Hibs vs Accies

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Discuss.

Hammerton Hackies FC are a bunch of brute force huddies. Hopefully we get a referee brave enough to protect our cherished stars for a change.

Prediction: 30+ fouls from the filthy cloggers and 3 red cards that are never shown.

Hibs are usually our bitches but cant see anything other than a home victory. The crayon eaters will be creaming themselves to finally beat us.

1-0 Hibs after 12 shots on target to 1. Lennon to complain of caveman football, McGinn to get booked.

8 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Hibs are usually our bitches but cant see anything other than a home victory. The crayon eaters will be creaming themselves to finally beat us.

1-0 Hibs after 12 shots on target to 1. Lennon to complain of caveman football, McGinn to get booked.

I bet you £50 that John McGinn doesn't get booked at Easter Road on Tuesday night.

I’d imagine Hamilton will bring a massive support for this. It won’t be just football fans either, anyone in the town that’s sick, needs to go to a dentist or even get the Monthly shopping in will take advantage of our capitals hospitals and shops because if they don’t now, they’ll have to wait till they next play us or Hearts and that could be a wee while.

Canning to make five changes. 

41 away fans. 

Accies to put in a "brave" performance (which we'll lose). 

Our fans to get fucking apoplectic about losing to a better team.

1-0 Hibs. 

I’d imagine Hamilton will bring a massive support for this. It won’t be just football fans either, anyone in the town that’s sick, needs to go to a dentist or even get the Monthly shopping in will take advantage of our capitals hospitals and shops because if they don’t now, they’ll have to wait till they next play us or Hearts and that could be a wee while.

I can actually see them selling out a full block in the South Stand which would be a victory for them before the match has even begun. This is why we need to be wary of teams like this if they can take that positivity into the game. The players will be getting half days at work and will be right up for it. Imagine you live in Hamilton and get word that the local amateur team are playing in the Capital. Everyone and their granny will make sure they have a golden ticket. Hamilton will be like a ghost town on Tuesday after both of the jam-packed supporters buses have set off. I think they may just fall short of the miracle result this time as we are playing some good stuff but as Robert Green Ingersoll once famously said “The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart”. May the best team win.

2 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

I can actually see them selling out a full block in the South Stand which would be a victory for them before the match has even begun. This is why we need to be wary of teams like this if they can take that positivity into the game. The players will be getting half days at work and will be right up for it. Imagine you live in Hamilton and get word that the local amateur team are playing in the Capital. Everyone and their granny will make sure they have a golden ticket. Hamilton will be like a ghost town on Tuesday after both of the jam-packed supporters buses have set off. I think they may just fall short of the miracle result this time as we are playing some good stuff but as Robert Green Ingersoll once famously said “The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart”. May the best team win.

Went to the Hamilton/Hibs game last year. Was still a ghost town tbh. Strange wee town. Wiggo

Pretty incredible post, one of the best I’ve seen on here and it captures the essence of this fixture perfectly for me.

You’d imagine when that bell goes at 1 O’clock Tuesday afternoon, those Hamilton players will be rushing out of their work with a spring in their step. I’m not sure who the Hamilton manager is, but he’ll have a job on his hands trying to quell the excitement and have his players focused on the game, which will be treated like a cup final by those lads.

I wish I could say the same about the accies fans having jobs but nonetheless they will be up early doors getting a few drinks down their necks and making a real day of it. Also just a word of warning to the traveling fans, your ticket will be scanned electronically and then you’ll gain access to the ground, you don’t have to scale the stand or anything to get in to the stadium.

Pretty incredible post, one of the best I’ve seen on here and it captures the essence of this fixture perfectly for me. You’d imagine when that bell goes at 1 O’clock Tuesday afternoon, those Hamilton players will be rushing out of their work with a spring in their step. I’m not sure who the Hamilton manager is, but he’ll have a job on his hands trying to quell the excitement and have his players focused on the game, which will be treated like a cup final by those lads.

I wish I could say the same about the accies fans having jobs but nonetheless they will be up early doors getting a few drinks down their necks and making a real day of it. Also just a word of warning to the traveling fans, your ticket will be scanned electronically and then you’ll gain access to the ground, you don’t have to scale the stand or anything to get in to the stadium.

I hadn’t actually thought of the ticketing situation but good of you to remind the away fans of the procedure, I know it’s not as complicated in many of the less advanced areas in the West. I’d also add that if you’re able to arrive in plenty of time then I’d advise that as there may be long queues both due to the sheer number of away fans and also the unfamiliar nature of stadium entry for them may cause delays. Hopefully everyone will be in the ground in good time and kick-off won’t be delayed as I’ve got to be up early for work on Wednesday ha ha.

Hopefully the Accie fans make it into Easter Road ok. Considering Easter Road alone is about the same size as the whole of Hamilton. Not being used to big city life can easily get you lost. I would have suggested using your sat navs, but i'm sure that's foreign technology in an ultra conservative hick town such as Hamilton (and we all know how you feel about anything foreign). Be aware that getting vehicle spaces anywhere near the holy ground is next to impossible. We'll try and keep 40 truck sized spaces available, but would appreciate it if you all arrived up here on the one tractor. Please keep your banjos in your huts before you leave, as you won't be able to enter the golden gates with them.

Just now, Scotty Tunbridge said:

You’ve also got them electric half train/half bus do-hickeys that ride along the street. Really looking forward to trying one of them will sure make a change from my tractor.

You'll enjoy the experience of electricity m9. We even have something called "flood lights" which will allow you to see the game in the dark, so you can keep your mineshaft lanterns at home. 

3 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Maybe in Hamilton you eat crayons but here in the Capital city of Scotland, we eat pens.

Style and class to win the day, 6-0 to Lennon's legendary leithals, and a Marvin Bartley hattrick.

iDz_9A.gif

6 minutes ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

Hibs fans really do hate us don't they? Happy times at the home of these junkies, hope it continues. 

Where do you get the idea that we hate you? Nothing could be further from our minds.

We think it's grand that salt-of-the-earth folks like you guys, beavering away in the middle of nowhere, get the chance to come over and see what life's like in a big city now and then, with our fancy buildings, cosmopolitan food, big fitba' teams, and exotic drug habits. Who knows - maybe if your kids and grandkids come over to see a game, they could be inspired by the prestige and glamour of the rest of our fair city, and if they stick at it in school, they might be able to scrape a place into one of our colleges and maybe even make the transition full time, living the high life with a prestigious job in Jenners and a flat in Niddrie or Wester Hailes. Edinburgh always provides a warm welcome to ambitious and talented incomers from the outlying districts.

Archived