Brechin V champions in waiting

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon our captains booking on sat means he will be missing this game. I could be wrong but I think he’s now reached the number of yellows that has him serving a one match ban. Maybe someone can confirm either way ?

Our 3 games against Brechin haven't been a stroll for us this season. I can see this changing on Saturday, especially if we're in with chance of clinching the title.

5-0 Saints.

37 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I reckon our captains booking on sat means he will be missing this game. I could be wrong but I think he’s now reached the number of yellows that has him serving a one match ban. Maybe someone can confirm either way ?

It usually takes a fortnight for bans for too many yellow cards to kick in, which would mean he'd miss the Livi game if he is indeed suspended.

43 minutes ago, Stu said:

It usually takes a fortnight for bans for too many yellow cards to kick in, which would mean he'd miss the Livi game if he is indeed suspended.

Cheers for the reply, I actually thought that you automatically serve a one game ban upon reaching the total for bookings. I wouldn’t really like to go into the Livingston game without our captain especially if it turns out to be the day we can win the title.

McShane or Kyle Magennis can easily slot in to replace him but it would be a real shame for him to not be in the team that day.

if Dunfermline do us a favour tonight we can win the league on Saturday if Livvy Fail to beat Morton and we of course beat Brechin. Actually 2 draws for Livvy is enough for us to win it on Saturday.

49 minutes ago, Gert.T.Fock said:

if Dunfermline do us a favour tonight we can win the league on Saturday if Livvy Fail to beat Morton and we of course beat Brechin. Actually 2 draws for Livvy is enough for us to win it on Saturday.

That's what's happening. 

2 hours ago, Gert.T.Fock said:

That's a side benefit of the playoff system. Teams in 4th/5th still with plenty to play for whereas normally they'd be (understandably) stepping off a little bit.

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

That's a side benefit of the playoff system. Teams in 4th/5th still with plenty to play for whereas normally they'd be (understandably) stepping off a little bit.

With Dundee Utd hot on their tails it's essential for the Pars to keep winning. i can see them winning tonight whilst hoping that Dumbarton do them a favour.

Archived