Airdrie vs Ayr Utd

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Looks like McCall will be starting hart, i don't rate the both of them but Ruddy is half a foot taller so i'd choose him.

Can’t just throw this in without some info about source of this

I think we know that Ruddy is capable of chucking a goal but if Hart comes in and has a shaky start, his confidence will go and it could be an utter nightmare.

Before being dropped he was barely making a save, flapping at every single cross into the box and making very rash decisions.

Not really bothered about the goalkeeping situation, I'd be very surprised if either of them chucked one in the net on Saturday. More concerned about Moff not playing as I feel we lack a little something when he's not there. Didn't know he was on 15 assists for the season, according to the BBC, which I think is the most in Scotland, on top of having the top goalscorer. Being the good Ayr boy that he is I'm sure he'd have been relishing Saturday.

Not really bothered about the goalkeeping situation, I'd be very surprised if either of them chucked one in the net on Saturday. More concerned about Moff not playing as I feel we lack a little something when he's not there. Didn't know he was on 15 assists for the season, according to the BBC, which I think is the most in Scotland, on top of having the top goalscorer. Being the good Ayr boy that he is I'm sure he'd have been relishing Saturday.

I’m sorry, you would be very surprised if one of our bombscare keepers chucked one in? I wouldn’t have thought anyone would have been remotely surprised.

I’m sorry, you would be very surprised if one of our bombscare keepers chucked one in? I wouldn’t have thought anyone would have been remotely surprised.

50 minutes ago, Ayrplane said:

Can’t just throw this in without some info about source of this

I can see him, there was a hint of a return for him on the Ayrshire post and McCall has been impressed with him at training.

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yes actually, but the "very" sounds a bit too confident, go with "a little" instead.

14 hours ago, Hazbart said:
18 hours ago, Young Eddie said:

Think folk need to calm down about the prospect of Hart potentially playing. It's unlikely to be the end of the world. Think back to the first game of the season against Killie when he more than held his own in a hostile atmosphere. While he's had his fair share of howlers, that game suggested to me that he has got potential.

To be fair he was relatively untested that night. Killie  were so shit I don’t remember them having many shots on target and Jordan Jones final ball was so bad we were rarely threatened by cross balls.

That's true but my point was more about the way he coped with the atmosphere and didn't appear to fall to pieces. It just suggested to me that he could handle the big occasions. Unfortunatley he's let in a few confidence-sapping daft goals, and the feeling of unrest at his performances among the fans must have affected him too. But if he does come back I'll be pleased for the lad if he does well.

1 hour ago, Young Eddie said:

That's true but my point was more about the way he coped with the atmosphere and didn't appear to fall to pieces. It just suggested to me that he could handle the big occasions. Unfortunatley he's let in a few confidence-sapping daft goals, and the feeling of unrest at his performances among the fans must have affected him too. But if he does come back I'll be pleased for the lad if he does well.

So has he now got the confidence - after not playing - to put in a performance %? If he crumbles that’s a massive blow to our promotion hopes. If he caves in can McCall beg Ruddy to step back in. It’s a massive gamble putting Hart back in against Airdrie. It’s all a bit strange. Hart could come good but now is not the time. This could be the end for McCall

Realistically Hart won’t actually play. If McCall was going to start him he would do it without announcing that he was going to drop Ruddy.

It’s most likely a kick up the arse for Ruddy to see us though 4 more games.

3 minutes ago, Ayrplane said:

Having a keeper with jelly legs and no confidence is a massive f*ck up.  Might be Ruddy , might be Hart ? Who knows.  Let’s gamble! Who is your money on%?

give them a hauf each= 1 fk up each.

Got to be Ruddy in nets

11 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Realistically Hart won’t actually play. If McCall was going to start him he would do it without announcing that he was going to drop Ruddy.

It’s most likely a kick up the arse for Ruddy to see us though 4 more games.

To me that just sounds more likely Hart will start, suppose it depends on how you view McCall. The article also mentions us taking 22 out of 24, and if you were an outsider reading it, you'd think he'd have to be nuts at changing the keeper at this stage and with that record.

Archived