Let's tidy up P & B.

PB 4.2

Question

Let me start by wishing everyone a wonderful enchanting Easter and I hope you all got the egg you've been dreaming about!    As a type 3 diabetic with a lust for perfectly refrigerated chocolate, it's always the toughest time of the year.      But I've dealing mechanisms:  I drive the Ceed, I swingball, I hold a black belt in haberdashery, I floss.   But mostly I frequent my favourite website - 'Pie & Bovril',  for rest bite and solace.    

However, I've been left confused and upset - not in equal measures, I should add because I've been more upset that confused -  caused by the structural imperfections of the website.    We have a thread based blether group in the GE forum for folk that view pedal biking as a transportation method.   A financial necessity if you will.    This naturally attracts the kind of aggressive dullards you'd expect to be into cycling.    It's a tougher read than the depression forum, but we accept these people are real people and deserve a singular thread to vent.     

Roll forward to this morning and I'm back on the range at Gleneagles with my new 52 deg wedge -   Dreaming of the Masters!   I ventured into the 'any other sports' section of this fine website where I witnessed the same degenerates graffiting this section with pedal tales.    Can we please decide whether cycling is a Gen Non.  mode of transportation OR whether cycling is a sport, and tidy up this giant plook on this near perfect website.     

I ask this to the owner and any non-Falkirk based moderators.   

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

The irony, of course, is that PB has started more threads about cycling than anyone else. 

And in case you're being serious, cycling is both a competitive sport and a pastime. I hope someone decides to do a sponsored cycle to the next Scotland away game so they can post about it in the Tartan Army forum. 

I might do one from Japan for the next home game.......

2 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Thats a small list.

Still, such an achievement given you're a teenager.    Great computing, great playing.  #greatplaying #computers #sadfuck 

1 minute ago, PB 4.2 said:

Is there, I've never seen it.    VT is the forum's  Aung San Suu Kyi such is his fall from prominence.    I wouldn't be regurgitating his overused taglines.    Best keeping to listing computer games you've completed.  

Thats a small list.

3 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

There is a Golf thread on GN.

I think they call your attempt here, topically, a "swing and a miss".

Is there, I've never seen it.    VT is the forum's  Aung San Suu Kyi such is his fall from prominence.    I wouldn't be regurgitating his overused taglines.    Best keeping to listing computer games you've completed.  

6 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Presumably the many pointless ones you've created with made up surveys? 

My ear to the ground tells me the AA driving schools' doing block booking discounts.    Driving isn't beyond you Jupe!   Take out a small loan and get yourself a full UK brexit driving licence!  

4 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

Golf is a competitive sport and a pastime.    Yet If I start a Golf thread in GN it will be moved to all other sports.    

Which Cycling thread is closing?    

Presumably the many pointless ones you've created with made up surveys? 

1 hour ago, PB 4.2 said:

Golf is a competitive sport and a pastime.    Yet If I start a Golf thread in GN it will be moved to all other sports.    

There is a Golf thread on GN.

I think they call your attempt here, topically, a "swing and a miss".

5 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

The irony, of course, is that PB has started more threads about cycling than anyone else. 

And in case you're being serious, cycling is both a competitive sport and a pastime. I hope someone decides to do a sponsored cycle to the next Scotland away game so they can post about it in the Tartan Army forum. 

18 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

Dude on the right trying harder than you will on your 'charity bike ride'.     

I could do 250 miles easily per day on a bike.    

Image result for sure you would gif

1 hour ago, PB 4.2 said:

Do you laugh at the homeless?   Do you mock paraplegics?   

Such a rude man!  I'm down to 144 btw. 

Sorry Tubs, was merely using the "carrot & stick" method of motivation.

Down 3Kg? Good work. Gambatte!

39 minutes ago, sjc said:

If you weigh 147Kg I'd suggest you get on a bike more often.....

Do you laugh at the homeless?   Do you mock paraplegics?   

Such a rude man!  I'm down to 144 btw. 

12 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

I could do 250 miles easily per day on a bike.    I once did 20 km in a single hour at Bannatynes whilst listening to the very best of Enya.  Only got off because I was bored.   

If you weigh 147Kg I'd suggest you get on a bike more often.....

1 minute ago, Dindeleux said:

Image result for cycling gif

I could do 250 miles easily per day on a bike.    I once did 20 km in a single hour at Bannatynes whilst listening to the very best of Enya.  Only got off because I was bored.   

Just now, PB 4.2 said:

Because I read this thread doesn't square with the fact that everyone shouldn't be force-fed cycling.  I have a dream,  I dream of a day the cycling thread tucked away in All other sports.   I dream of the day where pedestrians and driving licence holders can go about their business without the immediate threat of hospitalisation.  I dream of a day where no representation without taxation means what it means for tax-avoiding paupers.    I dream of a day when overseas charity freebie cycles don't involve a 70-mile freewheel down a mountain.   I dream of the day where non- FK postcode holders are allowed on the front of the bus.    

Image result for cycling gif

4 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

For someone who hates cycling you spend a lot of your time talking about it and reading the relevant thread on GN. 

Because I read this thread doesn't square with the fact that everyone shouldn't be force-fed cycling.  I have a dream,  I dream of a day the cycling thread tucked away in All other sports.   I dream of the day where pedestrians and driving licence holders can go about their business without the immediate threat of hospitalisation.  I dream of a day where no representation without taxation means what it means for tax-avoiding paupers.    I dream of a day when overseas charity freebie cycles don't involve a 70-mile freewheel down a mountain.   I dream of the day where non- FK postcode holders are allowed on the front of the bus.    

Archived