Utd v Dumbarton

Does it really matter anymore? 

2 - 1 Dumbarton.

Last minuite shambles in the box and prodded home by an unmarked player  a yard off the line.

Lewis

Robson Durnan Mohsni Murdoch

Ralston Quinn

Edgenguele.  Flood.  King

Mikkelsen McDonald.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously thinking about rubbering this and watching the Champions League on TV.  If so it will be the first home game I have not attended in decades (other than the Mickey Mouse Cup) when I've not been on holiday or unwell.

27 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Does it really matter anymore? 

2 - 1 Dumbarton.

Last minuite shambles in the box and prodded home by an unmarked player  a yard off the line.

Lewis

Robson Durnan Mohsni Murdoch

Ralston Quinn

Edgenguele.  Flood.  King

Mikkelsen McDonald.

Would play Mohsni up front and McDonald in defence, Flood as the lone striker and Mikkelson in defensive midfield.

Good plan with the 12 players though!

Posted this on your thread, but think you were otherwise engaged. Is there any way of livestreaming the game on United's website for those of us who are overseas? *cough* VPN *cough*

First League game I'll have missed since March 2012. The negativity around our two clubs at the moment should make it absolutely hilarious.

17 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Posted this on your thread, but think you were otherwise engaged. Is there any way of livestreaming the game on United's website for those of us who are overseas? *cough* VPN *cough*

Watch live

Best link I could find. The website is abysmal for finding info that should be straight forward.

The link on the article didn't bring up the option to buy the game, or any others, but then I'm not overseas. ;)

25 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Would play Mohsni up front and McDonald in defence, Flood as the lone striker and Mikkelson in defensive midfield.

Good plan with the 12 players though!

Wondered who would notice! It would be our best chance of winning.

Mohsni up front would probably work - dont be silly.

3 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Watch live

Best link I could find. The website is abysmal for finding info that should be straight forward.

The link on the article didn't bring up the option to buy the game, or any others, but then I'm not overseas. ;)

Cool - that is a bit vague, but I might see if I can give it a shot. 

Lord only knows why I want to actually pay to see this, but there you go.

United fans must understandably feel pretty despondent about their side's recent progress but if there were ever a week to get your season back on track then this is it. You came within moments of victory at Cappielow - on recent form we would have struggled to get out of our own half.

Our previous two matches have concluded with comments such as 'nothing more than a training exercise', 'should have added a few more' and 'the Sons players effectively downed tools'.

It's the latter quote that puts me off travelling tomorrow night. The potential for giving up after the first half hour if we concede is too great when there is a reasonable Champions League alternative on offer. 

In some kind of sensible footballing universe you would hope that we could capitalise on Dumbarton's recent woes and secure 6 points from this double header but this is Csaba Laszlo's Dundee United we are talking about so who knows what might happen tomorrow and then again on Saturday. Incredible that I am opting to go to Tannadice in the predicted horrible weather rather than sit in my warm house with several beers watching the Champions League. 

In some kind of sensible footballing universe you would hope that we could capitalise on Dumbarton's recent woes and secure 6 points from this double header but this is Csaba Laszlo's Dundee United we are talking about so who knows what might happen tomorrow and then again on Saturday. Incredible that I am opting to go to Tannadice in the predicted horrible weather rather than sit in my warm house with several beers watching the Champions League. 

I'm generally enjoying United's current misery - but I don't like seeing you this sad stu. It's just not right.

5 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Dundee United are shit, but the day I'd rather watch soulless rich clubs play each other on television is the day I call up Dignitas.

If you need any help topping yourself just PM me, I will save you the cost.

Dundee United are shit, but the day I'd rather watch soulless rich clubs play each other on television is the day I call up Dignitas.

If there’s anything that gives me comfort from all this, it’s seeing how ridiculous people who ‘support’ those kind of clubs are. There’s a guy in my work who constantly tells me what an embarrassment Man United and Mourinho are and how much this upsets him, despite never having set foot In Old Trafford.
Nothing gives you a sense of perspective like supporting a truly shit team.

I'm generally enjoying United's current misery - but I don't like seeing you this sad stu. It's just not right.

Thanks for your kind words, feel free to come along to Tannadice tomorrow night to say nice things to me during the game.

2 hours ago, Consolidate said:

United fans must understandably feel pretty despondent about their side's recent progress but if there were ever a week to get your season back on track then this is it. You came within moments of victory at Cappielow - on recent form we would have struggled to get out of our own half.

Our previous two matches have concluded with comments such as 'nothing more than a training exercise', 'should have added a few more' and 'the Sons players effectively downed tools'.

It's the latter quote that puts me off travelling tomorrow night. The potential for giving up after the first half hour if we concede is too great when there is a reasonable Champions League alternative on offer. 

That last sentence is the most depressing thing I've ever read on here. Sarto is spot on. Why the f**k you would sacrifice supporting your own team to watch two teams you have absolutely no interest in is beyond me.  

Why would the guy spend a fair amount of money to trail thru here to watch his team make little or no effort when he could be watching the latter stages of the Champions League in the comfort of his own home? If his team have no intention of putting in the graft, why should he?

ETA - how many fans will Dundee take through to Celtic Park on wednesday night to watch them get rinsed? Of the people not going, how many do you think would rather watch the Liverpool vs Man City game on the tv the same night?

Archived