Major League Baseball

jimmy boo

9 hours ago, Torpar said:
Three Jays games in a row postponed, meaning they have a double header today against KC, provided no more ice falls from the CN Tower. 
https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/kansas-city-columnist-calls-rogers-centre-weather-woes-karma/ 

I'll catch some of second game when home about midnight our time....ice permitting.

ETA......Good result in first game.....11/3

Atmosphere very flat in empty stadium for game 2.

Edited by jimmy boo

Mets back to looking like a 40 to 1 shot. Harvey can get in the sea as far as I'm concerned. Spraffing some shite about how he got out a jam in the fourth. As Callaway said, the game starts in the first inning.

That 9th inning in game 5 of the World Series has literally finished him.

On 20/04/2018 at 17:19, placidcasual said:

Mets back to looking like a 40 to 1 shot. Harvey can get in the sea as far as I'm concerned. Spraffing some shite about how he got out a jam in the fourth. As Callaway said, the game starts in the first inning.

That 9th inning in game 5 of the World Series has literally finished him.

Yeah he’s the most likely continuing liability in the rotation.  With Vargas coming back, he can do one. I sort of expect Callaway to come up with something creative to turn the situation into a positive.

Yeah he’s the most likely continuing liability in the rotation.  With Vargas coming back, he can do one. I sort of expect Callaway to come up with something creative to turn the situation into a positive.

I stayed up til stupid o'clock watching last night v the Braves. When you see what Gsellman, a starter, does it's just night and day to Harvey and his attitude.

Out the bullpen, 2 clean innings then he gets on base because I honestly don't think we had any pinch hitters left and manages to get round to put us ahead top of the 12th. They asked Harvey the night before after his blow out if he'll go in the bullpen all he can say is "I'm a starting pitcher"

He's a dick.

2 hours ago, placidcasual said:

I stayed up til stupid o'clock watching last night v the Braves. When you see what Gsellman, a starter, does it's just night and day to Harvey and his attitude.

Out the bullpen, 2 clean innings then he gets on base because I honestly don't think we had any pinch hitters left and manages to get round to put us ahead top of the 12th. They asked Harvey the night before after his blow out if he'll go in the bullpen all he can say is "I'm a starting pitcher"

He's a dick.

It’s always worse when you’ve sacrificed sleep.

I’m not sure he could work out of the bullpen anyway, so I doubt they’ll offer him a role there. Hopefully assign him to the minors and see what he does when his bluff is called. 

But, aye, dick.

Cubs @ Rockies game yesterday was mental. Lots of scoring, lots of good defense (Almora made 3 superb catches in CF), a scary HBP*, Heyward having a nightmare with the sun in right-field, Cubs almost throwing away a big lead and the game ending when Arenado was tagged out at home plate trying to score on a wild pitch. 

*Bryant got hit in the head by a 97MPH fastball in the 1st inning. Actually spun his helmet 360 on his head and was fracitons away from taking it flush on the forehead.Was a scary looking one but apparently he's avoided any real damage. He looked out of it when it happened though. 

The Phillies have been embarrassingly amateurish so far. Had to use a utility infielder as a pitcher. Given an official warning because they tried to bring in a pitcher who hadn't taken off his jacket, never mind thrown warm-up pitches :lol:
In other news, MLB.com has become virtually tabloid in its output. Yesterday I read a heading "Judge creates history. It was because he was playing centre field and because he's tall.

Amazing the difference a couple of weeks makes!

On 24/04/2018 at 06:53, Cowshed Chris said:

Amazing the difference a couple of weeks makes!

I assume you mean the Phillies, not MLB.com! If they can start hitting throughout the line-up it'll be a great season, pitching, Hoskins, Hernandez and Herrera have been great.

Matt Harvey will be fancying he won’t have to do much to get back in the rotation for the Mets. Suddenly there are a few guys chucking inweak performances!

( Although I’ll give Vargas a pass for tonight’s effort as it’s his first since a long lay off)

On 29/04/2018 at 03:31, k-ton said:

Matt Harvey will be fancying he won’t have to do much to get back in the rotation for the Mets. Suddenly there are a few guys chucking inweak performances!

Close :lol:

Finished in NY. DFA'd.  Not sure where he'll finish up but I'm sure someone will take a chance on him.  

5 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Close :lol:

Finished in NY. DFA'd.  Not sure where he'll finish up but I'm sure someone will take a chance on him.  

Anyone want my lottery numbers? 

Its a double “f**k you” to him considering how bad Vargas, Matz and Wheeler are getting on, but he’s stunk out the bulllpen too so he’s gotta go! 

I'm glad he's away. It's his attitude as much as his terrible performance that annoys me. Better pitchers than Harvey have gone down to the minors and figured it out then came back. Roy Halladay comes to mind.

5 hours ago, placidcasual said:

I'm glad he's away. It's his attitude as much as his terrible performance that annoys me. Better pitchers than Harvey have gone down to the minors and figured it out then came back. Roy Halladay comes to mind.

Yeah, he can’t complain about not being given the opportunity to sort it. Fingers crossed the current rotation line up settles into some consistency.