Today's Scores

andy25

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, superpollok said:

Pollok 2 Kilwinning 1

Forde with a 30 yard screamer and Young with Loks goals.

Frye sent off for a typical poor challenge in Butch in last few minutes of game.

Think Talbot will be the happiest club with today’s result.

Two teams with contrasting styles. Pollok gifted their second goal, Buffs then hit both posts. Like the first game at Abbey Park, a draw would have been a fairer result.

As for Frye's red, I was on the terracing next to the incident and there was no contact, so well done the Pollok player for getting Frye sent off. All part of the game these days, disappointing.

4 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Two teams with contrasting styles. Pollok gifted their second goal, Buffs then hit both posts. Like the first game at Abbey Park, a draw would have been a fairer result.

As for Frye's red, I was on the terracing next to the incident and there was no contact, so well done the Pollok player for getting Frye sent off. All part of the game these days, disappointing.

Buffs hit the post when a clearance from our keeper rebounded off winters  - you make it sound like it was from a shot. We had various chances ourselves - including hitting the woodwork from a header and then Frye off the line from Sideserf.

The contrasting style comment, I can only assume that is some type of dig?

Frye went through Butch early in the game and go  away with it, and then clearly went in studs up, regardless if he connected it was a typically poor challenge from him.

Larkhall 0-4 Meadow

Not much between the teams until McTernan came on and banged 2 goals. Only going to be one winner after that. Boyd got his first Meadow goal in his second stint with a tap in and Carson scored a good header from a cross.

3 super subs [emoji108]

17 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Buffs hit the post when a clearance from our keeper rebounded off winters  - you make it sound like it was from a shot. We had various chances ourselves - including hitting the woodwork from a header and then Frye off the line from Sideserf.

Frye went through Butch early in the game and go  away with it, and then clearly went in studs up, regardless if he connected it was a typically poor challenge from him.

Clear to see the contrasting styles, very tall Pollok team. Buffs like the ball on the deck. A neutral beside us commented on this, first Juniorgame he'd attended. I know what style I prefer.

Buffs created the majority of the best chances and with luck would have taken something from the game, wasn't to be.

Frye sending off wasthe wrong decision. Pollok player should have received a second yellow early second half, ref bottled it. Pollok manager subbed the player shortly after.

23 minutes ago, superpollok said:

24 minutes ago, superpollok said:

The contrasting styles means pollok played the long ball game and the buffs tried to play football on the deck.As for the game I would say to many buffs players off form today and we got what we deserved nothing.As for the Frye sending off I would like to see the video footage as I thought there was no foul his legs were up in the air after the challenge and not before.A bad day at the office today and our challengers will be happy with this result but it's going to go down to the wire who wins this league.

Archived