Massaging "Attendance" Figures

What should be included in an official attendance figure?  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dunfermline decided to include all season ticket holders in their match day figure even if they weren't at the match(cup matches excluded) in line with other clubs although not sure they still do given attendance given at recent Inverness match

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mikedafc said:

Dunfermline decided to include all season ticket holders in their match day figure even if they weren't at the match(cup matches excluded) in line with other clubs although not sure they still do given attendance given at recent Inverness match

The one given 2249? Surely that has to be a mistake(maybe meant to be 4,249)? Happened to us last season, we were playing St Mirren and the crowd was given as 4,700 odd, it was definitely meant to be 5,700 as St Mirren brought around 1,400 and our home gates are always 4000+

9 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The one given 2249? Surely that has to be a mistake(maybe meant to be 4,249)? Happened to us last season, we were playing St Mirren and the crowd was given as 4,700 odd, it was definitely meant to be 5,700 as St Mirren brought around 1,400 and our home gates are always 4000+

That's more like it.

A Falkirk crowd w**k.

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Why would sponsors pay attention to the higher figure when absolutely everybody and their dog knows its fudged!?

Yeah, are sponsors really so stupid that they'd accept these figures when the entire football watching public knows they are a load of Gladys Knight??  Celtic were notorious for it in the late 70s / early 80s. What if absolutely no-one turned up for a match and the 'official' attendance was announced as 5000 due to season ticket sales!  Patently absurd. 

On 03/04/2018 at 08:21, Poet of the Macabre said:

Aye, we've started doing it this season. Crowd figures should always be how many people are in the ground.

6 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Why would sponsors pay attention to the higher figure when absolutely everybody and their dog knows its fudged!?

I don't think they do, my friends who only have a passing interest in Dunfermline due to them supporting some diddies from Glasgow thought our crowds were on the up this year.

I appreciate that people on this thread know but even then the thread was created due to the OPs uncertainty as to what teams were doing it. 

8 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I don't think they do, my friends who only have a passing interest in Dunfermline due to them supporting some diddies from Glasgow thought our crowds were on the up this year.

Your friends aren't sponsors though and so have no need to assess the actual size of an audience before deciding to hand over a certain sum of money to punt their brand. I'm not convinced by the effectiveness of this scheme either.

Archived