Major League Baseball

jimmy boo

Tatis getting grief for smashing a 3-0 pitch for a grand slam when the Padres were up by 7.

IMO the pitcher should have thrown a better pitch. No need to moan because your having a nightmare of an outing.
First time I've heard of this 'unwritten rule'. I can understand not stealing bases or bunting etc when a team is on a canter but not swinging at pitches? Aye right.

First time I've heard of this 'unwritten rule'. I can understand not stealing bases or bunting etc when a team is on a canter but not swinging at pitches? Aye right.

They are now saying he ignored a “take the pitch” sign. So if he had swung at the 3-1 pitch instead and homered would there be any outrage? Unwritten rules are shite. You play the game to do your best. If the Rangers didn’t want them to run up the score, then play better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I think even if the Pads don't take the NL West they'd likely still meet the Dodgers in the Divisional. Losing there I think would still be a relatively successful season for the Pads considering they've totally overhauled the starting pitching and the line-up was clearly still a work in progress right up to the trade deadline.

If they do manage to leapfrog the Dodgers and take the #1 seed, then I think all bets are off because that's bound to take a toll on the mental state of LAD going into the playoffs. I think then the Pads genuinely would have a chance of winning the WS. This three game series is huge for momentum and belief for both teams. I also think the Pads have a slightly easier run-in over the last 8 games.

16 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Yeah, I think even if the Pads don't take the NL West they'd likely still meet the Dodgers in the Divisional. Losing there I think would still be a relatively successful season for the Pads considering they've totally overhauled the starting pitching and the line-up was clearly still a work in progress right up to the trade deadline.

If they do manage to leapfrog the Dodgers and take the #1 seed, then I think all bets are off because that's bound to take a toll on the mental state of LAD going into the playoffs. I think then the Pads genuinely would have a chance of winning the WS. This three game series is huge for momentum and belief for both teams. I also think the Pads have a slightly easier run-in over the last 8 games.

I think so. The NL West is shaping up to be an interesting division, whatever happens. Those two look the best two sides in the NL - as much as I would like the Cubs to get there, I cannot see it unless the likes of Bryant and Baez seriously improve their batting over the course of the next month. Although, with the way Yu Darvish and Kyle Hendricks have been pitching, they have a chance against anyone.

Back to back non-performances by the Pads. Really disappointing. What a time for Tatis to hit a slump. No idea what the idea with the pitching is tonight. Tingler seems determined to give everyone in the bullpen an outing. They have guys in there who have started and gone deep into games in the past, so this is just odd.

10 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Haven’t been keeping track of the MLB this season, but saw the Yankees won 20-6 last night. Must have been a great game to watch!

The Giants scored 23 the other week, and somebody else on the East coast scored 29.  There’s been a few blow outs that have ended with the third choice catcher pitching.

The Giants scored 23 the other week, and somebody else on the East coast scored 29.  There’s been a few blow outs that have ended with the third choice catcher pitching.
Happened at a playoff game i was at 2 years ago. Yankees got hammered at home to red sox and the back up catcher was pitching. First time I'd ever heard of it. Proper mental stuff, but all about saving important arms for the next game.

The Yankees have went on a brilliant run recently, which stands at 9 i think. Last night they came from 4 down against the red sox, and the other day hit 5 home runs in the one inning against the jays (first time in their history).

Buzzing for the playoffs.

On 23/08/2020 at 09:41, Cowshed Chris said:

Have we ever seen a bullpen as bad as the Phillies? This pen must be setting all sorts of records this year

Obviously it's a shortened season but they are on course to be literally the second worst bullpen ever. The previous worst being the 1930 Phillies (of course).

Worst ERA in baseball (7.21 :lol: ), Worst opponents average (.321), second worst in home runs allowed (41). 11 saves out of 23?! And all that whilst pitching the second fewest number of innings! With even a slightly below average bullpen they'd be in the post-season comfortably.