Major League Baseball

jimmy boo

Got my anorak on for this stat, but if the Tampa Bay Rays win it all, after the TB Lightning won the Stanley Cup a couple of weeks ago, it'll be  the first time the same city has claimed the WS and SC in the same calendar year since the NY Giants/Rangers in 1933. Just thought you'd like to know... 

22 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Cohen's purchase of the Mets seems to have been approved. Look forward to us hoovering up all the best FA this off season. Let's go Met$

Mets being the Mets, you’ll get all the injured ones and hire a taxi driver to be the new head doctor.

On 22/10/2020 at 09:37, Savage Henry said:

Mets being the Mets, you’ll get all the injured ones and hire a taxi driver to be the new head doctor.

Normally I'd agree, however Cohen seems a bit more savvy. He doesn't seem like the sort to, for example, fall victim to ponzi schemes and have to Bobby Bonilla.

2 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Normally I'd agree, however Cohen seems a bit more savvy. He doesn't seem like the sort to, for example, fall victim to ponzi schemes and have to Bobby Bonilla.

Or hire an agent as a GM.

What an idiot Justin Turner is. Anybody want to guess what his punishment will be. My guess is suspended for at least half a season

He is now a free agent so a lengthy suspension will put many clubs off signing him, He is 36 so it may even end his career

Edited by Wile E Coyote

• 1 month later...
Cleveland dropping Indians from their name. Naturally there is tonnes of folk absolutely seething.
I'm surprised anyone is surprised, especially now the Washington Football Team have finally relented. It's long overdue, but I guess it will still annoy many gammons

• 2 weeks later...