Doonhamers v Bairns

I said months ago that Falkirk and Caley would overtake us. I fully expect a Falkirk win here to help with that prediction [emoji20]

Unless it's somehow a very warm night I doubt I'll be attending. It'll be the first game I've chose not to attend in well over a decade. Says a lot for how I've felt watching us this season sadly.
[emoji17] [emoji17] [emoji17]

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I said months ago that Falkirk and Caley would overtake us. I fully expect a Falkirk win here to help with that prediction :(

Unless it's somehow a very warm night I doubt I'll be attending. It'll be the first game I've chose not to attend in well over a decade. Says a lot for how I've felt watching us this season sadly.

Yes, I feel much the same.

I'm going to pop along tomorrow, because I'll have to miss Saturday and there's only one home game after that.  I need to get some sort of fix before the summer kicks in.

I can't say I'm looking forward to it much though.  It's a while since I've enjoyed myself at a game.

Guest Back Post Misses
Most of this post is fine but can you please do something about "Nello".

Thanks in advance.

That is his nickname (b4 he joined us).

Blame some Mackem c**t please

Not that there is much chance of this happening but I would try and get a ball player in midfield to see if we can somehow introduce a bIt of creativity in there. On the basis that Thomas needs to reinvent himself I would play either him or Todd in a midfield 3 to see if we can play a bit of football and keep the ball better:-

Leighfield

Rooney Fordyce Brownlie Marshall

Thomson Jacobs Thomas

Todd Lyle Todorov

Keep 3 up top and fully occupy their back 4 and see how it goes. We have now tried the same old cautious formations time and time again at home and have 4 wins to show for it (2 against Brechin) so time for a change in thinking. I am sure Todd could easily play in a midfield 3 so either him or Thomas for that role.

4 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Not that there is much chance of this happening but I would try and get a ball player in midfield to see if we can somehow introduce a bIt of creativity in there. On the basis that Thomas needs to reinvent himself I would play either him or Todd in a midfield 3 to see if we can play a bit of football and keep the ball better:-

Leighfield

Thomson Jacobs Thomas

Todd Lyle Todorov

Keep 3 up top and fully occupy their back 4 and see how it goes. We have now tried the same old cautious formations time and time again at home and have 4 wins to show for it (2 against Brechin) so time for a change in thinking. I am sure Todd could easily play in a midfield 3 so either him or Thomas for that role.

You are so right .It wont happen .

5 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Leighfield

Thomson Jacobs Thomas

Todd Lyle Todorov

I like this but I think it will be the opposite and we go for a defensive 4-5-1. Just too make clear I only think this will happen but as we are leaking goals I think naysmith will set up not to concede and try to snatch a goal. Lyle probably won't' get a look in either. 

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

What’s the weather like in Dumfries? Snowing here and temperatures dropping.
I know you have a plastic pitch but any danger this might be off? Could be a fun return journey tomorrow night.

No snow in Dumfries. Brief flurry this afternoon but nothing that was lying. Game will not be in doubt unless we get a lot of overnight snow that isnt forecast.

7 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Leighfield

Thomson Jacobs Thomas

Todd Lyle Todorov

We play 3/5 at the back.

Archived