Today's Scores

andy25

FT - Largs Thistle 3-3 Cambuslang Rangers

Cambuslang won 6-5 (I think it was?...) on penalties

Fair play to Cambuslang for coming back from 0-2 & 1-3 to take it to the lottery that is a penalty shootout.

A bit harsh on Largs who I thought were easily the best team for about 75% of the game , but Cambuslang sort of came to life at 1-3 down & somehow got it back to 3-3 right at the end & got their self into the next round via the penalties.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clear to see the contrasting styles, very tall Pollok team. Buffs like the ball on the deck. A neutral beside us commented on this, first Juniorgame he'd attended. I know what style I prefer.
Buffs created the majority of the best chances and with luck would have taken something from the game, wasn't to be.
Frye sending off wasthe wrong decision. Pollok player should have received a second yellow early second half, ref bottled it. Pollok manager subbed the player shortly after.

Have a look at Fryes tackle on the highlights - deserved straight red. If butch hadn’t rode the tackle he wouldn’t have walked off the pitch at the end of the game.

Strange scene near the end when Michael Wardrope tried to header an overhit pass on the sideline and fell onto the barrier at the fencing and lay immobile just off the field of play.   Shortly after the referee blew the final whistle and stood and waited for one of his assistant refs to join him and left the field ignoring the injured player who was by this time being attended by the Buffs physio.   Surely the Referee has a responsibility for the continuing safety of all players until in the dressing room?

Other than that it was an excellent match and Pollok deserved their win despite the contrast in styles.

Buffs were less cohesive and effective when Boylan failed to appear for the second half as he is responsible for putting pressure on the opposition defence with his rapid closing down which hurries them into making errors and McGuinness being subbed unsettled the midfield which Pollok exploited well.

2 hours ago, Marlowe said:

Strange scene near the end when Michael Wardrope tried to header an overhit pass on the sideline and fell onto the barrier at the fencing and lay immobile just off the field of play.   Shortly after the referee blew the final whistle and stood and waited for one of his assistant refs to join him and left the field ignoring the injured player who was by this time being attended by the Buffs physio.   Surely the Referee has a responsibility for the continuing safety of all players until in the dressing room?

Other than that it was an excellent match and Pollok deserved their win despite the contrast in styles.

Buffs were less cohesive and effective when Boylan failed to appear for the second half as he is responsible for putting pressure on the opposition defence with his rapid closing down which hurries them into making errors and McGuinness being subbed unsettled the midfield which Pollok exploited well.

"Excellent"My o my just in, one of the worst games I have seen this season, buffs flyer of a start, then stopped pressing, pollok first half, twice put 3 passes together, driving me to the drink I was expecting a nailbiter, it fizzled out, BUFFS tried to play, their big centre didn't look up for it today, poor show 1 pt each would have been about right,  poor.

Just watched the highlights to the pollok v buffs and after thinking Frye gets the ball and its a fair challenge the video clearly shows the ref was correct in giving a straight red as it was a dangerous tackle and if the player doesn't ride the tackle he could have been seriously injured.

To say Frye deserved 2 get sent off,tells me you've never played the game,50/50 challenge,which he wanted more.took the ball.pollok player rolls about ,then gets up n gives a team mate a high 5 n a wee smile.disgrace n he was the 1 who should have saw red.

1 minute ago, Bigjimmcalpine said:

Noticed this myself , give the beaks a break though as do you know how hard it is to update a table :)

Aye, cup weekends are notoriously demanding for league table updating. 

Best just to crash the site and leave it offline for as long as possible and eat Easter eggs in your scants instead. 

To say Frye deserved 2 get sent off,tells me you've never played the game,50/50 challenge,which he wanted more.took the ball.pollok player rolls about ,then gets up n gives a team mate a high 5 n a wee smile.disgrace n he was the 1 who should have saw red.

Hi Chris.

Just now, buffy1899 said:

Was 6 feet away fae tackle,so think I had better view than him

Buffy I thought it was a hard but fair challenge to but now I've watched the highlights I was was wrong it was a dangerous challenge and thats my opinion.

Thought Lok were very good yesterday after being behind straight away.A stunning goal from Forde and then had plenty of chances to put Kilwinning to the sword.Whereas the last game at Shabby park was close this time a deserved victory.

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

Thought Lok were very good yesterday after being behind straight away.A stunning goal from Forde and then had plenty of chances to put Kilwinning to the sword.Whereas the last game at Shabby park was close this time a deserved victory.

Not sure where you get 'plenty of chances' from. I think Pollok were competent yesterday, but seen better sides this season. Buffs were way below par, but still managed to create chances. As I said, a draw would have been fairer on the day, but thems the breaks.

8 minutes ago, Bigjimmcalpine said:

Interesting result yesterday and it opens the league up a wee bit again although it's still only the buffs to lose . 

Havent yet saw Frye's tackle but he does have previous for being hot headed and rash so wouldn't be blown away if the red is fully deserved , he's a good wee player but has a very suspect temperament for me .

Frye does have a reputation. With it being Pollok and the crowd and players reaction to the challenge, the ref had his mind made up for him.

Had no impact on the outcome of the game and Ricky Hanvey will come in and do a good job.

Frye does have a reputation. With it being Pollok and the crowd and players reaction to the challenge, the ref had his mind made up for him.
Had no impact on the outcome of the game and Ricky Hanvey will come in and do a good job.

You must need your eyes tested

There was no players reaction to the challenge, the ref had his red card out instantly.

Archived