Pars v Livi

6 minutes ago, orco said:

Were you at the game Edinburgh Livi? Struggling? Pars fans were keeching their breeks for the last quarter of the game. 

A draw would have been a fair result tonight.

I wasn't, no. We are struggling to get results against them, that's undeniable.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can’t really grumble with the result, a draw would’ve been fair but we were far too wasteful in front of goal.

Referee was shite for both sides but I’d like to see the Hardie incident again right at the death. Looked like a foul but I reckon it was just outside the box at the point of contact.

Fair play to the Pars, sounded like you were out of it a few weeks back but now you look strong contenders for the top four now. Hopefully we can get second squared away soon, and not be scrapping in the final few games for points.

Excellent. Now we can win the title on Saturday. We might not, we might fcuk it up, but Ferrantibank fcuking it up tonight clears the muddied waters a bit. Maybe not in Chick Young’s head, but that’s another story.

Cue utter seethe from foaming-at-the-mouth Meadowthistle Works XI fans who actually thought we were interested in their results because we actually thought we might lose the title itself to them.

Frustrating evening but that’s football, felt we controlled most of the game but when we did create openings we failed to shoot, instead trying to pass our way through, especially second half. 

Couple of fantastic saves from Alexander when we started pushing on further and further to try and get that goal and left spaces at the back.

Finnie was horrendous for both teams genuinely making it up as he went along, but I may be in the minority here but to me the last minute “penalty” incident was a tremendous tackle and it was outside the box anyway. 

Dunfermline have our number this season, but on the whole we are still 6 points clear and still have a game in hand over Dunfermline so not overly worried, especially as I thought we played ok tonight. 

Onto Saturday. 

Mental how misleading a league table can be. We’re definitely better than Livi and St Mirren. 

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Christ.

22 minutes ago, orco said:

Were you at the game Edinburgh Livi? Struggling? Pars fans were keeching their breeks for the last quarter of the game. 

A draw would have been a fair result tonight.

That's because we were only winning by one goal, any group of fans would be nervous.

Despite that Robinson was never really troubled and f it wasn't for Alexander the scoreline would've been more comfortable for us, there wasn't a biggulf in between the sides but if any team deserved to win that it was definitely Dunfermline, had the better opportunities and play. Each game feels massive at the moment.

Thought we were second best for long spells but we got the goal and Livi didn't. Robinson made two or three decent stops and the centre halves put in a couple of good blocks but Alexander was also busy - his saves from Clark and Martin were straight out of the top drawer. Finnie continues to think we've all turned up to see him. I'd have taken Higginbotham off rather than Aird but it was good to see us making changes while we were still ahead rather than delaying and then conceding when we tired. Think we might just sneak 4th but although we're on a good run I can't see us getting far in the play offs.

That’s a great win, and could be a huge 3 points. A draw would have been a fair result as Livi had the better of us for the last 20 minutes in the first half and then most of the second half.

We had chances to kill the game but were wasteful, have to admit the shitey weather will have played a big part in that.

Credit to AJ. When you’re getting pumped (eg Pars 2 5 Queens) you have to become hard to beat again. Not losing breeds confidence. Top of the form table now for the last six games. Couple of (traditionally) horrendous away ties away at Falkirk and Inverness on the horizon though. Don’t think we can rely on taking full points from the two home games to finish ahead of Morton. We have to do the unthinkable and get something from these away games (and of course indulge in a bit of our favourite activity - pumping the part timers).

Re: the penalty claim at the end - you very rarely see them given. Looked like Hardie got goal side of the man, then actually moved to the right, away from the ball, to draw contact.

Highlights could prove me wrong, but that’s how it looked to me. No idea why he wasn’t trying to race in on goal, if he’s as good as Livi fans make out? He had Ashcroft for pace, but seemed intent on trying to win a penalty, rather than taking on the keeper.

I also think Ashcroft got the ball quite cleanly. However, it’s hard to tell from behind the challenge.

Apart from the cold and rain that was quite an enjoyable match. Livvy again forced us to play kick and rush with their pressing but I thought we played the better football when it mattered and deserved the win in terms of chances created. McManus really should have scored to make it 2-0. Very impressed with the Livvy defence yet again also not impressed with Finnie. How many shoves and pushes did he miss? Also bringing it back when we were right through was ridiculous.

Fantastic result and credit to AJ, I thought we were finished. Just need to get a result on Saturday now.

8 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Anyway, don't think I'll even be able to check the score until about 11 o'clock so I'll get this out the way early (delete as appropriate): Ref is a fucking disgrace, no way was that a Dunfermline penalty and he's having a fucking laugh with that red card / we should have had a penalty and I can't believe Dunfermline have ended that game with 11 on the park.

Just about called it 8)

Dunfermline the only team in the league we haven't beaten this season then, and I wouldn't fancy our chances against them in the play offs either so in the nicest way possible I hope they get pumped every week from now on. 

Well I'll take that result given the weather and the fact Livi did enough to get something out of the game.

Rolling onto Falkirk now and hopefully another 3 points.

Archived