Brechin V champions in waiting

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was nt our worst performance of the season. Thought we defended well 1st half with a makeshift defence .Great strike for Saints goal , Sinclair was unlucky with a shot that hits bar . Overall happy to get to half time still in the game also thought Isaac had a decent thankless half not everything comes off for him but he tried .
Onto 2nd half and as usual we are more attacking with a bit of luck we should ve scored . St Mirren were still dangerous but were finding Buzz equal to them .A fantastic bit of skill from Morgan I think

I saw about 2 Brechin fans... I’ve been up since half 5 so personally I’m struggling to keep my eyes open... pity Livvy scored in the last 5 mins ... just need to win the league on Tuesday[emoji106][emoji41]

1 hour ago, CITY1974 said:

Also like to say what a fantastic well behaved support emoji5.png hope our stewards went easy on you . Good to chat to a few folk once the segregation was opened .Good luck at Tannadice on Tuesday .

The stewards I encountered in the stand behind the goal were fine. Chatty and friendly. My first visit ever to Glebe Park. I enjoyed the experience. A good club, who I am glad earned a nice end-of-season crust today from a large visiting support.

After a great first ten minutes, I thought the arse fell out of St Mirren, and it all went flat. There were long periods of silence from our big support - punctuated by magic moments, but they were when Morton goals went in at Livvy. It was all just.... flat.

I thought Brechin were solid. They hit the bar and forced a good save from Samson. I cannot believe they haven’t won a single game, they are a better side than that statistic shows. Genuine good wishes to Brechin City FC for next season. Applauds to the Brechin PA announcer for his kind words towards the St Mirren support as we exited at full time. A nice touch.

Brechin, as a town and Football Club, were excellent hosts today. Other clubs in this league should take note.

Will miss these trips next season. They are a better team than their league position shows.

Wish them well for next season.

Standard game against Brechin, could pretty much copy and paste the post from the last time we met.  

Great start to settle the nerves, Tapping fell asleep at throw in and Magennis stole a march on him and it was a terrific finish.

Not much football played as it was a tight and bobbily pitch as well and Brechin defended and closed down well. We don't really have height in the team, so games where the ball is in the air and pitch isn't great we tend to struggle. Brechin won a lot of the second balls from the air which made it a difficult game for us.

Still got the 3 points, and Brechin were good hosts, glad they got a good pay day out of what has been a tough season.  

Pretty much standard for our games against Brechin this season. For whatever reason, they're the team we've struggled most against from the games I've seen. Perhaps understandable today given the circumstances. Bobbly pitch didn't help either (same for both teams I know).

Got the job done, just a shame Morton couldn't do their part. Fingers crossed Tuesday is the day and we become the first team in Britain to be crowned champions. Won't be there but want it done ASAP and if that means I miss the party so be it.

Cracking wee away day albeit things went a bit flat for our big support when we realised the result at Livingston meant we move on to Tuesday at tannadice for the point we need.

First time I’ve been to a game where the stewards put a nightclub type stamp on your hand to prove you have a seat in the stand.:lol:

I’m looking forward to Tannadice and clinching the title.:thumsup2

Who on earth before heading to a game says to themself ‘Money - check. Car keys - check. House keys - check. Fed the cat - check. Match ticket - check. Inflatable dinosaur - check’ great.... good to go. 

9 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Who on earth before heading to a game says to themself ‘Money - check. Car keys - check. House keys - check. Fed the cat - check. Match ticket - check. Inflatable dinosaur - check’ great.... good to go. 

2 hours ago, Blaze said:

Brechin, as a town and Football Club, were excellent hosts today. Other clubs in this league should take note.

Will miss these trips next season. They are a better team than their league position shows.

Well said. Special mention of the ball boy in front of us who looked like he was kicking every ball, desperate for Brechin to score but still applauded St Mirren players off at substitutions. 

2 hours ago, Blaze said:

These kind of comments are welcome, thanks, and glad you all enjoyed your day. It would be nicer, tho, to hear some away fans for once bitching about having been robbed or deserving something from the game. Easy to be magnanimous when you're basically guaranteed a win. 

Was good to see the Glebe bouncing again tho - in fact I'd have said there were more than 2,400 there? There were 3,000 in for the united game and it seemed as busy as that if not more so. Not really clear about why the gate was opened either: presumably we segregate on police advice, in which case it doesn't add up that we can then just decide to open the gate after all, if we think it's getting a bit congested along the hedge.  It looked only about 3 deep anyway. 

The game - I said on the club thread that we did ok without ever looking like getting anything from it. Saints were comfortably better; good finish for the goal then it was over as a serious contest. We did a bit better down the hill in the second half - thought Morrison was a threat once he came on, tho I'd have taken Orsi off instead of Finn Graham. Still no win though. 

7 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

St Mirren giving Brechin the OF 'pat on the head' is sickening IMO.

Yeah, we should be calling them cnuts and we should have sung ‘shite and you know you are’ at them, while slapping  their mental guy in the red bunnet over the head with a wet dishcloth.

Get a grip.

Archived