Major League Baseball

jimmy boo

On 24/10/2019 at 17:37, Sarto Mutiny said:

Fair play to the Nationals - they've already won two more games than I thought they would. Momentum is an amazing thing. Hope they see it through, but can't help thinking the Astros are such a good team that they must turn this around...surely?

And all of a sudden, the series is level. Hard to see the Astros failing from here.

5 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Hmm.

Must admit I thought the better team lost.

Over the whole season no doubt the Astros are the better team but fair play to the Nationals they outscored the Astros and got the job done. The bottom line is the Nationals starters were better than the Astros starters. Justin Verlander  just wasn't good enough in his two games

I also though the Astros would win in 4 or  5 games but over the 7 games the Nationals deserved it

Edited by Wile E Coyote

13 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Not in game 7!!

Grenke had that game in his hipper. One bad pitch and he's pulled, and the roof caves in.

The nats just didn't know when they were beat. Brilliant series

Aye, I must admit I didn't see that coming. Pleased for the Nationals, and not too unhappy to see the Astros fall flat on their face.

Weird to think Justin Verlander has had seven starts in the World Series in his life and has never won a game.

• 1 month later...
Gerrit Cole to the Yankees on a 9 year deal worth $324 million or $36 million per year.

That’s just nonsensical. That’ll look terrible in five years, when a 36 year old Gerrit Cole struggles to make it out of the third inning throwing 88.

• 1 month later...

Astros fined $5 million and stripped of their first and second round picks for the next two years. This, of course, as a result of being cause stealing signs and tipping their own players. The GM and manager were both suspended a year, but both have subsequently been sacked.

It’s certainly harsher than I was expecting. MLB is making a statement. I’d imagine Alex Cora will be looking for alternative employment soon too.
They deserve it for stupidity alone. The entire roster was aware apparently. To think that everyone was going to keep hush about it...

Mets name Carlos Beltran as their new manager. The Mets currently have an agent as their GM. That’s... a very Mets kind of thing to do.

It’s certainly harsher than I was expecting. MLB is making a statement. I’d imagine Alex Cora will be looking for alternative employment soon too.

And that’s Carlos Beltran resigning as well. Can’t help but feel the Mets have dodged one, there.

5 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

And that’s Carlos Beltran resigning as well. Can’t help but feel the Mets have dodged one, there.

Wow. I read something earlier about it and I thought it sounded like he was going to avoid sanctions.  Probably have dodged a bullet but Fred Wilpon will be reloading.

• 2 weeks later...