Major League Baseball

jimmy boo

8 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Why the hell would you pull a SP who is on a perfect game after 7????

Fair enough if his arm has visibly fallen off, or it's a playoff and you are desperate to get your SU/Closer on, but a week into the season??

I think this is probably as much a reason they did pull him as anything else, but yeah, a bit baffling. Kershaw seems to be agreeing with the decision but for a future HOF'er at his age, I don't think he'll get another chance at one.

Finally get to see Mackenzie Gore as a SP in the bigs tonight. Clevinger is back throwing in the minors, which is just as well because Blake Snell has gone on IL. 

Padres usual story of starting pitching falling apart is off to an early start this year.

Edited by Boo Khaki

On 13/04/2022 at 23:16, Boo Khaki said:

Why the hell would you pull a SP who is on a perfect game after 7????

Fair enough if his arm has visibly fallen off, or it's a playoff and you are desperate to get your SU/Closer on, but a week into the season??

A week into the season is exactly why he was pulled. He's not at full strenghth yet. Pitchers buid up their pitch count with each start. If this was two or three weeks from now he woud have stayed in

Rōki Sasaki followed up his 105 pitch record setting/tieing pefect game with a 102 pitch perfect game through eight before being pulled due to a history of arm issues. Sasaki struck out 14 retiring the side in his last inning. Sasaki has now retired 52 consecutive batters, an NPB record. The MLB record is 46 by Yusemiro Petit who set the record in 2014 with the Giants.

His team the Chiba Lotte Marines went on to lose 1-0 in the 10th to the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters.

I just saw that Jake Arrieta has retired. I've been a Cubs fan for years and will always hold fond memories of him for those two games he won in the 2016 WS. A legend.
For a couple of years he was virtually unplayable. His performance in the playoff game against the Pirates in 2015 is one of the greatest displays of pitching I have ever seen.

2 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Yesterday's attendance at the Oakland A's game - 2703.

Ooft!

Another solid outing for Mackenzie Gore. Still think he'll end up being sent back to the minors once Snell is off IL, but at least it now looks like we have some viable starter depth. Really need Clevinger back so they can bomb Martinez as well, but that looks a while off yet. 

So Tommy Pham got it tight from the fans in left field all game long yesterday. The fact the very same section was prostrating themselves and singing the praises of two week MVP Jurickson Profar at every change over just wound Pham up even more. Pads fans can be assholes, but sometimes they get it right :lol:

7 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Haha! Benches cleared in St.Louis, even the bullpen catchers and staff came streaming towards home plate :lol:

That's been brewing since the start of the season. Mets batters getting hit a ridiculous amount of times, someone throws high and inside at Arenado and away they go.