Doonhamers v Bairns

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would be my team for the Falkirk game: 4-4-2

Leighfield; Rooney, Marshall, Cameron, Fordyce; Thomas, Jacobs (Cpt), Todd, Thomson; Todorov, Lyle 

7 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

If this Jakubiak bloke is as good as most Falkirk fans and the Press say he is I can see our defence getting the runaround again and (another) home defeat recorded.   Mercer was shown up again yesterday to be a League 1 defender at best, Brownlie constantly gives away needless fouls and blooters the ball at every opportunity and Fordyce has gone from being  Mr. Dependable to Mr. Nervy since returning from injury.  Naysmith's preference of playing very much left-footed Thomas on the right isn't having the desired effect. I know the theory is that he will cut in for shots on his stronger foot but there has been little success with this and he struggles to get past opponents and often slows down good attacking moves.  If Lyle isn't 100% fit I would still be tempted to start him and another up front to try and gain an early advantage then replace him later if he's struggling. Without Dobbie we are short of scoring threat and on recent form we need to score at least 3 even to have the chance of gaining at least a draw.  The quicker this season's over the better and the BoD have some big decisions to make at the end of it.

To be honest after the kicking up and down the park he got yesterday he might get rested on Tuesday to let the cuts and bruises go down for next weekend, with the way your defence has been playing though I would still expect Nelson and Longridge to be more than enough of a threat.

18 minutes ago, NOTS said:

This would be my team for the Falkirk game: 4-4-2

Curtis Lyle; Rooney, Marshall, Cameron, Fordyce; Todd, Jacobs, Rankin, Thomas; Thomson, Derek Lyle 

A bit harsh dropping goalie Leighfield for an untried teenager.  Admittedly Leighfield has dropped a couple of clangers from free kicks at the edge of the box but he had also kept the score down in games with some great reflex saves.  The back four you list looks about right,  Mercer can't have many complaints about being dropped following another poor display.  Rankin would be nowhere near my team either.  I can't see Dykes being dropped for some reason so would go with him and Del starting up front in a 4-4-2. If we lose this one then we can do a bit of experimenting in the remaining games. 

Our record over the past couple of seasons at Palmerston has been stinking. Sounds like we won't have a better chance on Tuesday, still not confident though 

I bet it's better than our own record at home this season. We've won 4 games; 2 vs Brechin, 1 vs Dumbarton and 1 vs yourselves when your were shite. If you are now semi-competent I have seen nothing from us to suggest we'll get a win on Tuesday.

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I bet it's better than our own record at home this season. We've won 4 games; 2 vs Brechin, 1 vs Dumbarton and 1 vs yourselves when your were shite. If you are now semi-competent I have seen nothing from us to suggest we'll get a win on Tuesday.

A draw may also seem tough ask.

Am I the only Bairns fan feeling like we will probably bugger this up? Can't help think that all this talk of dobbie and others being missing as well as a leaky qos defence may come back to bite.

No Dykes who has caused us problems and no Dobbie(no explanation needed with probably more goals than games v us)

A bad feeling on this is the normal with this news. I suppose this is the first test to where we are in regard to away form with Utd, ICT and St Mirren to come, Dumbarton should be play off bound when we play them.

All about performances and wins now till end of season

Guest Back Post Misses

Top of the form charts. Not losing goals and scoring a few. Midfield with Sibbs and Blair bossing things. Jak and Nello giving teams plenty of problems.

QOS in indifferent form, key players out suspended or injured.

Looks nailed on home win

I don.t think we are either good enough or deserving  of a play-off place this season  but it's important to keep going.

Dunfermlines next 2 games are Livi (H) and Falkirk (A) both of which are loseable.

If - and it's a huge if  -  we were to win our next 2 we would be back above them.  Morton have Livi next which is another huge game.  If Livi  were to continue their great form then we  would be right back in it.

It has been - and still is  -  very difficult to be motivated to go this season ( worst since relegation) but I like  a midweek match, have time off work and the temperature looks to be rising so I'll give it a go.

I have a vision in my mind of what I would like - hope - to see tomorrow but  fully realise Naysmith will probably not have the same one and will come up with the usual fayre.

With Dobbie and Dykes out , Del has to start alongside Todorov with Todd fulfilling the 'Russell' role on the left.

With those two up front, never mind going up the middle, we need to get crosses in the box for them to get on the end of.

It has to be 4-4-2 tomorrow.

We all know the defensive frailties so I'm not going to go there and concentrate on the offensive threat.

I know this all seems like 'pie in the sky' but I have to cling on to this hope to get me along tomorrow.

I would llove for this to happen and produce a stirring home victory for a change but more than likely Naysmith will do his usual to frustrate and disappoint the fans.

Top of the form charts. Not losing goals and scoring a few. Midfield with Sibbs and Blair bossing things. Jak and Nello giving teams plenty of problems.

QOS in indifferent form, key players out suspended or injured.

Looks nailed on home win
Most of this post is fine but can you please do something about "Nello".

Thanks in advance.

Nae dobbie and youve got to fancy our chances. Not been a great hunting ground for us in recent times though.
Hiya pal. Always nice to see a brand new never been here before Bairns poster. Welcome and have fun [emoji7]

I said months ago that Falkirk and Caley would overtake us. I fully expect a Falkirk win here to help with that prediction :(

Unless it's somehow a very warm night I doubt I'll be attending. It'll be the first game I've chose not to attend in well over a decade. Says a lot for how I've felt watching us this season sadly.

Archived