Jump to content

MLB 2018


jimmy boo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Rangers OF Joey Gallo bound for the Yankees along with LHP Joely Rodriguez. In return Rangers get prospects in SS Josh Smith, 2B Ezequiel Duran, 2B/OF Trevor Hauver & RHP Glenn Otto. Move gives the Yankees a much needed lefty at bat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GNU_Linux said:

Rangers OF Joey Gallo bound for the Yankees along with LHP Joely Rodriguez. In return Rangers get prospects in SS Josh Smith, 2B Ezequiel Duran, 2B/OF Trevor Hauver & RHP Glenn Otto.

I like Joey Gallo.  A little bit of everything there with him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Rangers OF Joey Gallo bound for the Yankees along with LHP Joely Rodriguez. In return Rangers get prospects in SS Josh Smith, 2B Ezequiel Duran, 2B/OF Trevor Hauver & RHP Glenn Otto. Move gives the Yankees a much needed lefty at bat.
 

It's strange that they've had so few left handers with that short right field.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's strange that they've had so few left handers with that short right field.
The line-up is fucking atrocious, and has been for a long time.

So many bloated players on bloated wages. I'd love them to find a way to get Stanton and sanchez punted but it's never going to happen.

This covid outbreak forced them to bring in youth, and the team played with so much more intensity and speed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Dodgers. Trae Turner also heading that way 

Along with Danny Duffy, the Dodgers seem to be firing money at everyone decent that moves.  The Nationals pick up the Dodgers best two farmhands, although the Nationals have one of the poorest farm systems in baseball.   Clearly they’re in rebuild move.  Schwarber offloaded to the Red Sox as well, and they’ve sent Daniel Hudson to San Diego.

Baseball GMs are so predictable sometimes.  If the Padres hadn’t made such a “big push”, the Dodgers wouldn’t have had to give up nearly that much for Scherzer and his insane contract.  I think the Nationals just played the Dodgers like a kipper there.  And meanwhile, the Giants continue to somehow play .630 baseball, including being over .500 against the Dodgers, and with an absolute tonne of payroll flexibility.  Who the hell saw that coming?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Yankees have picked up 1B Anthony Rizzo from the Cubs. Going the other way are RHP Alexander Vizcaino & OF Kevin Alcántara.

Is Alexander Vizcaino related to Jose Vizcaino?  He was a really good, under-the-radar player. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Is Alexander Vizcaino related to Jose Vizcaino?  He was a really good, under-the-radar player. 

No relation far as I can tell. There's also Arodys Vizcaíno a RHP with the Mets. All three are Dominican so I'd guess Vizcaino is a commonish surname in the country.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
3 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:
Yankees have picked up 1B Anthony Rizzo from the Cubs. Going the other way are RHP Alexander Vizcaino & OF Kevin Alcántara.

This makes me sad

Cubs run to the title started with Rizzo. Might be a sad day ahead as well - can see Bryant and Baez going today as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cubs run to the title started with Rizzo. Might be a sad day ahead as well - can see Bryant and Baez going today as well
Bryant, almost certainly. Baez, very probably.

It was a good few years. I never imagined I would ever see the Cubs win a World Series, so as sad as the end of this era is, at least that happened.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Bryant, almost certainly. Baez, very probably.

It was a good few years. I never imagined I would ever see the Cubs win a World Series, so as sad as the end of this era is, at least that happened.

Agreed. Was a spectacular few years - didn't think it had peaked back in 2016 - thought they'd be unstoppable for a few years but nobody really turned into the superstars i thought they'd be (maybe apart from Bryant?).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3B/OF Hunter Bryant of the Cubs bound for the Giants. Cubs get OF Alexander Canario & RHP Caleb Killian in return.

Mets have acquired SS Javier Báez & RHP Trevor Williams from the Cubs. In return the Cubs get OF Pete Crow-Armstrong.

Blue Jays acquired RHP José Berríos from the Twins. Twins get SS Austin Martin & RHP Simeon Woods Richardson in return.

Edited by GNU_Linux
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blue Jays playing in Canada tonight for the first time in 670 days against the Royals. Attendance capped at 15k which is 30% of Rogers Centre capacity.

Edited by GNU_Linux
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

3B/OF Hunter Bryant of the Cubs bound for the Giants. Cubs get OF Alexander Canario & RHP Caleb Killian in return.

Mets have acquired SS Javier Báez & RHP Trevor Williams from the Cubs. In return the Cubs get OF Pete Crow-Armstrong.

Blue Jays acquired RHP José Berríos from the Twins. Twins get SS Austin Martin & RHP Simeon Woods Richardson in return.

Is Hunter Bryant any relation to Hunter Pence, or Kris Bryant, or is he their love child?   Either way, I love that move from San Francisco’s point of view.

As somebody said on Twitter, the forthcoming Nationals vs Cubs series should be free entry.  Both those clubs are throwing in the towel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Are the Cubs in rebuild mode? 

The amount of talent they’ve given away in the last 24 hours is unreal. I guess none of those players were intending to re-sign. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...