Ross County vs Partick Thistle (3.4.18 @ 7.45PM)

7 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Will Danny Devine be suspended for this one or the Killie game? And is it just 1 match? I don’t really keep up with how the whole disciplinary deal works out.

Ideally he’d be suspended until the end of the season, tbh.

A red from two yellows means a one match suspension kicks in immediately, so Devine will be back for the weekend.

Davies will have a two match suspension immediately.  He’ll probably get done by the compliance officer too for a more lengthy ban, which would be appropriate IMO.

However, whether or not the CO gets involved, if County put in an appeal today then the hearing won’t be until after the Thistle match, in which case Davies would be available.  AFAIK Devine can’t appeal a red from two yellows. 

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure I'm happy Davis is suspended for this after his last series of gifts at Firhill..

Feel our best chance is the crowd getting on County's back and they have even less of a backbone than us..

Hopefully Barton is kept in a back 3 and Woods comes in for Osman (wishful thinking on that one)

Looks like Ryan Scully will be in goals as the injury Cerny picked up at the weekend was the same one from earlier in the season. Keown hasn’t been in training for five weeks apparently but seems likely to come back in after making it back for the last few days.

I think we’ll go with the 5-3-2/ 3-5-2 again.  Hopefully it’ll be more attacking with Booth back on the left and Elliott back on the right. 

The midfield three could be key in this match. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Woods, Osman and McCarthy start in there to try and impose our self over the County midfield.

Up front Sammon will begin but I don’t know if he goes with Doolan or Storey or a more withdrawn player such as Erskine or Lawless? 

Looks like Ryan Scully will be in goals as the injury Cerny picked up at the weekend was the same one from earlier in the season. Keown hasn’t been in training for five weeks apparently but seems likely to come back in after making it back for the last few days.
I think we’ll go with the 5-3-2/ 3-5-2 again.  Hopefully it’ll be more attacking with Booth back on the left and Elliott back on the right. 
The midfield three could be key in this match. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Woods, Osman and McCarthy start in there to try and impose our self over the County midfield.
Up front Sammon will begin but I don’t know if he goes with Doolan or Storey or a more withdrawn player such as Erskine or Lawless? 

Think it’ll be Storey. As much as he clearly has no footballing brain and fairly limited ability, his directness and speed is an asset, and him running in a straight line did actually create a few problems for Hibs on Saturday. Would think he’ll start and the absolute shitebag that is Blair Spittal will come on to shite it out of tackles for the last 20 minutes.

Fraser did a good job on Storey @ Firhill last time, but Sammon's mix of pace and strength was too much for him.  Between Fontaine and Souttar they can arguably handle Sammon if Storey played, it would be Doolan I'd worry about more here.

It's likely to be two 3-5-2 systems on a heavy pitch with a lot of recent sleet.  It's not going to be a pretty spectacle.

Is there any way to watch this game online tonight? Do Ross County have any kind of online subscription service? Sadly I won't get away from work in time to drive up.  

1 hour ago, DazzJag said:

Is there any way to watch this game online tonight? Do Ross County have any kind of online bits or bobs? 

We have very little online content at all.  At one point whomever was employed to re-jig the club's multimedia identity promised us lots of updates, changes, proactivity and so forth.  For about two weeks it was genuinely great, we had an excellent Ross County TV channel.  Then they did away with that.  Then they brought in a youtube channel.  Then they stopped updating that.  Now it's an out-of-date website and relying on the Fans' Liaison fan to do the match updates.  Worse than useless.    It's incredible that somebody is actually paid full-time to be our head of community liaison.   

My only real hope is that The Stuart Kettlewell Experience [Feat. Fergie] manage to motivate the sort of battling performance that we've hardly seen from County over the past 2 seasons. The 2-0 defeat at Firhill at the end of December was genuinely one of the worst County performances I've seen. They literally cannot put in a worse performance. So that's something, I guess.

It's another one of the "must win" games but unlike the Hamilton game, we will be totally fucked if we don't win this.

County need this more than us, which worries me, needing a massive performance from us and not sure we have it in us. 

2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Would fancy Elliott and Booth at the back as well, Sammon up front and Barton at the back. A big game from Elliott or Sammon would be absolutely ideal timing tonight. 

If County score first I reckon they'll win this. We'll need at least two to secure a win. 

nervous key and peele GIF

11 minutes ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

is there live radio commentary of the full game anywhere? biggest spfl game of the season should be on the feckin telly

Jagzone about all probably.  Then it'll be live updates on sportsound I'd guess.

One thing we do pretty well is our multimedia stuff. 

I'm not at all nervous about this as I resigned myself to relegation after the Hamilton away game. 

If keown hasn't trained for 5 weeks, why were we told everyone was available for Hibs? Fair enough if they don't want to tip off the opposition but just don't bother with team news in the previews in that case. 

Agree with the 352, I would go with Doolan up front beside Sammon and Erskine in behind on the basis of their past scoring record vs county if nothing else. Martin Woods revenge game narrative as well. 

Archived