, only Rose and Garcia are over 30 and looking back. They had success as young men.

More concerning for me is the dominance of the PGA Tour and the financial disparity between it and the European tour. Don’t get me wrong, the European tour is working hard with initiatives like the Rolex series but it’s the low grade events that struggle. Every event on the US Tour has a massive prize purse (even over $3m in major and wgc weeks) usually around $7m, that’s what our premier Rolex series events are worth. More and more top European talent are just going to play Rolex series in Europe then bugger off to America to play every other week.

Ok it can be argued that this is no different from the past, America has always been where the money is, the disparity is enormous though. 100th on the US money list this year has made half a million dollars, in Europe, €78,000.

A guy with a 2nd and two Top 10’s in America (JJ Spaun) has earned the same as Sharma who’s won twice in Europe.

Thankfully the World Rankings don’t show as much disparity.

9 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I thinks that`s harsh. Bubba`s not the brightest but  I don`t think he` s a bad human being,  I remain to be convinced about Reed though. That said he did what was required today.

9 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I'm OK with Bubba as well, apart from him blaming his caddie for all his bad shots.

Reed and his wife both seem like genuinely nasty characters though, he's basically cut off all contact with his parents and sister at her behest. I wonder if this extra level of fame will bring out more stories about why he got flung out of college and obviously the cheating during matches  and stealing stuff out the locker room stories will be brought up again.

I don't mind Watson either but he appears to be universally disliked by his fellow pros.

A poll was held a year or two ago among USPGA pros and Watson came out most unpopular with Reed next.

I don't mind Watson either but he appears to be universally disliked by his fellow pros.
A poll was held a year or two ago among USPGA pros and Watson came out most unpopular with Reed next.

Any idea why he is so disliked? Bubba not Fatrick

Archived