Massaging "Attendance" Figures

What should be included in an official attendance figure?  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I'm sure it was in reference to County when I first heard the phrase "They count the eyes" regarding attendance.

All part of McGregors never ending obsession to be better than ICT in any shape or form.

5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I'm sure it was in reference to County when I first heard the phrase "They count the eyes" regarding attendance.

Just think what the attendance figures would be if they counted the fingers...

Going the other way, when we met at Love Street in the semi final of the Challenge Cup, St Mirren announced the crowd at around 6000.
The ground was heaving, with an overspill of away fans in the North Bank once the Caley Stand was down to odd seats here and there. Much jeering from the away ends (bearing in mind the gate money would be shared) and they later announced a revised figure of nearer 7500.

Must have been at least 9k at that game.

20 minutes ago, RiG said:

All part of McGregors never ending obsession to be better than ICT in any shape or form.

I like the bit where it took him 23 years and God knows how many millions of Global Energy's pounds to finally get ahead of ICT.

Are Dundee United the only honest club in this league?
What about Livingston? Surely they'd make up better figures if they were at it too.

I would say our figures are generally pretty reflective of the real crowd; even going back to the games against Hearts, Hibs and Rangers a few years back the figures seemed spot on. Shite crowds don’t seem to have had too much of an effect in getting sponsors through the door, which is a credit to the work being done behind the scenes.

Would say out of the rest of the clubs in the division though, Caley are definitely at it the most.

Got to say falkirk's home support has been excellent this season, turning out in big numbers considering how bad the season has been (especially up to December). Saying that we have obviously been taking all tickets into account even if they haven't turned up. 

Being honest it really doesn't matter how many turn up and people shouldn't really care. I'd rather we counted how many leave falkirk every week to go see rangers/Celtic and concentrate on lowering that number! 

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I'd rather we counted how many leave falkirk every week to go see rangers/Celtic and concentrate on lowering that number! 

I agree. Shoot the cnuts or hang them?

4 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Funnily enough, Dunfermline massively overstated the crowds for both league games but gave a realistic attendance for the cup game.

We count the season tickets for the league games, seing as they're not valid for Cup games we can't count them as tickets sold. 

It probably is more honest to count the attendance as those who are actually at the game, however if it helps attract better sponsors I'm happy Dunfermline are doing it. 

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

Would have thought accurate figures would have had to be returned to keep the taxman/vat happy, more so in cup matches where the gate less expense's  are shared. 

They can announce whatever they like at the game or in the papers, it's only people like us that pay any attention :lol:

Archived