Utd v Dumbarton

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

McLaughlin and Wardrop being out probably had something to do with it, yes. Both players offer us something going forward that their replacements don't. I'd suggest that the way the players are applying themselves is the biggest difference though, we've fielded similar teams to the above one in recent weeks and found ourselves on the end of a horsing. I'd also argue that Morrison, for all his faults, was a player who would work hard for the team and is a better option up there than Nesbit, Russell or Calum Gallagher who are our current striking options. I'm not absolving Aitken of all blame, it's his squad and he made a hash of it, I just think too much is placed on his tactics where effort/application/ability of the players needs to be questioned too. 

Colin Nish's much maligned reputation has absolutely soared in the second half of this season ;)

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Twinkle said:
7 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:
Re read this comment and you will have your answer.

Good result last night. Could and should have been more but also could have been a good bit worse taking into account the few times they got on behind. And the time Lewis thought he was Maradonna. The lad is a tool. Made a few good saves though. 
Durnan was back to his old self with dodgy moments galore, Smith is dog shit and Fraser was stinking. I know hes not fully fit but he looked like he was back to the old Fraser of slow and sluggish fannying about.
Other than that, we controlled the game and passed well for large spells. When we were moving the ball quickly it was a joy to watch compared to the last while.
One thing about our general play - I do wish our centre halfs weren't playmakers. Almoat every passing move went backwards to them at some point. We even managed to do that at two corners! 
Our defence didnt seem to be on the ball though - high balls in behind caused us far more trouble than normal.
King was good in the second half, McDonald was excellent the whole game as was Stanton i thought. Till he went off, McDonald went up front and the game slowed down.
Ralston also had his best game ive seen him have for us. 
Slater looked decent too.
If we can win on Saturday then hope may return for this shit show of a season.

Almost all of that report is utter shite. I genuinely cant be arsed picking it apart as i would be here all day

All about opinions. 

Archived