Major League Baseball

jimmy boo

Just lovely to have some games to watch with fans in the ground again. Watching Cubs v Pirates just now - Pirates will be awful but not sure what the Cubbies will be like this year. I'd guess whoever wins the NLC will still be mediocre and get bashed in the playoffs by one of the properly strong teams

Pads just recorded their first No-No in franchise history.

I'm absolutely stoked. This is one of the few things in a sporting context that I'd always wondered about and hoped would happen in my lifetime. Small beer in the bigger scheme of things, but it's been bugging me for years and years. 8)

Opening day is brilliant.
Watching the Phillies and Braves go to extra innings with this nonsense man starting on second base rule is rubbish. The DRS of baseball. 
Must admit I don't have a problem with this rule at all. I do, however, have major issues with the three batter rule and I'm not fond of the 7 inning double headers either.

I was originally completely against the NL DH until last year when my position changed completely. Now pitchers are hitting again I'm back to square one - the tactical aspect and having pitchers that can handle the bat really does make a difference and keeps things interesting.

Decent start to the season for the Giants - if it was not for an incredible collapse from 6-1 up in the 8th inning on day one then "we" (I'm not sure if my attendance at one game in 2018 allows me such familiarity, but there you go...) would be sitting 7-2. 

Brandon Crawford looking very good - long may it continue.

On 10/04/2021 at 12:58, Cowshed Chris said:

Must admit I don't have a problem with this rule at all. I do, however, have major issues with the three batter rule and I'm not fond of the 7 inning double headers either.

I was originally completely against the NL DH until last year when my position changed completely. Now pitchers are hitting again I'm back to square one - the tactical aspect and having pitchers that can handle the bat really does make a difference and keeps things interesting.

I don't mind the changes they've made but I'll be gutted if they do away with the pitcher's spot in the line up in the NL. As much for the history of it, but like you say it adds a totally different tactical aspect. I'd also have missed probably my favourite moment in baseball......

Colon Home Run GIF - Colon HomeRun Pitcher - Discover & Share GIFs

On 13/04/2021 at 10:29, Sarto Mutiny said:

The Cubs are shit.

That is all.

Cubs team hitting so far this year .163/.254/.307 - likely a little bit of bad luck in there, but i'm suddenly glad we don't have these guys locked up on long extensions and looking forward to trading them all away at the deadline

Edited by SamuraiJock

Cubs team hitting so far this year .163/.254/.307 - likely a little bit of bad luck in there, but i'm suddenly glad we don't have these guys locked up on long extensions and looking forward to trading them all away at the deadline
Its lucky they're getting hit by pitches so often this year, as it appears to be the only way they can get on base.

On 13/04/2021 at 08:23, Daddy Cheeze said:

Has anyone tried an MLBTV pass? Binned off BTsports as I got iptv earlier this year,only thing i miss about it is the catchup anytime games they had available.

I have used MLB.TV for a few years now, superb picture.

Worth every pound, 162 games and any playoff games for £118 this year, I treat it like a TiVo box, tonight's game (Yankees) is early (6.05PM), I'll watch it live either on my TV, tablet or computer. 

If its a mid evening (UK time) I'll mostly watch, later games ? I just watch in the morning or first available time.

If I'm at aloss, I'll just call up another game..

Only thing I will say, on the TV, you'll mostly get the MLB Flashbacks during the regular advert breaks, feckin' annoying . If I use my computer Chrome with Ad-block, normally its a blue screen instead.

You get choices of broadcaster, home or away and choice of radio feeds as well. unless it's a ESPN or whatever game 

Might be worthwhile creating an account, watching the free game a couple of times and then not, I got a cheap deal the first year I used it

Edited by Bob in Denny
forgot stuff

2 minutes ago, Bob in Denny said:

Worth every pound, 162 games and any playoff games for £118 this year, I treat it like a TiVo box, tonight's game (Yankees) is early (6.05PM), I'll watch it live either on my TV, tablet or computer. 

If its a mid evening (UK time) I'll mostly watch, later games ? I just watch in the morning or first available time.

Only thing I will say, on the TV, you'll mostly get the MLB Flashbacks during the regular advert breaks, feckin' annoying . If I use my computer Chrome with Ad-block, normally its a blue screen instead.

You get choices of broadcaster, home or away and choice of radio feeds as well. unless it's a ESPN or whatever game 

MLB.TV is worth every penny. The coverage is great. Mind you, as a Cubs fan it's great because the Cubs play so many afternoon games so I get to see lots of their games live in the evenings, so not sure if it would be as worthwhile if you were (say) a Dodgers fan.

1 minute ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

MLB.TV is worth every penny. The coverage is great. Mind you, as a Cubs fan it's great because the Cubs play so many afternoon games so I get to see lots of their games live in the evenings, so not sure if it would be as worthwhile if you were (say) a Dodgers fan.

I'm retired but I still like my beauty sleep, unless it a playoff game..

I just catch up whenever...when I worked, I caught up most evenings.

I don't mange all the games but I can get the wrap if needed, I'm terrible for checking the score though...plus the Yanks have stated like dung...

4 hours ago, Bob in Denny said:

Might be worthwhile creating an account, watching the free game a couple of times and then not, I got a cheap deal the first year I used it

3 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Thanks gents,I like the look of the package just wasn't sure if there were any glitches associated with a Scottish location instead of being US based.

I've enjoyed BTs coverage the last couple of seasons,the only thing that pissed me off for no rational reason was their insistence on showing the Braves every other game.

I'm another one in the MLB.tv camp. With the app on a SMART TV it's basically like having a TV channel with all of the games on at whatever time I want to view them.

On another note, it's absolutely hilarious to see the Yankees sitting with the second worst record in the baseball just now. It won't last so I'll enjoy it whilst I can.

6 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

My IPTV has everything MLB related that I'd ever need for less £ than folk paying just for baseball emoji848.png

I can get all the live games too but catchup anytime isnt an option on my setup.between work, family and the time they're shown uk time its a rare day i can sit and watch a game live.

19 hours ago, Daddy Cheeze said:

Thanks gents,I like the look of the package just wasn't sure if there were any glitches associated with a Scottish location instead of being US based.

I've enjoyed BTs coverage the last couple of seasons,the only thing that pissed me off for no rational reason was their insistence on showing the Braves every other game.

CH4 used to do the same NFL teams..

Blackout is only local. USA (and couple of US territories for some reason), enjoy...

19 hours ago, David W said:

I'm another one in the MLB.tv camp. With the app on a SMART TV it's basically like having a TV channel with all of the games on at whatever time I want to view them.

On another note, it's absolutely hilarious to see the Yankees sitting with the second worst record in the baseball just now. It won't last so I'll enjoy it whilst I can.

The Evil Empire shall return

don't know when but they will LOL but it is torture watching and gladly at least they won't get beat tonight