Major League Baseball

jimmy boo

That’s Syndergaard back today so we’re post-season bound. Either that or he’ll be on the 60 day DL tomorrow. 

ETA - or this! The hilarity continues apace. 
82DF1271-BC57-40C8-94BA-630F109799AF.thumb.png.df3e5893a61d14b923320052fbf75b70.png

Yeah. That’s a TJ. God bless the Mets medical staff.

58 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Already 3 down. To be fair......that Nationals team isn’t as bad as their record suggests. There much better than a .500 team

Definitely - Should probably be top 5 in the NL.

On 01/08/2018 at 18:11, Savage Henry said:

Yeah. That’s a TJ. God bless the Mets medical staff.

Now the question is, is this a good or bad thing for the Mets?!

I bet Mickey Callaway had his fingers crossed...

70214923-E400-4308-9AC3-A8765D8E950C.png

16 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

3-0 down with two out in the 9th facing a 2-2 pitch? No problem

https://www.mlb.com/video/must-c-botes-slam-caps-rally/c-2380085283

Nothing better than a final out rally.  Nick Hundley did something similar on his final strike with two outs at the bottom of the ninth against the Dodgers last night.  

I have no problem with position players pitching (particularly with the double header), the vast majority having been star pitchers on their high school teams no doubt, but having Kingery throw 40 mph batting practice pitches when fans have paid good money to see a game isn’t right. Surely someone else more appropriate could have been used.
Before it’s pointed out, I’m aware that Quinn pitched “properly” and was hit harder than Kingery but at least that’s baseball

7 hours ago, Cowshed Chris said:

I have no problem with position players pitching (particularly with the double header), the vast majority having been star pitchers on their high school teams no doubt, but having Kingery throw 40 mph batting practice pitches when fans have paid good money to see a game isn’t right. Surely someone else more appropriate could have been used.
Before it’s pointed out, I’m aware that Quinn pitched “properly” and was hit harder than Kingery but at least that’s baseball

Indeed. I have no issue with the principle of position players pitching, I get why it happens. But that was a farce

Frustrating watching the Cubs at the moment. Talented roster and winning the division but really scuffling with hitting recently. Now 5-games in a row where they have scored exactly 1-run and all from solo homers. Weird. 

Managed to swing a trade for Daniel Murphy though so fingers crossed he gives them a shot in the arm. Kris Bryant hopefully due backin a couple of weeks as well.