Major League Baseball

jimmy boo

On 28/04/2022 at 01:06, Boo Khaki said:

Haha! Benches cleared in St.Louis, even the bullpen catchers and staff came streaming towards home plate :lol:

Showalter banned for a game, Lopez banned for 3 althought it's moot as Lopez was going to be sent down anyway with the rosters cut to 26.

I'm raging about this🤣 Mets have been hit umpteen times, Alonso has been drilled in the helmet. Lopez threw a couple of warning pitches and it's the mets who have suspensions.

Clevinger back on the mound tonight, weather permitting 8)

Sad to see what's become of Dinelson Lamet. He looked to be a potential ace back in 2020, declined surgery, and now he's a mess. Velocity and spin both down, can't get his pitches over the plate without being hammered. I honestly thought he was a candidate to be let go at the roster cut down, because I just can't see how he adds anything to the SD bullpen. It's shaky enough as it is.

Forgot how bloody fidgety on the mound Clev is. Makes my teeth itch.

Edited by Boo Khaki

On 04/05/2022 at 13:46, Boo Khaki said:

Clevinger back on the mound tonight, weather permitting 8)

Sad to see what's become of Dinelson Lamet. He looked to be a potential ace back in 2020, declined surgery, and now he's a mess. Velocity and spin both down, can't get his pitches over the plate without being hammered. I honestly thought he was a candidate to be let go at the roster cut down, because I just can't see how he adds anything to the SD bullpen. It's shaky enough as it is.

Forgot how bloody fidgety on the mound Clev is. Makes my teeth itch.

Clevinger is almost as irritating to watch as Craig Kimbrel.  Almost.  

On 14/05/2022 at 22:10, GNU_Linux said:

How does everyone feel about the shift being removed for next season?

It's a bad day when you have to stand on one spot...

also why also 'doctor' the balls?

Pitch clock I don't mind..

Manfred is an erse.....

On 14/05/2022 at 22:10, GNU_Linux said:

How does everyone feel about the shift being removed for next season?

Fielding positions can be orthodox and unorthodox.  I have no issue with the shift at all.  Pitch clock I can get on board with. 

My in laws just moved from Seattle to Arizona and sent us a big box of shite they didn't want to take with them. In amongst it was this baseball signed by Ellis Burks, who played for five teams over 18 seasons. He was playing for the San Francisco Giants (father in law is a Giants fan) in the late 90s when he signed this. Not worth a whole lot, but a pretty cool wee momento.

20220517_193843.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Phillies have punted Joe Girardi as manager after a 22-29 start to the season which is below expectations given the team's club record $240 million payroll. Bench coach Rob Thomson has been given the job on an interim basis.

After waiting 50 years for a Padres No-hitter, I honestly thought I was going to witness a second one live last night. No-no Joe was imperious for 7 +2/3. Genuinely thought he was going to do it. Would have taken about 130 pitches though 😕

• 3 weeks later...

Scherzer scheduled to start tomorrow and deGrom had a rehab outing yesterday, struck out 5 of the 6 batters he faced.

I'm tempting fate because no doubt Scherzer will get a PED ban and deGrom will fall over his cat and be out for another 6 months but what a time to be alive.